Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2024 6:16:52 PM EDT
Lately there’s been numerous changes to opinions at the ATF. Does anyone know if any of them changed being able to sell your uppers and shipping uppers to individuals in states that don’t have bans?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#1]
FTATF
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not a firearm. At least as far as I know.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you still get on PSA's website and have one shipped to your door? There's your answer.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wagonwheel1:
View Quote

I didn’t believe that anything had changed that would now make it a firearm. I wasn’t sure if anything had changed regarding shipping them either. Figured I would ask someone who may be more informed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NOMAAM:
Can you still get on PSA's website and have one shipped to your door? There's your answer.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#6]
If it’s legal in my state, then it’s legal. I mean, that’s how I treat it. To each their own but if you buy something from me that is not federally illegal to ship, off it goes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#7]
If it doesn't have a serial number, it's not a firearm.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Who cares anymore
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

If you read the legal definition of a firearm it describes an upper a lot better than a lower.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck the feds, do what makes you happy
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By NOMAAM:
View Quote

Not if you live in WA state, nobody ships anything to this commie state.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Camaroman:
Lately there’s been numerous changes to opinions at the ATF. Does anyone know if any of them changed being able to sell your uppers and shipping uppers to individuals in states that don’t have bans?
View Quote
what states have a ban on uppers?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:07:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HDLS:
what states have a ban on uppers?
View Quote

WA won't let you buy anything that can  be used on a semiautomatic firearm.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:23:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Klaatu_barada_nikto:

WA won't let you buy anything that can  be used on a semiautomatic firearm.
View Quote

I am truly sorry to hear that brother.  I hope you’re well stocked enough to ride that out.  

“Move to a free state” they say, but the problem is that this bullshit is coming to free states if we don’t get folks into office who understand what the constitution means.  

I’m an old man yelling at clouds and preaching to the choir.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#15]

I didn't believe that anything had changed that would now make it a firearm. I wasn't sure if anything had changed regarding shipping them either. Figured I would ask someone who may be more informed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I didn't believe that anything had changed that would now make it a firearm. I wasn't sure if anything had changed regarding shipping them either. Figured I would ask someone who may be more informed.
So you came to GD?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Please point to the exact law that prevents you from selling and shipping an upper.

You can't.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:15:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By IdahoPCCinc:

Please point to the exact law that prevents you from selling and shipping an upper.

You can't.

View All Quotes

You can't.

OP didn't claim there was such a law....he's asking IF THERE HAS BEEN ANY CHANGE TO ATF OPINIONS in regards to uppers.

Your reading comprehension is as bad as OP's Google skills.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#18]

You can't.

View All Quotes

You can't.

OP didn't claim there was such a law....he's asking IF THERE HAS BEEN ANY CHANGE TO ATF OPINIONS in regards to uppers.

Your reading comprehension is equal to OP's Google skills.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Regarding the new law.

For ARs:

1) Sell lower for less than you paid for the gun. Thus, you are not earning a 'profit'.
2) Separate and sell upper to match said lower for whatever you want. Uppers are not firearms, and not covered up the regulation.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:37:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IdahoPCCinc] [#20]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

You can't.

Your ability to not comprehend why I said "law" instead of "opinion" is why you shouldn't post on forums.

Opinions don't mean shit.
Laws do.

There is no fed law preventing the  sale of an upper.
Hence the question put forth by the OP is ludicrous.
That was the point I made.

Having to explain that to you, as well as your inability to post without duping yourself shows everyone your lack of attention to detail and human performance issues.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Scott_S:

I am truly sorry to hear that brother.  I hope you’re well stocked enough to ride that out.  

“Move to a free state” they say, but the problem is that this bullshit is coming to free states if we don’t get folks into office who understand what the constitution means.  

I’m an old man yelling at clouds and preaching to the choir.
View Quote

As long as you continue to preach the truth, that's what counts.

signed,

Choir Member
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:04:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DogtownTom] [#22]

Your ability to not comprehend why I said "law" instead of "opinion" is why you shouldn't post on forums.

Opinions don't mean shit.
Laws do.

There is no fed law preventing the  sale of an upper.
Hence the question put forth by the OP is ludicrous.
That was the point I made.

Having to explain that to you, as well as your inability to post without duping yourself shows everyone your lack of attention to detail and human performance issues.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Do a bit of reading at atf.gov and you'll discover that they most certainly do issue Rulings and Determination Letters based on their opinion.
Those Rulings carry the weight of law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top