Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2023 5:39:41 PM EDT
Like it says above. Who here has used pd680 ? I was station in Camp Pendleton 92-96 mals 39 ord gun shop . I used pd680. I been researching it . It mite cause cancer .
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 5:47:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AROKIE] [#1]
Nvm?
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It has benzene in it and other bad shit.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
We used it to clean the ejection seats after we stripped them down. We used all kinds of dangerous sh*t , but we did wear our ppe....most of the time. I'm still kickin'.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Pd680 was magical on the hydraulic deck of aircraft… and also used in the fuel system trainers at the school house….

Also add Trichloroethylene and MEK to your list of stuff you shouldn’t touch but probably did.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I found a va claim that was linked to cancer and exposure to pd680
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By panzer:
Pd680 was magical on the hydraulic deck of aircraft… and also used in the fuel system trainers at the school house….

Also add Trichloroethylene and MEK to your list of stuff you shouldn’t touch but probably did.
View Quote

...and then 2 weeks later all the servos start to leak!  The Navy actually stopped letting us use it in the hydraulics bay.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Every airframes or hydraulic troop since it's invention.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By svt40:

...and then 2 weeks later all the servos start to leak!  The Navy actually stopped letting us use it in the hydraulics bay.
View Quote

That's retarded considering it's a required solvent for a/c hyd work. or was
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By alexfiggy:
Like it says above. Who here has used pd680 ? I was station in Camp Pendleton 92-96 mals 39 ord gun shop . I used pd680. I been researching it . It mite cause cancer .
View Quote

I worked in the Ordnance shop at MALS 26 and 29 in the early 90's and we used PD680 to clean pretty much everything.  I went on recruting duty in 97 and when i came back to the fleet, people started using PPE.  Prior to that, I remember using it in spray bottles to wipe down AWSE, and we even used it to cleaned our hands.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 4:58:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By rktman26:

I worked in the Ordnance shop at MALS 26 and 29 in the early 90's and we used PD680 to clean pretty much everything.  I went on recruting duty in 97 and when i came back to the fleet, people started using PPE.  Prior to that, I remember using it in spray bottles to wipe down AWSE, and we even used it to cleaned our hands.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rktman26:
Originally Posted By alexfiggy:

IYAOYAS ! I was MALS 39 , 92/96 gun shop . 6541
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:18:11 AM EDT
[#11]
LCAC's at Pendleton. We used it when water washing the turbine engines.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Had a guy in our engine room that would use it to clean and polish tough spots on the deck plates It worked great!

Personally I'm more concerned about the valve gaskets that they had us grind off when they were stuck during rebuilds. I flipped one over to find it labeled as asbestos.... No PPE anywhere...
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By maggiethecat:

That's retarded considering it's a required solvent for a/c hyd work. or was
View Quote

We still used it for basic cleaning.  Just no longer allowed to go up in the hyd bay with a 5 gallon can and a spray nozzle and "go to town".

Brought to you by the same guys that thought little tiny bits of rubber eraser mixed into aircraft soap was a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I was an aircraft crew chief. We used to use it to wash grease and oil off of our hands.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#15]
So did we...
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Tons of it. It was on the "Tools, Parts, Materials" section of the MRC for the TD1A aircraft tie-downs. I was assigned that check pretty frequently.

It would strip all the natural oils from your hands and leave them feeling really dry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top