Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2024 2:21:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-]
Seems to be way off. Thought I'd see if others are using it and if it's been successful for you.

New to OrcaSlicer and just experimenting with features to see which work and which are better left untouched.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
Seems to be way off. Thought I'd see if others are using it and if it's been successful for you.

New to OrcaSlicer and just experimenting with features to see which work and which are better left untouched.
View Quote

I did the manual calibration in ABS for Bambu & Inland. Neither needed much tweaking. From what I’ve seen as usual it’s a nozzle/ layer height specific thing you save the calibration to in the pull down menu.

I have done very little so far with PLA HS or Bambu PLA, but so far the results were plenty good I didn’t bother with any calibration as of yet.

As a side not I do a lot of PEI textured prints. When you send it to the printer with that select & that plate it pops up a warning about how it’s not necessarily accurate, blah blah blah, but say you send it to the printer then use the onscreen reprint option it auto selects the flow calibration & lays down the variable test strips, unlike the singular lines wehen sent from Orca, & it seems to print just as good, maybe a tad better.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I do use them. They seem pretty spot on, maybe tending toward overextrusion.
Realistically the calibration at the beginning of a print doesn't take very long relative to the time of a large job.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone have a .deb installation file for Orca v2.0?  All I can find are ".appimage"s which don't work on any distribution I've tried.

I even tried building from source, but after hunting down and installing every package that Orca requires, it still won't compile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top