Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2024 5:18:05 PM EDT
Thinking of joining my local branch.  Did a tour today and it was about what I expected from having looked at the website first.  It's nice.  They have some nice amenities.

I'm pretty much where I want to be fitness-wise, but it might be time for a change of scenery.  Since 2020 I have worked out solitary in my garage with a weight rack, bar bell and 10-45 lb plates in the corner.  Also have a freestanding bag that I work on some.  I skip rope and do burpees and shit for cardio.  For several years pre-covid I trained krav, boxing and some JJ.  

If you work out in your garage you know how it is sometimes.  Even though it's just one hour a few times a week, sharing space with cars, cleaning supplies, kids bikes etc is a drag.  Then there's the dog hair and mud and whatnot on the floor.  Then it gets bone-chilling cold in winter and suffocatingly hot in summer.  I've put up with it all these years but maybe it's time to treat myself a little.  

Another big reason to join would be for my kids who are 8 and 5.  I think they would enjoy it.  I took my daughter with me on the tour (the 8-year old) and she liked it.  They are both fish, so was I at that age, and they would love the pool, especially the outdoor pool in summer.  For me it might be nice to be around other people and take some classes.  

The only negative is that it's a 30-minute drive from home.  And if I pick the kids up at school first it's 15 minutes the other way to get them.  But weekends won't be as bad, and it's on the way home from work if I go by myself.  I'd want to go at least three times a week (two with the kids) to be worth it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a lot of travel.  Nothing closer?
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ctfish15:
That's a lot of travel.  Nothing closer?
View Quote

There are regular gyms yeah but I’m not interested in that. Life time is more a resort/country club deal. And you pay for it. Family of four cost about $300 a month. I’d be doing this for the kids as much as me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
We looked at our local one this past spring. We just couldn’t justify the monthly cost for a family of 4
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:12:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zach_] [#4]
After a heart attack, I was a member for about a year.
OOPS WRONG COMPANY.
THAT WAS LA FITNESS
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I was a member at the one in Flower Mound TX for a year or so.  Great services, good value if you'll use it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top