Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2024 2:24:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corruptor]
I've got one of the original Halcyon single tank wings headed for service next week, but it's old and long out of production, so I don't know if the bladder is replaceable.  

Does anyone have a good single tank wing?  If I need to replace mine I'd like to start looking and would love some recommendations.

ETA: I'm looking for something suitable for tropical and warm water diving.  My current wing has 16lbs of lift which was plenty for my needs, plus the low profile was great for travel.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I dive a Hollis 22, my wife has a Mares 22.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
DRIS has a 20 for $299. Hog has a 23 for $239
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You can’t go wrong with a Dive Rite wing. I won’t buy anything else.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Dive Gear Express has their own line of stuff, my wife bought me the single tank wing for my birthday last year in October:

DGX Gears S1 Single Tank Wing

I've used it on pool dives (replacing filter frames or drain covers for friends that own a business), ocean dives, spring dives, etc. and considering I've only owned it about four months and really only dive sidemount, it's had a fair amount of use already, seems very tough and has worked perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:47:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gewehr3] [#5]
I've used the DGX wing on about 10 dives. It has been good so far. The wing is made in US, and it seems to be high quality. The wing is streamlined.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input folks! I've sent my wing off to a shop in florida. They will do a proper evaluation and let me know if I need replacement or not. It was holding air quite well, so I guessing it's just going to need valve and inflator service, but at least I'm semi-preparative it doesn't pass inspection.  

I stopped diving on a regular basis about 12 years ago,  and my last dive was a little over 6 years ago. I'm headed to Costa Rica at the end of February so it's a bit of a scramble to get all of my gear serviced and do a refresh class with a local shop. Hopefully I will also have time to squeeze in a couple of Dives at one of the Florida Springs as well. I've been looking for an excuse to get back into diving, so thank you Costa rica!

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, that was quick!  I sent the wing to Extreme Exposure in High Springs FL, which also happens to be the shop I purchased it from in 2001-ish.  They inspected and tested it the day it was received (yesterday), called with a consultation, replaced the inflator, added a couple of elastic bands for hose retention, and now have it boxed up and heading back to me.  Talk about service!  My local shop said it would be up to 3 weeks...  

Thanks for the input.  Even though it was all for naught, I'm glad to have the opinions.  I don't think I'd heard of DGX; having taken a good look around on their site I'm sure I'm going to be sending some business their way when I start upgrading some of my gear.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]
DGX is my go to for gear. They also have the best price on CCR O2 sensors!
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:53:22 AM EDT
[#9]
If DGX sells it, you’re not likely to find a better price. I love them
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm currently dive a Fury BCD from Zeagle. great wing with rip cord drop systen.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:02:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By markmars:
I'm currently dive a Fury BCD from Zeagle. great wing with rip cord drop systen.
View Quote

That is NOT a single tank wing.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top