Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/27/2024 8:29:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: redfish86]
Went to London mid February for a few days. I never got “sick” but I developed a dry cough shortly after we got home.  I can’t not shake the damn thing. Doc has had me on antibiotics, steroids, some inhaler thing

It’s fucking annoying as hell.  

Bonus though, I’m sure I’ve got 8 pack abs under my insulation layer at my waist. I’m pretty much doing 1500 crunches a day.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you, by any chance, taking Lisinopril?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#2]
A number of people at work that traveled to the EU earlier this year have gotten it. They are still hacking and it has been 2 months.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Logcutter:
View Quote

ACE inhibitors in general
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:39:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: redfish86] [#4]
View Quote

No

I take Atacand and Dilitazem. Regardless, I’ve taken them for years and never had this cough.  My normal MO is to hang on to a cough for a few weeks after having a cold but it’s been damn near three months and I still have this damn thing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:41:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sitdwnandhngon] [#5]
My wife has had one since we got Covid in the fall, and it's driving me crazy. I've told her to go to the doctor to see if she needs an inhaler or something.

"It's just allergies"

Fine, don't listen to the guy that's had asthma since he was born. The longer you let the inflammation sit in there the longer it takes to get it out. Some steroids might knock it right out no problem.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#6]
6 weeks of it for me.
My sat was 94-95 for at least 3.
I’m a nurse and I also have too close nurse practitioner friends that were trying to help me.
A couple of inhalers did not work steroids did not work. Antibiotics did not work because mine was a viral syndrome/bronchitis.
I couldn’t train (BJJ) for about a month.
Sucked bad.  I know a few people that had the same thing.
I know when mine started and in hind site I believe I had the ‘vid. Hence a post viral syndrome
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
My wife has had one since we got Covid in the fall, and it's driving me crazy. I've told her to go to the doctor to see if she needs an inhaler or something.

"It's just allergies"

Fine, don't listen to the guy that's had asthma since he was born. The longer you let the inflammation sit in there the longer it takes to get it out. Some steroids might knock it right out no problem.
View Quote

I’m about ready to trade in these kings for a new set

It’s driving me N V T S, nuts!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:

ACE inhibitors in general
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#9]
When I lay down I get the coughing and wheezing/whistling amost like asthma but my inhaler doesn't help, nor does a dose of nebulizer.  It started in January right after I got covid.  I cough up a lot of mucus every night.  Keeps me awake for hours.  Feels like I have junk in the back of my throat that I can't clear out.  

I tried anti biotics and steroids and it didn't help.

I am on lisiniopril too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I have had a persistent cough with no other symptoms a few times in the past and my PCP recommended that I try to take Tagament.  Its an OTC heart burn pill but an off label use is persistent cough.  Worth a shot.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Mark Levin does, 😂
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

He ain't kidding. Dr had me on Lisinopril for 4+ years with a cough / for the same period.
New Dr said no more  Lisinopril for you.
A few days after stopping my cough stopped
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#13]
IBTM
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Half of our office has it. They travel all over.

Seems like Prilosec kinda helps, maybe.

It's been at least 6 weeks for me. I also had COVID earlier in the year.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Definitely AIDS. Sorry OP. Dibs on guns.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I also take omeprazole daily, I know that’s different than the uterus mentioned. I’ll try to switch to cimitidine.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Could be related to heartburn or gerd. Take alkaseltzer before bed and see what happens.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By redfish86:

No

I take Atacand and Dilitazem. Regardless, I’ve taken them for years and never had this cough.  My normal MO is to hang on to a cough for a few weeks after having a cold but it’s been damn near three months and I still have this damn thing.
View Quote

It is extremely rare but ARBs have been associated with a chronic dry cough in some people..it’s a side effect that can appear even if you’ve been on it for years. There are other meds as well, some otc than can cause it as well

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6548022/#bib8

Plenty of other causes though too..post nasal drip from allergies, acid reflux, etc.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I also take omeprazole daily, I know that’s different than the uterus mentioned. I’ll try to switch to cimitidine.
View Quote

Uterus?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Week 5 for me. Coughed so hard I almost passed out. 2nd run of antis and 3rd DR visit
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JVD:

Uterus?
View Quote

Fucking fat finger autocorrect
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

You can double up for a week and see if that helps any.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Went to London mid February for a few days. I never got "sick" but I developed a dry cough shortly after we got home.  I can't not shake the damn thing. Doc has had me on antibiotics, steroids, some inhaler thing

It's fucking annoying as hell.  

Bonus though, I'm sure I've got 8 pack abs under my insulation layer at my waist. I'm pretty much doing 1500 crunches a day.
View Quote
How many jabs?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:15:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: redfish86] [#25]
Originally Posted By slow3v:
How many jabs?
View Quote

Zero

Had covid confirmed at least twice, probably a third time (based on me losing taste for a couple weeks).
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I caught some version of the vid last September, still coughing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Twice already this year after overseas airline flights. I truly believe that planes are nothing but flying petri dishes. Taking Prednisone and Benzonatate trying to shake this round of coughing.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Allergies and asthma here.
Always have a cough.

Post nasal drip
Polyps in the nose

Freaking huge tonsils full of holes that touch the back of my throat making me cough.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Kennel cough
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Had that, only time really helped. Month or so.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#31]
In the before time I once got codeine cough syrup in my 20s.

That shit is fucking magic but medicine is too gay now
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quercetin and bromelain
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Have had it, got a suppressant the docs call pearls binzo something that would suppress the urge to cough, but it was around 2 months and then one day it vanished.
No idea and no additional meds taken.
Had 2-3 team members that had the same, cough not -reductive, and no other symptoms. There a month or so and then gone.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes. Check your sinuses/allergies. Took years to figure it out. Was getting drips down back of my throat that were making their way into my lungs. Drips were so slight i did not even feel them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Covid Jan & Feb '20. Coughed for 37 days & lived. Pure blood here ...
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By XJ:
Kennel cough
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 03Vet:
Yes. Check your sinuses/allergies. Took years to figure it out. Was getting drips down back of my throat that were making their way into my lungs. Drips were so slight i did not even feel them.
View Quote

That is pretty much why I have my lingering cough. I have taken steps to mitigate it but is there some sort of procedure to stop it?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#38]
My wife has had it 5 weeks now since we went on a cruise. I had it for about two weeks before beating it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#39]
tuberculosis, need to go to a sanitarium
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

"It's just allergies"

View Quote

It took me two courses of antibiotics to get rid of the problem (covid, pneumonia, bronchitis).  It has not been a problem for a couple of years now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By hbilly:
tuberculosis, need to go to a sanitarium
View Quote

Glenwood Springs?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By LoadedDrum:

That is pretty much why I have my lingering cough. I have taken steps to mitigate it but is there some sort of procedure to stop it?
View Quote

I don't know. I do take Allegra D when it gets bad and it goes away. I think though sometimes the Allegra is worse than the cough due to how crappy it makes me feel the next day.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#43]
check yourself for tonsil stones, sometimes that is the problem.

easily resolved.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:
I have had a persistent cough with no other symptoms a few times in the past and my PCP recommended that I try to take Tagament.  Its an OTC heart burn pill but an off label use is persistent cough.  Worth a shot.
View Quote

I am going to remember that one. Every once in awhile I get this dry cough that lasts for a week or so. It's damn dry around here so sometimes I think that lines up with the pollen in spring.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By DoverGunner:

He ain't kidding. Dr had me on Lisinopril for 4+ years with a cough / for the same period.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DoverGunner:

I developed the same when on lisinopril.

They say it's a small percentage that do but I hear about it a lot.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#46]
My baby mamas dad went to the doctor for a cough. Turned out to be lung cancer. He had surgery but I don’t think he has long.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Wife had it and was put on steroids which helped. She's no jab.

I have it but have not taken anything for it to see if it'll go away on its own. I am jabbed.

Kid had it before all us amd is just getting over it. It's been about 8wks for her, she's no jab as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#48]
May be silent GERD. I had it. Persistent cough, annoying AF. Went to the Doc and they diagnosed silent GERD. Omeprazole once a day cured it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:43:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bravo_Six] [#49]
Originally Posted By TODD-67:
A number of people at work that traveled to the EU earlier this year have gotten it. They are still hacking and it has been 2 months.
View Quote

The timing is uncanny, isn't it?

Kind of like what happened exactly 4 years ago.

Might as well be on the safe side and make a run over to Tractor Supply.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm going on a month now, but I have a deep rattle in my chest.

Doc said pneumonia but the meds aren't really doing anything.

Coughing so hard my ribs hurt and getting pulled muscles
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top