Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:14:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Look at pictures of the distribution centers.

When you see the workers you'll know the problem.  It's like most are the same people that go to a Walmart and don't need the electric scooter cart, but get one anyhow.  Amiright?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:21:23 AM EDT
[#2]
A rifle. Sent Priority Mail Monday afternoon. No updates, hasn't arrived.

This is after they couldn't get it delivered the first time and my ffl guy couldn't get to the P.O. to get it so it went back.

Paid for this a month ago.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look at pictures of the distribution centers.
When you see the workers you'll know the problem.  It's like most are the same people that go to a Walmart and don't need the electric scooter cart, but get one anyhow. Amiright?
View Quote

My friend in NY is a retired postal worker. He worked at one of the big centers on Long Island and was a union delegate. He has some great stories.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:23:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Last week, I had a package sitting in Atlanta for 5 freaking days.

It has never been that bad before.
View Quote

Yep, came here to post the same thing. Packages that arrive in Atlanta sit there for days, I'm waiting on a couple right now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:31:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same.

Package makes it from who knows where in 18 hours, makes it to Atlanta, and is parked for days. Meanwhile, you check the tracking info and figure it’s gone forever. Then it shows up, albeit 5 days later than the original date.

It’s a lack of accountability problem. Nobody gives a fuck, and there’s no consequence.

Problem is always worse once more… democrats get involved with the process.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes. My last EE order is 10 days past delivery.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yep, came here to post the same thing. Packages that arrive in Atlanta sit there for days, I'm waiting on a couple right now.
View Quote

Also about to post the same thing.  Packages that sat for a week, last week.  Now I have 2 more packages sitting in ATL DIST when they normally would have been delivered..2 days ago
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:38:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I've gotten a couple bills back from the post office, with the yellow undeliverable sticker on them, in the last 3 months. And a year ago my auto insurance payment was lost somewhere, after I dropped it off at the PO (I just drop it at the insurance office now). One for my electric bill that's been going to the same address for decades, and the other was for a credit card.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:39:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've gotten a couple bills back from the post office, with the yellow undeliverable sticker on them, in the last 3 months. And a year ago my auto insurance payment was lost somewhere, after I dropped it off at the PO (I just drop it at the insurance office now). One for my electric bill that's been going to the same address for decades, and the other was for a credit card.
View Quote

You pay bills?

And by check?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:43:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Also about to post the same thing.  Packages that sat for a week, last week.  Now I have 2 more packages sitting in ATL DIST when they normally would have been delivered..2 days ago
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with 2 packages going through Atlanta.

1 completely lost it’s been almost a month.

The other it sat in Atlanta almost a week.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:46:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again. See my post on top of this page.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:47:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I brought wedding invitations to our small town local post office on March 12th.  Nobody has gotten them yet.  3 of the recipients live in my same town

Everything in or out of my area goes through the North Houston hub which is a nightmare.  I've had packages stuck there for weeks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:08:03 AM EDT
[#13]
I do think things have gotten worse.  Had water/sewer bill payments to the local govt go missing, not seen months later.  Twice I have gotten stern letters from the local govt saying we didn't pay, when we did.  Gotten so bad we don't bother mailing in payment anymore - its worth the hassle of going down to the local govt office to pay in person.

Also had a bill from our dentist go astray, leading to an followup bill with service charge, etc.  For a $2 bill balance.   They get paid in person now too.

Even as far back as 4 years ago, my son's Pokemon card orders would occasionally go astray.  These were typically in letters, nothing special looking typically.  Maybe 1 in 8 orders would go missing.

Packages, haven't had too many issues YET.  Other than the occasional package being scanned as delivered at a certain time, but when I look for it its not on the property, nor at a certain house down the road which shares my house # but different road name (they occasionally get our mail, and we get theirs, have actually had gone down there to talk to them about the situation, which they were pretty understanding about).  Said package might show up the next day, just poof, there, despite being scanned as delivered the day before.

At least the local mail guy is friendly, we get along alright.

Quoted:

You pay bills?

And by check?
View Quote

Yes, believe it or not, not everyone is comfortable with online banking.  We have most of our bills set up for auto-pay via a dedicated credit card, but some bills they can't do it that way.  No frigging way am I giving the local govt access to my checking acct for a water/sewer bill.  Since the local mail service has gotten less reliable with our payments going into a black hole called the USPS, we have to pay in person these days.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:12:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#15]
They steal anything that looks like it could be valuable. I only use FedEx or UPS now.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Call me crazy, but I have never had a USPS package or other expected/crucial mail be late or lost. Maybe Alabama is good at something.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Its kind of simple.

Around here, the ONLY employees USPS has seemingly employed in the last 20 years are all the exactly same demographic:   In order to be hired, you apparently must be 5' to 5'3",  between the ages of 45 and 55, built like a potato, possess a surly nasty attitude, and generally despise everything.  I've never met a more surly, unfriendly, bunch of  dissatisfied old lesbians in my life....

The Post Office does not and cannot run.  There isn't a competent, efficient individual in the building.  If all you do is hire fat, old ladies, you get fat old lady performance....
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:35:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You pay bills?

And by check?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You pay bills?

And by check?

Yep, 5 whole bills per month. No, not a Boomer. No, don't write checks at the grocery store check-out.

I do shop at brick and mortar stores as much as possible and pay with cash quite often, too. I do it, in part, to "protest" the insistence (from people like you) that all our banking and bill paying must go digital, and also to preserve the usage of cash and to support small local businesses. It isn't hard to foresee how this plan of forcing everyone to go 100% digital, and embracing AI and eliminating paper money, is going to play out. And once these manual options are gone...

This thread is just another precursor, as are the annual Christmas "where is my Amazon delivery" threads. If you don't understand, that's ok. Oh, and you're welcome (you can thank me later).
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Various things I've ordered for the last few months ship via USPS fairly quickly. I track it every day or so. But when it hits our local hub, it sits for days, sometimes up to a week before showing out for delivery.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep.

I overnighted a check from Ft Worth to Atlanta. Guaranteed next day by 6. It’s 2 days later and it’s still not delivered. At least I’ll get my $30 back.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:42:15 AM EDT
[#21]
For packages that come with a tracking number, delivery went from always 1 day early, to 1 day delayed.

Not catastrophic obviously, but I too wonder what’s going on.  

If anything originates in or near Chicago, it’s REALLY bad-delays that go on for days.  Poor Chris at Shark Arms has to deal with the delays and unhappy customers all the time, and he’s a good dude.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Read what is happening in Richmond, the first place to adopt DeJoy's plan to modernize USPS... and recognize it's only going to get worse as this is rolled out across the US

https://www.axios.com/local/richmond/2024/03/28/usps-richmond-meltdown-mail-delay
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Been noticing that *VERY* important *TIME SENSITIVE* mail has been getting delivered *EXTREMELY* delayed for me.
Recently, I had a medical bill go to *COLLECTIONS* because I only received *ONE* letter from the billing company.

We dismissed that letter because we figured we already paid for it, because it was a medical bill incurred during a pregnancy and we mistook it for another service we thought we had paid already.

Then recently, we got a letter, indicating that they had tried contacting us *SEVERAL TIMES*. But we had only receive that *ONE LETTER*. US Postal Shitbags apparently lost the other letters. Had we received all those other letters, we would have eventually called them. But we made the mistake of dismissing it as "already paid" and thinking the letter was before payment was made. Had we received the other letters, we would have followed up with them and made sure to pay it.

Then we had another time sensitive letter, with a notice date of MARCH 7TH! We just got that *TODAY*. WTF!? 3 WEEKS TO GET A LETTER FROM WITHIN THE UNITED STATES?!?!?!

WTF Kind of third world bullshit is this!?

I remember all the leftist scum bitching about how "DRUMPF" was supposedly wrecking the US Postal service. But funny how they're all silent now that Pedo-in-Chief is in charge!
WTF is this bullshit?!? Been getting a shit ton of mail that seems delayed by nearly a fucking month!
I feel like they had better service back in the Pony Express days!

FUCK YOU JOE BIDEN!

View Quote

I am missing 8k in checks from customers. My last truck payment didn't make it to the bank. Had to ach 2 payments for it last week.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#24]
As bad as they might be, they seem to be doing much better than UPS or Fed-Ex in my area.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
God help you if you have any package that’s gotta roll through St Louis. You’re lucky if it only adds an extra day to two vs a big route misdirection for a week or more.  The USPS in STL is whole other tier of tarded
View Quote

Stl is so bad even Cori Busch is complaining.  

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news/cori-bush-calls-out-postal-service-demands-answers-41925022

My mail lady died they had her obituary card same day as now hiring.   She was sick and out for months and the mail has been total shit show.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#26]
That'd be like asking if you've noticed Joy Behar being a bitch lately.
Always has been, dude.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Just like the UAW, the Post Office Union makes everything shit.

Even the post offices on federal property and run like shit, mail delivery is ok though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Big time. Our letter carrier is on point. However, he has so much time now, he is off more than he works...good for him. He earned it, plus military time.

The subs suck.ass. AT LEAST WEEKLY OR MORE...I have shit in my box that belongs to the neighbors. If you count just me, and the shit fucked up, imagine across the entire route. Goddamn, it ain't that hard.

Shipping and tracking from orders to my door isn't so bad, but I make sure I do get insurance, especially shit like ammo when the vendor has that option.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Yes.
We operate a small business completely reliant on USPS and it's been an absolutely mess especially recently.

Delayed and LOST packages are a daily happening
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Every grump old man in thread should work a shift in logistics. Even just go look at a hub.

Ill informed self important with no concept of reality or how far this country has fallen. Hey Olds- yalls policies and practices are to blame.

Like bithing about food/service at Taco bell
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a package at this very moment sitting in Atlanta for 14 days
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Yup. They suck. No wonder they constantly lose billions. Need to modernize the whole system, change entire culture, and rid all staff.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#35]
A warning to all, GET USED TO IT !  Wife an i retired from the p.o, what they have hired is why it is going to stay this way. People disappear for hours,no more test to take,and if you have ANY tint to your skin color they are off limits ! Management is afraid of them,  these fools do not want to work, our building was to cleared out every day,not anymore. This is only going to get worse and not a damn thing will be done about it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#36]
I rarely ship packages but maybe 3 times a year, so when I do I usually just go right to the post office and use the automated kiosk thing. The only problem is, every time I go in there the damn kiosk is broken. It's apparently been broken for a year or so. Ok no problem, I'll wait in line and see a cashier. Well after browsing ARFCOM for 45 minutes I only got halfway through the line! I gave up and left, went to a UPS store and used that. It ended up costing nearly $25 to ship a godamn box that should of only cost less then $10 at post office but at least I didn't have to wait in line any longer.

Godamn post office....

UPS stores suck. They try like the devil to upsell you to the most expensive shipping method and all the bells and whistles. you have to tell them "NO I don't want express I am ok with ground"  but at least they are prompt and there is no lines.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:21:53 AM EDT
[#37]
It's so bad here they are starting a Congressional investigation.

ATLANTA - Members of Georgia's congressional delegation said they have not gotten any firm answers about what's going on with the postal mail system in the region.

Rep. Mike Collins, a Republican representing Georgia's 10th District, has joined Georgia's two Democratic senators in reaching out to the United States Postal Service about the months-long dysfunction.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/usps-delays-impacting-customers-in-metro-atlanta
https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/even-congress-cant-get-answers-on-georgia-post-office-problems
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#38]
I think it's localized. USPS has been pretty good for us lately.

UPS however, has been a trainwreck. The drivers are pretty good, but the internal system is just terrible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#39]
USPS works great for me.  No problems.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Yes.  Ordered something online.  Shipped USPS Ground Advantage.  Tracking shows picked up and at USPS.  Then nothing for weeks.  Never received.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#41]
I mailed out a letter on March 11th. Somehow I left off the city. It just got returned to me yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
DEI is much more important than putting people in charge who can actually run things, according to this administration anyway.
View Quote
Yep, the objective is not delivering results, it is equality. I try not to use USPS, but they are usually the least expensive of the all the big shipping companies. BTW never send anything Priority Mail, it is faster and cheaper just to send 1st Class.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Nope. Rarely any issues with USPS, FedEx or UPS.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#44]
It appears that the mail lady broke the door off our mailbox.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#45]
I've worked where i work for 20 years and in a town of less than 1,000.  I can look out the window at the post office and in my younger days could hit the building with a baseball from my office door.  years ago they had 2 drops inside.  One for in town mail and one for out of town mail.  the postmaster would send the out of town mail off to their processing center in ft worth.  the intown mail she put in peoples boxes.  

now ALL MAIL goes to the processing center where they have people who sort it and then return to our town for the postmaster to put in boxes.  How can this make sense to anyone??

I will also say there are times when that mail will take 2-3 weeks to get back here and then put in people's boxes here.  Additionally, we do NOT have in town home delivery, so it is all put in PO boxes.  My customers occasionally  put our street address on mailings to us instead of our PO box.  Again, we have been here, across the street from the post office for over 50 years.  Instead of putting in our box (knowing it is to us) they return it which again usually takes weeks to get back to the customer so they dont know there is an issue till a month later.  

The real kick in the ass is, we are a bank.  so our late notices are sometimes being delivered weeks late to customers, their payments are late at times and sometimes returned if our street address is used.  

broken system

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#46]
My kid sold a hockey stick on sideline swap 2 weeks ago. sent it in a box.  it showed up no stick,  wet cardboard in a plastic cover with a note shirt for the damage.

I ordered simmering for my wife and it was shipped ups then to usps surepost. This week it aid stress but valud and they shipped it back.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Prior to Informed Delivery being available in our area, we were missing some mail and often went 3 - 4 days in a row with nothing in the mailbox, then suddenly it was stuffed full of mail.

We are rural. It is 80 feet from our mailbox to our front door.  She will destroy packages to avoid walking to the door.
This week the letter carrier folded up an Amazon package to get it into the mailbox.  

If you have not already, sign up for Informed Delivery.  The first week that became available in our area, the mail service improved.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#48]
the post office said I didn't sign for my package. yeah thats bc u attempted to deliver it to the mail box. I had packages take 2+ weeks on ground advantage during January.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Same. Knock on wood, all of our delivery is timely, stuff arrives (both ends) in excellent condition, and our local carrier is an awesome, hard working dude that cares.
View Quote

Same here.

If you look at the number of things that go through the system, the percentage of fuckups is very small.

But mad old guys gotta yell at clouds.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#50]
We have had medical bills that never show up and then get a collection notice as the first notification.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top