Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2024 3:33:49 PM EDT
I'm big into fitness and within the last year just got on TRT. It's worked wonders for my physical health. I've seen tons of improvements not just in the gym but with my confidence as well.

I've been doing a deep dive and discovered that hormone therapy can severely impair sperm count and function. I got my prescription from an online service and wasn't fully aware of this. I read that it's recoverable after I get off T, but now I'm interested in testing my sperm count.

Has anyone done this before? I'm not looking to have kids in the near future but I want to get a sense of how these hormones are affecting me. From a quick search I found a few options to test myself:

givelegacy.com -- this is a pricey mail-in test kit. also looks like they do freezing but I'm not too interested in this if my sperm is low.
tadpolehealth.com -- this is an affordable/rapid home test that will tell you sperm count instantly
full semen analysis from a doctor -- pretty self explanatory

I'm on a budget and can't afford to spend all that much. Wondering if anyone here has gone down this road before. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My sperm count is zero, or at least it should be, that's what I paid the urologist for.

Two kids on the first try was testing enough for me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:07:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sublimeshooter] [#2]
I got the snip yesterday, and they gave me a "Fellow" kit to use after at least 30 ejaculations and 12 weeks. It was $140 at my Urologists office.

Sperm Test kit
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:01:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I actually perform 2-3 semen analysis  or Post Vas tests a day. something that was literally tossed in my lap a few months ago and I had previous experience and the certifications to perform it.

what I am seeing as a trend, is lower ejaculatory volume and decreased counts and motility on many in a very wide range of ages ( say 29-55)and various ethnic backgrounds. I never see the men. all I have to go by is the samples.

here is what I think has happened. weight issues, nutrition, fast food, alcohol, shitty caffeine drinks and other food issues, combined with alot of men just don't stay hydrated correctly are the major players.

I do believe that TrT treatments can be detrimental in these issues as well, but I don't know the full effect.

the clot shot is also suspect.
it is very well known to have fertility issues with females in numerous ways and I see no reason for it not to affect males as well.

feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can answer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:05:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sublimeshooter:
I got the snip yesterday, and they gave me a "Fellow" kit to use after at least 30 ejaculations and 12 weeks. It was $140 at my Urologists office.

Sperm Test kit
View Quote

for Post Vas testing, that may be suitable.

for full Semen Analysis, it is not.
you need fresh semen within 30minutes to 1 hour of collection.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:25:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Strange first post, but yes.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
Strange first post, but yes.
View Quote

well it looks like he wanted to be Anonymous.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m 49, I guess my fertility is good, the 30 year old girlfriend is pregnant.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#8]
No, I simply deny women my Essence.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top