Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2024 9:36:22 AM EDT
I recently bought a pair of Underwater Kinetics Light Cannon 100 HID dive lights. One worked, but the other didn’t so I tried swapping around the fuses and bulbs trying to troubleshoot it. I unknowingly spilled the little gray catalyst pellets out and now can’t figure out how they are supposed to be placed in their slot. No matter what way I try I can’t get the light that was working to work again. I’ll try emailing the manufacturer also, but wanted to check here anyway. Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#1]
HID light? I don’t even know anyone who has one. Everyone I dive with has LED lights.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, they are a little outdated. I got a good deal on them, lol.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Plenty of these lights still out there.  My first light was a UK600..took a big arse lantern battery.
I cracked the body of my last one...its a shop light now.

You are probably aware, but don't be tempted to glue the pellets in place.  They need to be exposed completely to absorb hydrogen.

Hopefully both bulbs aren't toast.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m actually bidding on a mint condition uk 600, I like those huge old lights. I’m going to try new batteries and see if that works, the fuses look good, but I’m also going to get new ones. I’ll see what it would cost to send them in for repair or new bulbs. I found one of the fuses was blown so it very well could be the bulb. I’m half tempted to see if the new led module will fit in the body and just upgrade them.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top