Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 10:19:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#1]
Yes, I’m still on Season 1, and really like it. They do take some artistic liberties, but they disclose that.

I love what they did with the Matthew character. I could easily see him having been like that.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Watching S1 now.

It's fantastic!
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like Season 4 is fully shot and is being edited now. They are anticipating an early 2024 release, possibly in theaters again.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#4]
New trailer is out:

The Chosen: Season 4 Teaser Trailer
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 6:49:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump so thread doesn’t get archived.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#6]
How do you watch the Christmas special in theaters?
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MolonLabeFBHO:
How do you watch the Christmas special in theaters?
View Quote

They are selling tickets online.

https://www.atomtickets.com/movies/christmas-with-the-chosen-holy-night/352784
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Are there plans to carry on with the lives/teachings of the Apostles?

Anybody know?
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:

Anybody know?
View Quote

Not sure if that’s what will be made, but they have hinted that other shows will be made after The Chosen.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Anybody know?
View Quote

I have suggested on their posts that they follow up with the lives of the apostles after the crucifixion,  but not a lot of detail is known about them in this period. Most died as martyrs, John was banished to an island where he kept writing and may have wrote relevations.

Could be very interesting if they can get something together with the actors.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By rcav8r:

I have suggested on their posts that they follow up with the lives of the apostles after the crucifixion,  but not a lot of detail is known about them in this period. Most died as martyrs, John was banished to an island where he kept writing and may have wrote relevations.

Could be very interesting if they can get something together with the actors.
View Quote

It could, yes.

As long as they don't stray from what IS known, it could/would be VERY interesting.

And I recall seeing something a year or two ago with the miracles of (some of) the Apostles after the Resurrection. I can't remember what it was (or called) right now, though. In fact, when I first hear about "The Chosen", I thought that's what it was...
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#12]
New Season 4 trailer is out:

The Chosen: Season 4 Official Trailer
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Another trailer is out:

The Chosen: Season 4 "Deliver Us" Trailer
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By leib109:
Another trailer is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkobAqU1OUk
View Quote

"In theaters..."?

It's no longer going to be on the site?

Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#15]

"In theaters..."?

It's no longer going to be on the site?

View Quote

It will be after the theatrical release is done, which means mid-March or so. I don’t mind seeing it in theaters because it helps provide funds for future seasons and encourages theaters to open up more showings for decent, moral films and shows.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#16]
The wife and I just started watching this on Angel at the recommendation of one of our boys..

We are really enjoying it. I think we are mid way thought season 2.  We watch a few episodes every night or so after all our other work and things are done.

We are enjoying it, but also are dreading the inevitable crucifixion scene.  

Also, I have a problem with the way the other Rabi or Pharisees treat Jesus. Not the show, but in general.  If they were so wise, they should have recognized he was the Messiah and the "son of man"...  

Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By smullen:
The wife and I just started watching this on Angel at the recommendation of one of our boys..

We are really enjoying it. I think we are mid way thought season 2.  We watch a few episodes every night or so after all our other work and things are done.

We are enjoying it, but also are dreading the inevitable crucifixion scene.  

Also, I have a problem with the way the other Rabi or Pharisees treat Jesus. Not the show, but in general.  If they were so wise, they should have recognized he was the Messiah and the "son of man"...  

View Quote

The problem was that they were expecting a warrior leader to free them from the Roman's, nor were they expecting him to be in plain human form.
You'll see some of the attitudes start changing as you continue to watch.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Saw the new episodes in theaters last night. I need to sit with them for a bit, but there were some creative choices that I wasn’t sure I agreed with.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:33:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: smullen] [#19]
Saw the new episodes in theaters last night. I need to sit with them for a bit, but there were some creative choices that I wasn't sure I agreed with.
View Quote

I am looking forward to seeing the rest...

I think I'm going to cancel one of my other streaming services and pay for Angel...

We have already made a donation or two...
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#20]

I think I'm going to cancel one of my other streaming services and pay for Angel...

View Quote

They are good episodes, they just have a darker tone and there was a particular event that I don’t know if I liked for creative reasons (not theological ones). You’ll know the moment when you see it. We will have to see where it goes in the rest of the season. I think I have an idea as to a larger biblical narrative, but I’m not sure yet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#21]
They were hinting that things were going to get serious in season 4.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#22]
We’re on season 2.  It’s been very good so far.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Finally got to see Episodes 4-6 in theaters. I liked these a lot more than 1-3. Lots of biblical moments.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Finally got to see Episodes 4-6 in theaters. I liked these a lot more than 1-3. Lots of biblical moments.
View Quote

I'm planning to go today.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Episode 4 was great, but the next 2 were a bit talky for me, should have requested a captioning device or something.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:14:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#26]
This is a really good interview with Allen Parr (good YouTuber by the way) and Dallas Jenkins. Of particular note is the answers Dallas has to some of the criticisms, such as the LDS controversy. After hearing his answers, I feel a lot better about the show and his status as showrunner. That particular segment of the interview starts at about 52 minutes:

Dallas Jenkins Defends Criticisms of The Chosen and Gives A Sneak Peak of Future Seasons
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I need to check  this out
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Got to see the season finale. I loved it except for one part that really irked me. I figured it won’t really give away any of the plot, so no spoilers.

At one point, Jesus is telling the parable of the sheep and goats. When he begins speaking Matthew 25:41, he says “depart from me” but omits “you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.” There is a certain reticence of the writers to avoid the topic of Hell, and it comes off as seeker-sensitive and watering down the words of Christ in order not to offend those who might be turned off by the reality of what Christ actually said. It’s one of the show’s biggest issues IMO.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 2:27:11 PM EDT
[#29]

They are good episodes, they just have a darker tone and there was a particular event that I don’t know if I liked for creative reasons (not theological ones). You’ll know the moment when you see it. We will have to see where it goes in the rest of the season. I think I have an idea as to a larger biblical narrative, but I’m not sure yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I didn't like that at all.  It left people without an answer and blaming Jesus.

It's a way to convey what every christian will encounter at some point: why is this happening to me or whoever but not someone else?

They should've just had that person disappear into the woodwork on a journey or whatever.  Or at least not have it end right there without explanation or anything.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:38:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Seems like Season 4’s release on streaming has been delayed due to unspecified legal entanglements.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#31]
just getting in to season 2
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Seems like Season 4’s release on streaming has been delayed due to unspecified legal entanglements.
View Quote

Did Dallas ever get into any kind of details? I stopped watching his video after several minutes of his talking in circles.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:58:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Did Dallas ever get into any kind of details? I stopped watching his video after several minutes of his talking in circles.
View Quote

No. He doesn’t appear to be at liberty to say. My guess is that they have some legal dispute with their former distributor, Angel Studios.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:33:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I watched the Livestream until king and country came on.

They expect streaming and DVD release in 4-7 weeks for season 4.

Chosencon is September 20-21, location not announced yet, but tickets go on sale early May.

Don't forget 5-2 day!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I watched the Livestream until king and country came on.

They expect streaming and DVD release in 4-7 weeks for season 4.

Chosencon is September 20-21, location not announced yet, but tickets go on sale early May.

Don't forget 5-2 day!
View Quote

That’s not as long of a wait time as I thought. I guess arbitration is going well. Meanwhile, filming for Season 5 is underway.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:02:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I suspect the con may be in Utah near the site, again, as Dallas mentioned he won't be there but might pop in now and then.
That tells me he might still be working on season 5 for release, marketing, etc.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top