Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2024 4:25:27 PM EDT
I was approached by a Knight after Mass and he asked if I ever considered joining. I’ve seen them around and know they have multiple fundraising events throughout the year for the parish.

I’d like to get back into volunteering but I don’t know if this is for me. I’ve got a young family so I can’t invest a lot of time at meetings. I was just curious if anyone had experience with the group.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:36:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: radtrad] [#1]
I was (and I guess I still am) under the impression that all these organizations like Knights of Columbus, elks, moose, shriners, etc are just some sort of offshoot of freemasonry.  All just a bunch of seemingly nice groups that suck you in and then you suddenly find yourself in some sort of satanic ritual.  If I ever decide I want to do nice things, I'll just start doing nice things.  I don't need a bunch guys with secret handshakes and goofy costumes to do it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:55:08 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a papal ban in the Catholic Church against being a Mason. I believe the punishment is excommunication. The KoC are not and never have been connected with Freemasonry. They are a service organization that was originally created to help Catholic families in the US financially due to past discrimination and loss of jobs due to being Catholic. I am a fairly new member, but I have not been able to participate due to my involvement with a RCIA class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top