Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2023 12:52:44 AM EDT
Just sampled batch 36, bottle 378, and it was simply the most horrid dram I’ve ever had.  Absolutely disgusting…moldy bread and gym socks.

It’s clearly young spirit, they’ve only been around 3 years or so.  Age statement says “at least 1 year” so I’m assuming accelerated aging in small casks.  That shoulda been my first warning, but my cousin recommended them so I figured what the hell…

Normal pours around here are things like Eagle Rare 10, OGD bonded, EW bonded, Makers and Makers 46, Knob Creek, Buffalo Trace, Jefferson’s…so I do know what good bourbon is.

Anyhow, just wondered if anyone else had experience with them, good or bad?

Cheers,
Dave
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 9:18:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CCHGN] [#1]
Hmmm, IDK, seems hockiedave,,,,JK    Did you know that Bourbon is just charred 'shine?  

So what do ya reckon, makes a good bourbon?
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, a friend gave me a bottle of batch 21 as a gift.  I agree, it's pretty terrible.  Sounds like it hasn't improved any.

Link Posted: 12/10/2023 8:19:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thumper_abn] [#3]
I tried it at the ABC store. Wasn’t impressed. Seems very young.
I did buy a bottle of their Soldier’s Cut.
There is a portion that goes to the Gold Star Families so I felt like it was worth the risk.
It mixed ok but wasn’t great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top