Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2023 10:32:26 AM EDT
Can Marines buy ACOGs, PMAGs, AR bolts/BUIS, ammo, etc. for personal use at a stateside PX?

Helping my grandson build his first personal AR when he comes home on leave.  Trying to make a plan for him to finish off optic, spare parts, add-ons, etc. on his own.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends where at.  Bx here has accessories(optics, mags, buis, magpul things), no spare builds parts.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends. I've seen PMags, Magpul Buis, grips, ACOGs, etc sold in the BX on AF bases. Haven't seen lower parts kits or other AR parts beyond accessories.

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:44:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Depends on the state and location. Quantico has a gun section and so does fort belvoir.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#4]
It seems like more and more USAF BXs are getting gun counters, and most sell at least accessories like mags, some holsters, and some optics. I've never seen parts (like lower parts kits), though, and selection and inventory varies wildly by location.

I know AAFES gets their firearms through a single distributor, and they have limited choice in what guns they can stock. Not sure if it is the same for accessories.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Most PXs have magazines, magpul accessories, some optics from ACOGS, holosuns, EOTECH, and then a few budget options. They also usually have a few different sling options and holsters. They don't have AR parts, but I do remember some of them having AR parts about 10 years ago which was triggers and BCGs. They are not great deals and you will find better prices from a place like Primary Arms. Sometimes you can get some good gun deals like my Rossi R92 in .44mag for $450 on sale.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
You can buy Magpul online from aafes, but not the cheapest place.

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BIGSHOOTER414:
Depends where at.  Bx here has accessories(optics, mags, buis, magpul things), no spare builds parts.
View Quote

This. Every main exchange. Prices usually not great but no sales tax. Occasionally they have good buys on optics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top