User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/25/2024 11:17:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2978018/arizona-democratic-gov-katie-hobbs-vetoes-bill-cracking-down-on-squatters/

Arizona Democratic Gov. Katie Hobbs vetoes bill cracking down on squatters

Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs (D) vetoed legislation that garnered bipartisan support and would strengthen property owners' rights, making it easier for them to evict squatters.

The bill, SB 1129, would allow for a homeowner to call law enforcement to immediately remove a squatter from their home. Under current law, police officers do not possess the authority to remove someone illegally residing in one's home, leading to a costly legal battle for homeowners experiencing this issue.

But Hobbs vetoed the bill, claiming in a letter that it "fails to leverage existing legal mechanisms, respect the due process rights of lawful tenants, and minimize unintended consequences such as for victims of domestic violence."

However, sponsor state Sen. Wendy Rogers said the bill had exemptions for family members, those who agreed to cohabitate and didn't interfere with landlord-tenant law.

"Although we have trespassing laws, it's often difficult to prove a person is unlawfully occupying a home and can result in a lengthy legal battle," Rogers said.

The bill's veto comes following Republican-led states such as Florida and Georgia passing legislation cracking down on so-called "squatter's rights."

During committee hearings, homeowners testified how squatters caused severe damage to their property, leading to high repair costs. State Sen. Justine Wadsack shared that when she worked as a realtor, she encountered a squatter at a home that she was showing to a client.

"It was a terrifying threat to my safety, the safety of my clients, as well as to the homeowners," Wadsack said. "When I called the police, I was told there was not much they could do. It's a shame Governor Katie Hobbs has vetoed yet another piece of commonsense bipartisan legislation."

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis slammed Hobbs' veto.

"The governor of Arizona just vetoed a bill we signed here in Florida so these squatters could be evicted,"  DeSantis said. "What kind of message does that send? You're saying you can squat in someone's house and then they basically have to go through a six-month process."

Including SB 1129, Hobbs vetoed a total of ten measures on Tuesday. So far, this legislative session she has vetoed 52 bills. Last year, she issued a total of 143 vetoes, surpassing the single-year record of former Gov. Janet Napolitano.

View Quote

Words can't adequately express my anger at this. "Squatter's rights" is the biggest misnomer ever applied and one of the worst abuses of our legal system perpetrated upon the average American citizen. It grossly undermines our system of property rights that you can easily equate it with rape. The gall of this woman to insist that this infringes on lawful tenants is absurd. I truly hope that the people of AZ get some relief and they override the veto or kick this woman out of office.
View Quote
Its like Hobbs is another leftist whore...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:23:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NDHojo] [#2]
Katie Hobbs hates Arizona and it's residents. She's been resentful for years the machine kept her there. You think she's a bitch now you should of seen her in highschool. She was moving to California and become famous and had no use for AZ.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#3]
She's an insufferable cunt.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:33:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dano556x45mm] [#4]
That bitch has been a traitor since day 1

AZ militia be like derp a derp what traitor derp a derp lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:35:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#5]
How in this of all nation’s legal system the concept of “squatter’s rights” ever evolved in the first place is utterly baffling to me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone go squat at the Arizona Governor’s mansion.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Born in Phoenix and educated at Northern Arizona University and Arizona State University, Katie Hobbs is yet another carpet bagging Californian destroying Arizona.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:39:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Whoever is running for office in Arizona should lead with this in every ad.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:41:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
Someone go squat at the Arizona Governor’s mansion.
View Quote

Been saying that about the libs in California for some time now.

They want “free everything” for illegal aliens?

Bus ‘em all into their elite neighborhoods and gated communities and drop ‘em off on their lawns.

Cuz sometimes you have to “feel” a problem to understand it.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Installed obedient communist lackey. What else did you expect? Integrity?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like she's doing the job she's been paid for.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By PatHenry79:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Well she is done. This is a lightning rod for free and clear crime waves without consequences.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By azjeeper:
View Quote

Vapid

Jay
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:09:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#15]
Squatters should be considered home invaders and shot
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck squatters and double fuck those that support them.

Quadruple fuck with a syphilitic elephant dick government that supports them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:10:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IT_Cowboy] [#17]
She was Sec. of State during the election and knew she didn't need to debate anyone because why do that when you are the one counting the votes. The dumbass Caltards here will elect her again though. The bill she vetoed had language in it for family exceptions and what not and had nothing to do with current legal rights.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:10:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: S58DRIVER] [#18]
Meanwhile in FL..DeSantis just signed a new anti squatter law into effect while our Sherriff goes on TV and plays that vid of that Venezuelan dude telling all his buddies to come to the US to "steal" houses. Then issues  a warning, Florida people will blow your brains out..😄
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Stolen elections have consequences.  

Imagine that.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Squatters?

Choot 'em 'Lizabeth!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:16:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Happy marriage

Jumbo shrimp

Military intelligence

Squatters’ rights
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Katie Hobbs is a cunt and a fraud.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

I refuse to believe she was legitimately elected.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like AZ got the dem they voted for.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:32:21 PM EDT
[#27]
This is how vigilante justice starts.  And I would not convict.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dorobuta:

You and me both.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#29]
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2978018/arizona-democratic-gov-katie-hobbs-vetoes-bill-cracking-down-on-squatters/

Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs (D) vetoed legislation that garnered bipartisan support and would strengthen property owners' rights, making it easier for them to evict squatters.

The bill, SB 1129, would allow for a homeowner to call law enforcement to immediately remove a squatter from their home. Under current law, police officers do not possess the authority to remove someone illegally residing in one's home, leading to a costly legal battle for homeowners experiencing this issue.

But Hobbs vetoed the bill, claiming in a letter that it "fails to leverage existing legal mechanisms, respect the due process rights of lawful tenants, and minimize unintended consequences such as for victims of domestic violence."

However, sponsor state Sen. Wendy Rogers said the bill had exemptions for family members, those who agreed to cohabitate and didn't interfere with landlord-tenant law.

"Although we have trespassing laws, it's often difficult to prove a person is unlawfully occupying a home and can result in a lengthy legal battle," Rogers said.

The bill's veto comes following Republican-led states such as Florida and Georgia passing legislation cracking down on so-called "squatter's rights."

During committee hearings, homeowners testified how squatters caused severe damage to their property, leading to high repair costs. State Sen. Justine Wadsack shared that when she worked as a realtor, she encountered a squatter at a home that she was showing to a client.

"It was a terrifying threat to my safety, the safety of my clients, as well as to the homeowners," Wadsack said. "When I called the police, I was told there was not much they could do. It's a shame Governor Katie Hobbs has vetoed yet another piece of commonsense bipartisan legislation."

"The governor of Arizona just vetoed a bill we signed here in Florida so these squatters could be evicted,"  DeSantis said. "What kind of message does that send? You're saying you can squat in someone's house and then they basically have to go through a six-month process."

Including SB 1129, Hobbs vetoed a total of ten measures on Tuesday. So far, this legislative session she has vetoed 52 bills. Last year, she issued a total of 143 vetoes, surpassing the single-year record of former Gov. Janet Napolitano.

View Quote

Words can't adequately express my anger at this. "Squatter's rights" is the biggest misnomer ever applied and one of the worst abuses of our legal system perpetrated upon the average American citizen. It grossly undermines our system of property rights that you can easily equate it with rape. The gall of this woman to insist that this infringes on lawful tenants is absurd. I truly hope that the people of AZ get some relief and they override the veto or kick this woman out of office.
View Quote

stolen elections have consequences. this is all the fault of the corrupt mccain/KTR wing of the AZ GOP
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
Fuck squatters and double fuck those that support them.

Quadruple fuck with a syphilitic elephant dick government that supports them.
View Quote

Amen!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Bud:
Stolen elections have consequences.  

Imagine that.  
View Quote

While there were shenanigans, not 100% of eligible voters cast a ballot.  If someone sat at home and cried, enjoy the non-lube.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Does AZ have enough votes in the legislator to override the veto?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By PatHenry79:
View Quote

It’s not the first time. That cunt Janet Napolitano was part of Clinton’s politicizing US Attorneys. The left is strategic as Satan and plays the long game. Gov. Napolitano in her prior role as US Attorney prosecuted some fraudsters stealing old retirees money and with good lapdog press her knee jerk election was a shoe in. Of course the Republican opponents were also pretty lame.

Installation is more of a tilted table.  But in the aggregate it works. Not so much a conspiracy as a consensus in key cultural institutions.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Sounds like someone needs to go squat in her house for 6 months to a year…
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
View Quote
Let me correct that for you.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:
Does AZ have enough votes in the legislator to override the veto?
View Quote

The news described it as a “bipartisan bill”.  It had some democrat support. I doubt the Democrat party will let its droids overcome her veto.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Death to squatters
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ZF-1:
View Quote

She wasn’t elected.  She refused to campaign, actively ran away from reporters, refused to debate (but did a “debate” interview on PBS she was told by CCEC was not allowed), and didn’t recuse herself from an election she was in charge of and running in.  

She’s vetoed almost everything that came across her desk.  

She’s an absolute piece of shit.  Her husband is a doctor that helps children with transgender transitions.  Evil.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I can only hope some squatters do the same in her home and she has a tough time evicting them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#40]
If it really has "bipartisan support", override her fucking veto.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#41]
One Way Out (Live At Fillmore East, June 27, 1971)
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

I wouldn’t say that but I wouldn’t argue with you.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Arizona has had three stolen elections in a row.

This is the end result. We are now a joke of a state.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:04:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 6gunfighter2:

Been saying that about the libs in California for some time now.

They want “free everything” for illegal aliens?

Bus ‘em all into their elite neighborhoods and gated communities and drop ‘em off on their lawns.

Cuz sometimes you have to “feel” a problem to understand it.

View Quote

Marthahhhs Vineyard agrees
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Just another useful idiot doing the bidding of her Democrat masters.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a way to deal with squatters but it is not CoC compliant.

Also, FKH.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By RHR_12:

She wasn’t elected.  She refused to campaign, actively ran away from reporters, refused to debate (but did a “debate” interview on PBS she was told by CCEC was not allowed), and didn’t recuse herself from an election she was in charge of and running in.  

She’s an absolute piece of shit.  Her husband is a doctor that helps children with transgender transitions.  Evil.
View Quote

Yes, and Democrats run her for office, and they run stroke victims, and they run people that are senile...........and win elections.

Not exactly sure what that says about US elections but it paints kind of an ugly picture.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZF-1:

Her and her husband are total satanic filth.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:34:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#50]
I wonder how long she would tolerate some squatters living in the governor's mansion

eta: beat
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top