Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2023 5:57:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Withdraw it from a legit bank account and keep the receipt and money together. Keep the bills you'd use for daily stuff separate.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 6:04:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kskvetski] [#2]
Maybe he was on a known drug affiliate watchlist.

Atlanta is a world class shithole of an airport. WORLD class. I strongly suspect he was on their radar and it wasn’t random. Who knows if they TSA didn’t pickup on some sort of drug residue or something not mentioned in the article.

Someone having millions of dollars cash, inside the Atlanta airport strikes me as MIGHTY suspect. I think this may have been reasonable.

Ahh, Atlanta, the only airport I have ever been inside of where I had street hustlers begging me for money INSIDE the airport. They also had a guard 3 floors up with a mag vest, a decked out supressed AR mid morning. Such a nice place. If I never go back it’s too soon.

Edit. I can’t read. He didn’t have millions of cash, they have seized millions in cash.

They should not have taken his money.

Link Posted: 10/25/2023 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy cow.

Law enforcement in the task force, which includes U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration agents and Clayton County Police, walk gate to gate at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and, without warrants, search travelers bags for drugs, according to Atlanta News First. But the task force rarely finds drugs and instead seizes wads of cash without making arrests, the local outlet reported.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 6:29:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: prebans] [#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Thieves cloaked in governmental immunity
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SideCarGT:
Thieves cloaked in governmental immunity
View Quote

So. Government.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#7]
This has to be changed.  There needs to be some sort of evidence they are engaged in criminal activities before taking their money,  

I only travel once a year now but it is for a 2 month visit to Thailand.  I always carry about $5,000 in hundreds.  Hey, I don't like paying ATM fees and usually get better exchange rates with cash.

Link Posted: 10/28/2023 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why I have a bank account with a bank that has thousands and thousands of branches across USA.

Would never carry large cash in any place with search level security.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe this type of drug/cash profiling started at the old Atlanta airport, by a DEA agent named Marconi (unsure of spelling).  I worked at the new and old airport.  The old airport in 1979.  Was at current airport from 1998 till I got booted from there in 2000.  Glad to get out.  I think Clayton county got out of some drug task force over a disagreement about splitting seized money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top