Page / 73
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#1]
TV said so. Gotta be 100% truth.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Brutality doesn't necessarily win wars either. The spetznaz did many horrible things in Afghanistan with nothing to show for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

When we started thinking like that is when we started losing wars.
Brutality doesn't necessarily win wars either. The spetznaz did many horrible things in Afghanistan with nothing to show for it.

Atlanta, Bremen, and Yokohama are obvious counterpoint. Populations are strategic assets, and the will to fight is a strategic target.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:

Engage the Simpson Option®!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Originally Posted By midmo:
Yikes

'Nothing would remain': Iran's president vows to completely destroy Israel if it launches ‘tiniest invasion’

Iran’s president has vowed to completely destroy Israel, should it proceed with even the "tiniest invasion" of its country.

President Ebrahim Raisi spoke Wednesday at an annual army parade warning Israel of a "massive and harsh" response, as the country braces for potential Israeli retaliation after Iran’s missile and drone attack over the weekend.

Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at Israel on Saturday in response to an apparent strike on Iran’s embassy compound in Syria on April 1 that killed 12 people, including two Iranian generals. Iran blames Israel for the attack, although Israel has not claimed any involvement.

Raisi said Saturday’s attack was a limited one, and that if Iran was provoked to carry out a bigger attack, "nothing would remain from the Zionist regime," the official IRNA news agency reported.

I know there is a lot of sabre rattling with these things, but they're getting into statements it's hard to back down from.  This sounds like a really good way to provoke a preemptive strike.  

Nothing would remain of Iran either.............

Engage the Simpson Option®!!

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The enemy isn't Persian grandmas that fondly remember the pre revolution days. It's a waste of resources anyway. They should be focused on destroying Iran's ability to strike back, not random suburbs.
View All Quotes

It isn't one or the other. Play to win. The destruction of the enemy nation is the goal.
ETA no conflict is without brutality. It is what conflict is.
The enemy isn't Persian grandmas that fondly remember the pre revolution days. It's a waste of resources anyway. They should be focused on destroying Iran's ability to strike back, not random suburbs.

That’s the talk that loses wars sorry.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]

That's the talk that loses wars sorry.
View Quote
How does bombing a parade win the war?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

It’s not going to win a war by itself but it would have a few benefits such as removal of much of the higher echelons of their chain of command as they will be in attendance along with removing a good portion of their “fancier” weapons platforms as well. It would also take out a decent amount of the political class possibly opening the door for a change there as well (even though not that likely). The question is would Israel be able to shrug off the wailing from Biden and the rest when their favorite little terror group gets bitch slapped.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

Well...

If the center of gravity of the adversary is their pride, and a component/requirement/vulnerability of that being the people's sense of security...
View Quote
I don't know how secure the average Iranian feels now, but it doesn't matter and isn't worth continuing to go back and forth on. Realistically, the IDF is not going to be prioritizing civilian casualties. As I said earlier, they're going to be focused on their capability to shoot back. If Iran declares a proper war, Israel's going to take incoming from them and all of their proxies, and they need to neutralize as much of that as possible beforehand.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Did any civilians even attend the parade? What kind of fool would do so given the current situation?

I would be as far away as I could be from that deal. And from military bases, nuclear facilities etc.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
Did any civilians even attend the parade? What kind of fool would do so given the current situation?

I would be as far away as I could be from that deal. And from military bases, nuclear facilities etc.
View Quote

They were made an offer they couldn't refuse.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#12]

"No More Half Measures, Walter" | Half Measures | Breaking Bad
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#13]
This thread is going to be in the archives before Israel does anything
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Elijah1:
View Quote

Maybe they were talked down because everyone knew it would start a world war?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:24:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Scar811:

View Quote
Nah they just delayed it again. People were pretty impatient with the Hamas response too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Nah they just delayed it again. People were pretty impatient with the Hamas response too.
View All Quotes

I hope so. Might be silly to say seeing as how it does tinker with nuclear possibilities in the long run, but something in me wants to see things unfold…don’t know why.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

I think that with the size of Iran’s attack on Saturday, they are wanting a war.  I can’t think of any other reason they would do such a large attack other than them wanting a war with Israel.  The only reason it wasn’t extremely devastating was due to the excellent capabilities of US/allied and Israeli air defenses.

With that being said, if Iran wants a war, they’ll do something else extremely escalatory in the near future.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

I think that with the size of Iran’s attack on Saturday, they are wanting a war.  I can’t think of any other reason they would do such a large attack other than them wanting a war with Israel.  The only reason it wasn’t extremely devastating was due to the excellent capabilities of US/allied and Israeli air defenses.

With that being said, if Iran wants a war, they’ll do something else extremely escalatory in the near future.
View Quote

I think this could be one of the scenarios thats happening.  There are coordinated propaganda campaigns going on against Isreal already.  In the psst they have waited and after several events and then saud look we waited and it continued and it was only after repeated attacks that we took action.  Of course this was in a pre October 7th world.  

Isreal has to have some idea of Iran's capabilities for nuclear and WMD strikes or retaliation.  The question is are they waiting because they think Iran is not as powerful as they claim and they can bait them into a major error, or do they know the time to attack Iran without fear of a nuclear or WMD response passed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Well...

If the center of gravity of the adversary is their pride, and a component/requirement/vulnerability of that being the people's sense of security...
View All Quotes

That's the talk that loses wars sorry.

Well...

And all of the leadership is present at said parade
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I suspect that some large expensive aircraft/ship/facility that Iran only has one of will be accidently lost in a fire.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By floridacop:

I think this could be one of the scenarios thats happening.  There are coordinated propaganda campaigns going on against Isreal already.  In the psst they have waited and after several events and then saud look we waited and it continued and it was only after repeated attacks that we took action.  Of course this was in a pre October 7th world.  

Isreal has to have some idea of Iran's capabilities for nuclear and WMD strikes or retaliation.  The question is are they waiting because they think Iran is not as powerful as they claim and they can bait them into a major error, or do they know the time to attack Iran without fear of a nuclear or WMD response passed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By floridacop:

What if irans plan is to bait Israel into retaliating which will eventually drag the USA into the battle which will drag Russia into the war. Which is the ultimate goal.  Get Russia and the USA to fight eachother and Iran goes after Israel.  While we can’t help them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#24]
The more time to plan is better.  Not just the response, but also what happens after.  Israel is very good at making sure their response will be effective and still be able to defend itself and still be able to move forward afterwards.  Unlike Hamas and now apparently Iran, who spend all their time talking up big hate filled genocidal plans and then cobbling together whatever they can and just sending it….
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:42:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tyvar] [#25]
View Quote

The problem is the Spetznaz went in and did basically terrorist shit trying to inspire fear, which just pisses people off.

The kind of "brutality" that works is the kind that identifies a extreme problem zone and decides to level every village in that zone from 40,000 feet regardless of who or what is in said village, and round up the survivors and put them in concentration camps.

The "rounding all the women children and elderly up and putting them into camps" won both boer war and the Malay emergency. It's not so coincidentally how we ended the Indian wars.  

I'll be honest, the only war crimes I believe in are starting a war, after that whatever happens is on the party that started shit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes

There are two main reasons Israel is holding back:  Their government is still divided as to the best way to respond, and the real concern that the Biden Administration might not help them fight off an Iranian response in the event Israel hits Iran.

In any case, the longer they wait the more it will appear to the Muslim world that Iran has won.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:35:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By cowboy:
Is the chair against the wall tonight?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61763/IMG_0317-3190820.png
View Quote

FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD Gay mans briefs Michelle Obama is a man
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

There will be no world war if Iran's terrorist regime is wiped off.
It'll be the opposite, ME and world peace for a long time after the mullahs are gone.

The catch is Iran has lots of proxy terrorist groups all over, so the initial war will be fought outside Iran too. But those proxies are easy target practice.

Iran sells cheap oil to China, but that won't be much of a problem either. There's lots of suppliers to cover China's needs. China won't start a war over it, they are intelligent people.
And Russia (Iranian regime supporter from the start) is too busy to start another front to protect a bunch of savages who are ruling Iran now.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BM1455:
View Quote

That means it’s coming this week.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

The waited 6 months to whack that General last week. They're patient and rats aren't dumb.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:29:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alpinist] [#32]

View Quote

Well, one thing is true. There are 5 KC-135Rs flying out of the UK around Africa. I haven’t seen that before…
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:32:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Alpinist:

Well, one thing is true. There are 5 KC-135Rs flying out of the UK around Africa. I haven’t seen that before…
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/328900/IMG_2483_jpeg-3190906.JPG
View Quote

Yeah, there's a guy who insists that those tankers and all the Skymaster EAMs mean that we just launched on Iran.

EMERGENCY ALERT!! U.S. NUCLEAR FORCES AT DEFCON 2!! SKYMASTER MESSAGES GOING OUT!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:37:47 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

If the Israelis do nothing, it will embolden the Iranians to strike again.  But a larger attack. Then the Israelis will retaliate in a big way.

Either way, it's going to happen. The Israelis are not going to take the blows and do nothing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:53:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Yeah, there's a guy who insists that those tankers and all the Skymaster EAMs mean that we just launched on Iran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-9GQCeN6SQ
View Quote

Yeah that dude is a tard lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:23:16 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I thought those were called Sky King, not Sky Master.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:10:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Well...

View Quote

Nail hit squarely.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:43:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:
View Quote

The Israelis have fired on Iranian ships in the past.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Pretty crappy picture of damage to IAF base.
Satellite image shows damage from Iranian ballistic missile strike on Israeli air base

A satellite image taken on Sunday morning shows the damage caused by a ballistic missile that hit a strategic air base in Israel's south after Iran launched its first-ever direct assault on the country, which also included drones and cruise missiles.

The photo, taken by Planet Labs hours after Iran's attack against Israel, shows damage to a taxiway in the southern part of the Nevatim Air Base, near the transport squadron and its C-130s.

"There were a total of four hits," IDF Spokesperson Daniel Hagari said, "One landed near a runway, two in open areas and one near a building that is still under construction, causing minor damage to it. The base functioned throughout the attack," he added.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By michigan66:
Satellite image shows damage from Iranian ballistic missile strike on Israeli air base
https://img.haarets.co.il/bs/0000018e-ece4-dd51-a79e-fef5694a0001/64/90/13e776054ca593bfe4de0e356071/image-1.png?precrop=975,631,x0,y0&height=453&width=700

View Quote

Would it not be prudent to disperse the aircraft a bit rather than leave them wing tip to wing tip when a missile attack is expected?  (assuming photo is real).
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

They should bomb it in port.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Israel should sink the ship while it’s in port.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:53:47 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Sky King...Sky King..Do not answer. The only Alaska ground stop I am aware of was Alaska Airlines that had a system malfunction so they had to do a ground stop. That guy sounds like he's full of BS.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By couchlord:

Would it not be prudent to disperse the aircraft a bit rather than leave them wing tip to wing tip when a missile attack is expected?  (assuming photo is real).
View Quote

Not sure what’s going on with that pic, it might be post-attack imagery and the planes were brought out from their PAS’.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#46]
https://img.haarets.co.il/bs/0000018e-ece4-dd51-a79e-fef5694a0001/64/90/13e776054ca593bfe4de0e356071/image-1.png?precrop=975,631,x0,y0&height=453&width=700

View Quote

LOL taxiway
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Element94:

LOL taxiway
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Element94:

LOL taxiway

Kinda what I was thinking. If they fired over 300 missiles and that's all there is to show for it, well that should be kind of embarrassing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By WoodHeat:

I thought those were called Sky King, not Sky Master.

View Quote

Sky Gavin
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:04:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#50]
Some shit's happening.

Page / 73
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top