Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 19
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CMiller:

I'm no expert but my understanding is any access to classified information is at the discretion of the current President, and Biden made it clear immediately after he entered the office that he considered Trump a security risk and would not be giving him access to anything classified.  I don't think it's considered a blanket security clearance like with any government employee.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By midmo:
Originally Posted By R0N:

Here's a question for you--what process did Trump go through to secure his Q clearance?

Constitutional powers vested in the office, POTUS is the OCA for all material and classification authority stem from his office.

Okay, so we agree that any security clearance is derived from his position as president. Now why would that (automatically) follow him out of the office?

If the only process he went through to gain his clearance was getting elected president, then he would lose it once he is no longer president, correct?

He still has intimate knowledge of privileged information and national security secrets.  That doesn't get flushed from your head when you leave the job.  I don't know if SOP is to retain a clearance or not, but it should be.

I'm no expert but my understanding is any access to classified information is at the discretion of the current President, and Biden made it clear immediately after he entered the office that he considered Trump a security risk and would not be giving him access to anything classified.  I don't think it's considered a blanket security clearance like with any government employee.

He can't suck the information back out of Trump's head.  Any classified info Trump had access to during his presidency is potentially stashed in his brain, forevermore, indelible in the hippocampus.  All we're arguing about here are hardcopies.

We don't classify documents, we classify information.  Once he's had access to that information, you can't take it back... and to argue that somehow you can is just ridiculous.  The question then is whether he had the authority to retain hard copies of information he was already in possession of.  There's legit because hardcopies can potentially fall into unqualified hands and become a leak - but so could verbal recollections of sensitive info at inappropriate times.  Biden's a hell of lot more of a risk of that than Trump.

But at the end of the day it's all bullshit anyway and the only thing that is going to matter is who can get away with what.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ceetee:

Imagine some douchebag at the Department of Motor Vehicles suspending your driver's license... retroactively to 2021.

And then the cops show up at your door with 1095 citations for driving on a suspended license...
View Quote

Hey now, the only corruption that’s allowed around here is corruption to target Trump.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BB:
You know if you guys just stopped responding to CMiller he would probably just go away at least until he recycles himself into some new account. It’s not worth the effort and it’s not going to result in anything but wasted time.
View Quote

Influencers engage and try to build consensus - notice the "we agree on " . Then the obfuscation, thread shifting and being overall obtuse .
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Yes, a memo from 2023 confirming that his clearance expired the day he left office.
View Quote

iirc, it was Biden that revoked Trump's classification clearance
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#5]

It’s extremely likely when Trump received his Q clearance it was explicitly stated it was good until the day he left office.

Just because it sounds like the system wasn’t updated when he left office, doesn’t change that.

There are Air Force systems that don’t have my correct rank or duty title, as they are outdated. It doesn’t make it true though.
View Quote

Did you seriously try to make an argument based on something you want to exist? GTFO with that bs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:57:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prezboi44] [#6]

So I just finished skimming all 315 pages, and didn’t find a single thing even remotely related to the thread title about the WH manufacturing anything. Perhaps you can point me to some of the specific pages?  I did find the DOE memo you might have been referencing. Care to read aloud the first paragraph for the class?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430926/IMG_0985-3197004.png
View Quote

I find this document strange. Presidents don't hold clearances by virtue of their election to office. As elected officials, how would you have an unelected bureaucrat deciding access over the top elected official, least of all the CICAF. Many in the WH hold an SSB with a Yankee White clearance. NSC also.

Where am I going wrong?  I get you probably don't want a president to have the NOC list, but with the PDB, an "Agency" is going to withhold information of national security based on a clearance, because that's the exact situation they could be put in??

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2016/07/25/kind-security-clearance-president-get/
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Nope.

The Q clearance granted to Donald J. Trump on Feb 9, 2017, terminated, by the conditions of the original grant, upon completion of Mr. Trump’s term as President of the United States at 12:00 PM on January 20, 2021.

Trump didn’t have a clearance. Some minion just forgot to update the system.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Smokey0844:

So they retroactively revoked his clearance in 2023. Up until that point it was still active. That’s what you posted right.

Nope.

The Q clearance granted to Donald J. Trump on Feb 9, 2017, terminated, by the conditions of the original grant, upon completion of Mr. Trump’s term as President of the United States at 12:00 PM on January 20, 2021.

Trump didn’t have a clearance. Some minion just forgot to update the system.

It's so stupid I am trying to figure out if I'm missing something.

Yet nobody making all these outrageous claims in MAGA Media will pay any price at all for once again getting everybody riled up over a fake narrative/claims.  In fact, the opposite is true--they will financially benefit from the reaction to their fake news.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Did you seriously try to make an argument based on something you want to exist? GTFO with that bs.
View Quote

What do you think “by the conditions of the original grant” means?

Because to me, it is stating very clearly that when Trump was inaugurated he received his Q clearance, and it was to expire on the day he left office.

Do you interpret that differently?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Okay, so we agree that any security clearance is derived from his position as president. Now why would that (automatically) follow him out of the office?

If the only process he went through to gain his clearance was getting elected president, then he would lose it once he is no longer president, correct?
View All Quotes

Here's a question for you--what process did Trump go through to secure his Q clearance?

Constitutional powers vested in the office, POTUS is the OCA for all material and classification authority stem from his office.

You can’t return all the documents in an instant. Did you miss the part where it was originally determined that he was following the process as expected?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Imagine some douchebag at the Department of Motor Vehicles suspending your driver's license... retroactively to 2021.

And then the cops show up at your door with 1095 citations for driving on a suspended license...
View All Quotes

So I just finished skimming all 315 pages, and didn’t find a single thing even remotely related to the thread title about the WH manufacturing anything. Perhaps you can point me to some of the specific pages?  I did find the DOE memo you might have been referencing. Care to read aloud the first paragraph for the class?

Go back and read the charges from the indictment and then tell us how your analogy is relevant.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

It’s extremely likely when Trump received his Q clearance it was explicitly stated it was good until the day he left office.

Just because it sounds like the system wasn’t updated when he left office, doesn’t change that.

There are Air Force systems that don’t have my correct rank or duty title, as they are outdated. It doesn’t make it true though.

"Wishcasting"
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DirtNasty:
imagine that another major thread derailment from the n_t's
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Prezboi44:

I find this document strange. Presidents don't hold clearances by virtue of their election to office. As elected officials, how would you have an unelected bureaucrat deciding access over the top elected official, least of all the CICAF. Many in the WH hold an SSB with a Yankee White clearance. NSC also.

Where am I going wrong?  I get you probably don't want a president to have the NOC list, but with the PDB, an "Agency" is going to withhold information of national security based on a clearance, because that's the exact situation they could be put in.

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2016/07/25/kind-security-clearance-president-get/
View Quote

I don’t think you are wrong, though I’ve never had a Q clearance, so I don’t know if there is anything especially unique.

I read the document as confirming that Presidents have the clearance while in office, and they cease to keep it when they leave office. The document was offered as a rebuttal to the claim that he still had the clearance, years after he left office.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#14]

He can't suck the information back out of Trump's head.  Any classified info Trump had access to during his presidency is potentially stashed in his brain, forevermore, indelible in the hippocampus.  All we're arguing about here are hardcopies.

We don't classify documents, we classify information.  Once he's had access to that information, you can't take it back... and to argue that somehow you can is just ridiculous.  The question then is whether he had the authority to retain hard copies of information he was already in possession of.  There's legit because hardcopies can potentially fall into unqualified hands and become a leak - but so could verbal recollections of sensitive info at inappropriate times.  Biden's a hell of lot more of a risk of that than Trump.

But at the end of the day it's all bullshit anyway and the only thing that is going to matter is who can get away with what.

View All Quotes

He still has intimate knowledge of privileged information and national security secrets.  That doesn't get flushed from your head when you leave the job.  I don't know if SOP is to retain a clearance or not, but it should be.

I guess you deserve points for creativity...? I haven't heard anybody try to frame it that way yet.

But since he wasn't charged with improper revealing of classified information (telling somebody what was in his head), I'm not sure how it's relevant.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mcantu:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcantu:

Yes, a memo from 2023 confirming that his clearance expired the day he left office.

Biden didn't revoke anything, he just said he would not allow Trump to have access to classified information going forward.

Former presidents having access to classified information is not dependent on them having a security clearance or not.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#16]

What do you think “by the conditions of the original grant” means?

Because to me, it is stating very clearly that when Trump was inaugurated he received his Q clearance, and it was to expire on the day he left office.

Do you interpret that differently?
View Quote

I don’t have to interpret anything. If it existed, there wouldn’t be a need for a revocation letter two years after the fact.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mcculver5:

"Wishcasting"
View Quote

Hardly.

As a legal professional, what would your interpretation of “by the conditions of the original grant” be?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Holy hell you guys have that gray bar yelling at the clouds judging by the number of posts I’m seeing. Poor propagandist is losing the narrative and is panicking. Lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JamPo:

You can’t return all the documents in an instant. Did you miss the part where it was originally determined that he was following the process as expected?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JamPo:

Nope, go read the indictment and then come back and see if there's anything left to discuss.  You might be surprised when you see what is actually in there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Hardly.

As a legal professional, what would your interpretation of “by the conditions of the original grant” be?
View Quote

As explained before, the only SCOTUS decision on classification authority found POTUS authority is independent of legislation and from his constitutional office

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#21]

I don’t have to interpret anything. If it existed, there wouldn’t be a need for a revocation letter two years after the fact.
View Quote

lol the DOE literally provided a memo saying president’s don’t hold a Q clearance the day they leave office.  I’d trust the agency charged with our nuclear capabilities to know who has access to that information.   A clerical error doesn’t change any of that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Where am I going wrong?  I get you probably don't want a president to have the NOC list, but with the PDB, an "Agency" is going to withhold information of national security based on a clearance, because that's the exact situation they could be put in??

View All Quotes

What else other than election to office qualified Trump to have a security clearance? Did he go through a background check? Did somebody somewhere in the government sign off on his security clearance?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Hardly.

View Quote

I wonder if you’ll be willing to concede to his position of authority if he disagrees with you since you’re appealing to it now hoping he agrees
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:09:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prezboi44] [#24]

I don’t think you are wrong, though I’ve never had a Q clearance, so I don’t know if there is anything especially unique.

I read the document as confirming that Presidents have the clearance while in office, and they cease to keep it when they leave office. The document was offered as a rebuttal to the claim that he still had the clearance, years after he left office.
View Quote

In normal circumstances, the president retains access for life because they can be called upon by current administrations to give the history of individual subjects, discussions with foreign leaders, clear up confusion, lines of thinking at the point of events, etc.  That's been national security policy forever. But only the president. Not their family or anyone else AFAIK.

They may undergo background checks, but it has no bearing on their access to classified materials.

They aren't going to go around asking how many tons of force do I need to push a graphite rod into a radioactive core, but if it's needed to make a determination on a certain question, I don't think the national security apparatus wants to run around asking "what's the classification of this piece of information in this context and can we tell the president?" as a nuclear power plant is melting down in timbuktu.

You understand the thinking behind this, right?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Holy hell you guys have that gray bar yelling at the clouds judging by the number of posts I’m seeing. Poor propagandist is losing the narrative and is panicking. Lol
View Quote

Tell ya what.

Post a single citation from any of the unredacted documents this thread is about, supporting a single claim made by the Trump supporters in this thread.

Since you’re calling people propagandists and all.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Agree another straw to break the camels back. It took 1000 years for Rome to fall once
fiat died. We may not be here but it will happen sooner or later. Times aren't hard enough
yet to activate the hard men to fix this shit sandwich. But look around and you'll see us
waiting, many here.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Tell ya what.

Post a single citation from any of the unredacted documents this thread is about, supporting a single claim made by the Trump supporters in this thread.

Since you’re calling people propagandists and all.
View Quote

I want to call people who willingly overlook corruption if it serves their interests a lot worse than propagandist but I kinda like my account and they’re not worth it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#28]

I want to call people who willingly overlook corruption if it serves their interests a lot worse than propagandist but I kinda like my account and they’re not worth it.
View Quote

Ok. Post the corruption you are talking about. Apparently it’s all over the unredacted documents. I’m just asking for one example.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#29]

lol the DOE literally provided a memo saying president’s don’t hold a Q clearance the day they leave office.  I’d trust the agency charged with our nuclear capabilities to know who has access to that information.   A clerical error doesn’t change any of that.
View All Quotes

So, Clinton, GW Bush, Zero (Obama) and Carter don't hold a Q clearance?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Wheeeeeeee,  to slide along these threads that try so hard to get away from the corruption that has been exposed…. Sad in some ways, but perfect examples of why history repeats itself as corruption takes over.  All the effort put in to deflect and slide away from the obvious issues with corruption at the highest levels - effort that could be used to help address the corruption, instead of covering for it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:20:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#31]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Ok. Post the corruption you are talking about. Apparently it’s all over the unredacted documents. I’m just asking for one example.
View Quote

Stop trying to be cute.

Let’s go with Crossfire Hurricane for $500
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

Who “granted “ the President his Q clearance?

Hint:  not DoE
View Quote

The clearance comes with the office.

And you lose it when you leave office.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Stop trying to be cute.

View All Quotes

Stop trying to be cute.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#36]
The ignore function would work better if people would quit quoting the idiots who are not here to actually engage in honest discussion
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:
The ignore function would work better if people would quit quoting the idiots who are not here to actually engage in honest discussion
View Quote

Honest discussion?

Is that like posting an inflammatory thread title but then admitting you don’t actually understand what you are listening to and hoping for somebody else to explain it?

Because I’ve been asking since page 2 for somebody to post a single citation from the unredacted documents this thread is about showing how the “WH created the Mar A Lago crime”. And nobody has been able to do it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dumak] [#38]
Originally Posted By piciphant:
The top secret papers he had were the dirt on hitlery.
View Quote

The papers Trump had were on the Crossfire Hurricane investigation - he declassified them on his last day in office. I have posted the link to the memo before.  The deep state wanted them back before the GOP took the house and Jim Jordan could make use of them.  They concocted this with NARA and raided MAL.

Thing is, lots of speculation that they didn't get the docs they were after. That is why they wanted to raid Trump's other properties.  

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#39]

The clearance comes with the office.

And you lose it when you leave office.
View Quote

No, it doesn't.  That's just the point.

You think you have a document in writing from a bureaucracy that did not exist when the Constitution was created.

The president is Commander in Chief and by virtue of the office, they have access.

Article. II.
Section. 1.

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows

-------------

Then we have

Article. II.
Section. 2.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Dumak:

The papers Trump had were on the Crossfire Hurricane investigation.  They wanted them back before the GOP took the house and Jim Jordan could make use of them.  They concocted this with NARA and raided MAL.

Thing is, lots of speculation that they didn't get the docs they were after. That is why they wanted to raid Trump's other properties.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dumak:
Originally Posted By piciphant:
The top secret papers he had were the dirt on hitlery.

The papers Trump had were on the Crossfire Hurricane investigation.  They wanted them back before the GOP took the house and Jim Jordan could make use of them.  They concocted this with NARA and raided MAL.

That sounds like something out of a bad movie. Why wouldn't it be digital? Why not make a ton of copies? How could the bad guys ever be sure they were getting it all?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Stop trying to be cute.

View Quote

Trump has the goods on the guilty parties  ,  the infamous Binder on Crossfire Hurricane .

That fact is ignored by select posters .
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#42]

No, it doesn't.  That's just the point.

You think you have a document in writing from a bureaucracy that did not exist when the Constitution was created.

The president is Commander in Chief and by virtue of the office, they have access.

Article. II.
Section. 1.

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows

-------------

Then we have

Article. II.
Section. 2.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

View Quote

Yes, presidents have access to everything while in office, purely due to the office they hold.

Former presidents maintain access to classified information solely at the pleasure of the current president. This has traditionally been granted as a courtesy, but it doesn’t have to be.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#43]

I guess you deserve points for creativity...? I haven't heard anybody try to frame it that way yet.

But since he wasn't charged with improper revealing of classified information (telling somebody what was in his head), I'm not sure how it's relevant.
View Quote

In a nutshell, it is VERY relevant.
That was a very good post that you replied to with your own jaded opinion.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Yes, presidents have access to everything while in office, purely due to the office they hold.

Former presidents maintain access to classified information solely at the pleasure of the current president. This has traditionally been granted as a courtesy, but it doesn’t have to be.
View Quote

And the current administration revoked the prior’s clearance two years after he left office in order to use lawfare and a willingly corrupt DOJ to hinder his reelection campaign. Much like they used a corrupt DOJ to handcuff his administration during its first three years with an investigation into a known false Russian collusion charge.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#47]
When someone posts 5 times per thread page, does this mean anything?

Just curious.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#48]

Honest discussion?

Is that like posting an inflammatory thread title but then admitting you don’t actually understand what you are listening to and hoping for somebody else to explain it?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

Honest discussion?

It's been explained and you don't care.  Keep sliding the thread Champ.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By akethan:

Doesn't matter.   Orange man bad.
View Quote

Those three words have a power over people that would make Jim Jones jealous.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
When someone posts 5 times per thread page, does this mean anything?

Just curious.
View Quote

What about when the same poster is conspicuously absent from any thread critical of a Democrat?
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top