Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2024 9:53:54 PM EDT
I've got a piece of property I'd like to cover with WiFi.  the property is about 1 acre, and I've got Starlink set up in one corner as seen in the MS Paint.  It has to be in that corner as there are trees blocking the view elsewhere on the property.

The other squares are concrete huts on the property, built out of rebar and concrete blocks, so not exactly friendly to WiFi.

I'd like to just have one outdoor  WiFi setup on the same building the Starlink is on, but want something that can reach the whole property, and hopefully penetrate the huts.
Any Advice?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:39:07 AM EDT
[#1]
My only thoughts are that it won't work with 1 AP in the starlink building, you'll need at least one other extension in the other cluster to adequately cover the area
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#2]
It works pretty good as it is. My neighbor's house is probably 30 yards away. His Starlink is in his house and when ATT was down the other day, I could use his unprotected Starlink wifi on my tablet laying on my bed in my house.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd probably go with a couple of these.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Does starlink sell a mesh system?  For ease of use that might be the simplest option.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.  Given me some things to think about. 🤔
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jakezor:
Does starlink sell a mesh system?  For ease of use that might be the simplest option.
View Quote

Yes they do.  The newest Gen3 router can be used as a wired or wireless mesh node.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top