Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2024 4:08:01 PM EDT
I need a flat bench that will get used for dumbell exercises, and will be used for bench pressing inside my squat rack.  

Looking at a few but I've never bought one before.  I want a serious quality bench. No moving parts, just a solid steel frame with a firm, thick pad.

Currently considering Titan, Rep, and Vulcan.

Any opinions from the group here?

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:16:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my Rep flat bench and it's hard to see how it could be improved, if you only plan to use it as a flat-bench.  I sometimes wish I had bought an incline/decline bench, though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Were it my money, I'd go Rep Fitness FB-5000 with the wide pad and call it a day. They've built up a great reputation for that bench.

The Vulcan looks fine on paper, too, and also has a wide pad option. But I can't get around the fact that I never see anyone actually reviewing their gear and it makes me nervous.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate the replies guys. That Rep FB5000 looks absolutely stout in the pictures. I'm a big guy (6'4" and well north of 200 lbs) and I'd like to be comfortable when bench pressing.  I want a good pad and a solid frame.  Realistically I'll probably mostly use it for seated curls, dumbells exercises, rows, etc...and even more than that, a place to sit in between sets.

Just want to know I can lay back and do sets with 275 and not feel like the bench is the weak link.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Rep makes great stuff. My opinion is Rogue Fitness is slightly better.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I wound up grabbing the FB5000. Should be here tomorrow. Excited to finally have a real bench at home.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By macro:
I wound up grabbing the FB5000. Should be here tomorrow. Excited to finally have a real bench at home.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#7]
How you liking it? I'm debating between the Titan flat bench and the 5k. The $180 sale price on the Titan is tempting...
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:11:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glck1911] [#8]
Originally Posted By jeremy223:
How you liking it? I'm debating between the Titan flat bench and the 5k. The $180 sale price on the Titan is tempting...
View Quote

Titan benches will get you by...... But they suck and you'll be wanting to upgrade.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:36:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: captnstabn] [#9]
Originally Posted By Glck1911:

Titan benches will get you by...... But they suck and you'll be wanting to upgrade.
View Quote

This.  Don't do it.  If you actually work out often and use it, you will want a new one within 6 months.

The rep FB5000 is nice, its a Chinese copy of the Rogue one.  I like the Thompson fat pad, and wanted made in USA, so I bought the Rogue.

Edit - Forgot to say, I actually had the titan 3 post bench and it is garbage.  Its super light so its unstable, even trying to get up you feel like its going to tip over.  Plus the pad sucks, it has zero grip.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Rep FB-5050 BLU competition flat bench with wide pad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top