Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2024 11:46:39 AM EDT
Gentleman

I own a pair of Power beats. They’re a couple years old. As of lately I go to put them on and they will be dead!  Annoying because they have the case they sit in religiously which should also be maintaining a charge.  I wipe them off after workouts with alcohol. Trying to maintain a good connection.

I think they’re shot.   Not sure if the case is bad or head phones in general. But I’m tired of being in a time crunch so try and listen to the audio on my phone while running since headphones are dead.

I recently forgot my headphones at home so ran inside Best Buy and bought a pair of JBL endurance peak 3. They’re ok for podcast, but I went to listen to music and they’re trash!

I have considered the shocks, but I often like to run with just one headphone in as I’m on the road (little to no traffics where I run but it’s nice to be able to hear when necessary) so these are out.

I have always felt the need to have the over the ear, but I’m also willing to try other things for sake of comfort.

The beats fit pro are kinda appealing to me at this point.

The reviews today online all seem AI generated and not very helpful.

So, fellow runners, what say ye?

Wants:
Can be worn mono
Wont fall out of my ears
Good/great sound as nothing worse then terrible sound while you’re running!

Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 12:31:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jmo371] [#1]
I had the JLAB Sport ones, I had an issue where one side wasn't paired....I was so frustrated and didn't feel like dealing with them I went and bought a JBL Endurance Race TWS ear buds.....It is most certainly User error, I was just pissed and wanted instant results lol.

They sound good, and mostly stay in, while I'm lifting ill knock one out here and there....the JLAB Sport earbuds stayed in much better, due to the ear hook design. I do wish the JBL's were a Touch louder. Ill probably revisit the JLAB set on a rainy day and see if I can get them re-paired and up and running again.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:00:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jmo371:
I had the JLAB Sport ones, I had an issue where one side wasn't paired....I was so frustrated and didn't feel like dealing with them I went and bought a JBL Endurance Race TWS ear buds.....It is most certainly User error, I was just pissed and wanted instant results lol.

They sound good, and mostly stay in, while I'm lifting ill knock one out here and there....the JLAB Sport earbuds stayed in much better, due to the ear hook design. I do wish the JBL's were a Touch louder. Ill probably revisit the JLAB set on a rainy day and see if I can get them re-paired and up and running again.
View Quote

Thanks!

I think I got my power beats working. Scrubbed contacts really well with alcohol and need to do so after every workout a little annoying, not less annoying then picking up a dead headphone before a run!
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 5:17:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNShewter] [#3]
My AXIL ghost stryke 2.0s actually work pretty well as ear buds with the mid-tier foamies installed.  Not the hearing-protection level foams but the ones below them.  Technically not supposed to shoot with those in but they work for pistols.

Otherwise these work well for me for meetings with the bluetooth and I do hike in them.  If I find I want better SA I'll turn on the active noise protection which works like sordin, walkers, etc.  but not quite as clear.  Well worth the price of them as I use them all the time for over 2 years now.

ETA- Adding that I like the way the wire wraps my ear to stay in place.  They don’t rely on ear cartilage to stay in place which bugs me about most ear buds.  Downside to this would be the wire between them bouncing if you’re using while running.  If I’m wearing a hat I’ll typically tuck the wire into the back of the hat near the hat’s adjustment strap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top