Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2022 10:39:20 AM EDT
Can someone shed some light on the best deals for the .mil rate for Microsoft Office and also Adobe? Just got a new laptop and will be starting with nothing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#1]
This what I could find. Buying through AFFES you can get a 30% discount on Office 365

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/military

I pretty much stopped using Microsoft Office when it went to a yearly subscription.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I ditched everything MS.

Install Linux (zorin release) and use libre office.

Only use open source software (FOSS).
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Adobe What? Photoshop? Reader? Illustrator?

And there are lots of free Office Suites that are as good as MS maybe even better in Windows.

Dont feed the monsters.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
This what I could find. Buying through AFFES you can get a 30% discount on Office 365

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/military

I pretty much stopped using Microsoft Office when it went to a yearly subscription.
View Quote

You can still buy office without a subscription.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Disclaimer: I'm not AD.

If you use MS products as part of your day to day check with your command for a "take home" license. I can't remember what it's called but MS used to allow normal commercial users a take home copy to install on their home PC. When I did it there was a website you went to, entered your command details and it spit out a license file. Burn install files and license files to disc, take home, install. And you could get just about any MS office products including publisher and other lesser used products.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 2:44:30 AM EDT
[#6]
For MS you should be able to get an annual for cheap. I don’t remember what I get but with a .gov account I can get a good deal
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#7]
As mentioned, you can get the Office 365 license for $69.99 from either AAFES or the Navy Exchange if eligible.

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/microsoft-365-family-military-2021/3018019
https://www.mynavyexchange.com/microsoft-office-365-family-military-edition-1-year-subscription/14111759

Both places seem to discount them around Black Friday (not always at the same time or price) so it may pay to wait if you can. You can load up to five years worth of licenses at one time, so like everything else, buy cheap and stack deep.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 6:54:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grambosc] [#8]
Libre Office is better than the best deal you could get on MS Office.  You can even use it if you're still on Windows.  It can open and save all of the office file formats as well, and export directly to PDF as needed.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

Stop feeding the evil bastard Gates' empire.

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Why on earth anyone falls for that annual MS Office renewal crap is beyond me. Here's a lifetime license for Microsoft Office Professional 2021 for Windows for less than $40.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By lighteye67:
Why on earth anyone falls for that annual MS Office renewal crap is beyond me. Here's a lifetime license for Microsoft Office Professional 2021 for Windows for less than $40.
View Quote

That website looks legit…

OP…check to see if the Microsoft Home Use Program is still a thing.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

That website looks legit…

OP…check to see if the Microsoft Home Use Program is still a thing.
View Quote

Uh, I've personally spent hundreds on StackSocial over the last dozen years, from gifted Walmart memberships for the lawn crew, to software, to electronics. It's legit.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Uh, I've personally spent hundreds on StackSocial over the last dozen years, from gifted Walmart memberships for the lawn crew, to software, to electronics. It's legit.
View Quote

If you’ve vetted it then I’m wrong. Personally I question any site that wants you to pay for goods or services with PayPal.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 6:24:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

If you’ve vetted it then I’m wrong. Personally I question any site that wants you to pay for goods or services with PayPal.
View Quote

@cms81586

No worries, OTOH, if I came across as dickish, I apologize. In a lot of physical pain, and kinda cranky. I might should have led with my personal experiences there.

Stacksocial is 100% legit and pretty awesome for a variety of things, in my experience. Running MS Office on my Macbook and Win10 laptop here thanks to that smoking deal. I also purchased lifetime VPN servers through them and run those as well. The deals are amazing there. My son in law also grabbed all of his study/certification courses there and is loving it. He wants my old job (network/hardware engineer). Software prices are a bigger racket than insurance, with brutal mark-ups for the consumer unless you know where to look.  Carry on :)

Link Posted: 11/8/2022 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#14]

@cms81586

No worries, OTOH, if I came across as dickish, I apologize. In a lot of physical pain, and kinda cranky. I might should have led with my personal experiences there.

Stacksocial is 100% legit and pretty awesome for a variety of things, in my experience. Running MS Office on my Macbook and Win10 laptop here thanks to that smoking deal. I also purchased lifetime VPN servers through them and run those as well. The deals are amazing there. My son in law also grabbed all of his study/certification courses there and is loving it. He wants my old job (network/hardware engineer). Software prices are a bigger racket than insurance, with brutal mark-ups for the consumer unless you know where to look.  Carry on :)

View Quote

No worries! Hope you feel better!
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 7:05:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: R0N] [#15]
Originally Posted By grondike:
As mentioned, you can get the Office 365 license for $69.99 from either AAFES or the Navy Exchange if eligible.

https://www.shopmyexchange.com/microsoft-365-family-military-2021/3018019
https://www.mynavyexchange.com/microsoft-office-365-family-military-edition-1-year-subscription/14111759

Both places seem to discount them around Black Friday (not always at the same time or price) so it may pay to wait if you can. You can load up to five years worth of licenses at one time, so like everything else, buy cheap and stack deep.
View Quote

I think the sale price they have once a quarter is 49.95
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Cyber Monday flyer show $49.99
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

@lighteye67

Looks like that deal is up to $50 now. Do you know of another one for under $40, by any chance?
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By GreatDane:

@lighteye67

Looks like that deal is up to $50 now. Do you know of another one for under $40, by any chance?
View Quote

They run specials quite often  I bought Office Pro earlier this year for $29.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

They run specials quite often  I bought Office Pro earlier this year for $29.
View Quote

@Piratepast40
They being StackSocial?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GreatDane:

@Piratepast40
They being StackSocial?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Here's a link to the Stack Social deal on MS Office Pro.  It's $34.97 this time.  They also charge something like $3 for processing.  In any case, it's a good deal for a lifetime license.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top