Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2023 8:16:35 AM EDT
The White House announced Monday that COVID-19 vaccination mandates for all federal workers and plane passengers from overseas will end next week.

"Today, we are announcing that the Administration will end the COVID-19 vaccine requirements for Federal employees, Federal contractors, and international air travelers at the end of the day on May 11, the same day that the COVID-19 public health emergency ends," the administration said in a statement.

The White House also said that it will begin winding down vaccine mandates for "Head Start educators, [Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services]-certified healthcare facilities, and certain noncitizens at the land border."

Biden on April 10 enacted a law behind closed doors that ended the national emergency related to the coronavirus pandemic that had persisted since March 2020.

Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.) introduced the bill, which was passed in February by all Republicans and some Democrats the House in a 229-197 vote.

Senate Republicans and half of Senate Democrats voted 68-23 for the measure.

moar
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:43:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#1]
Good, now bring on the vaccine injury and loss of employment lawsuits to Pfizer, Moderna, CDC, Fauci, FDA and every other group of assholes who trampled on and killed people for profit and power. Immunity? I don't that will stand in the long run.

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't forgotten all the folks that wanted the unvaccinated to loose their jobs, and suffer all sorts of Bullshit because we were a danger to everyone else.  Complete bullshit!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't believe (I mean, I CAN, but...) that they let this farce go on this long and that 220 pieces of shit in congress wanted to keep it in place.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#5]
So, do I go back to the job that unceremoniously canned me after 12 years because of this nonsense a year ago?  It's been a damn tough year in every way imaginable.  Could I just go back?  The security of the paycheck and good benefits would sure be nice, but I see a lot of things differently now...  Hmm.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Never forgive. Never forget.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:16:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bushleaguepilot:
So, do I go back to the job that unceremoniously canned me after 12 years because of this nonsense a year ago?  It's been a damn tough year in every way imaginable.  Could I just go back?  The security of the paycheck and good benefits would sure be nice, but I see a lot of things differently now...  Hmm.
View Quote

Really depends on the situation, like how bad it is for you or if they agree to give you at least an 87% backpay bonus since you have been gone.

ETA....the other option is if it would be a stepping stone back into the business you were in so you could bail ASAP when you found a better offer.  Sometimes ridding the bench has its own set backs but might be industry specific.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
All the people fired should be reinstated with back pay.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#9]
It wasn't enforced where I work anyway.  A lot of people resigned or retired because of the mandate, a lot of people reluctantly got the shot.  On my shift, I submitted an exemption which they said would be sealed until they received further guidance on how to process them.  One of the ladies I work with simply refused to get vaccinated.  They made us test weekly for a few weeks, and that was about it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By _DR:
Good, now bring on the vaccine injury and loss of employment lawsuits to Pfizer, Moderna, CDC, Fauci, FDA and every other group of assholes who trampled on and killed people for profit and power. Immunity? I don't that will stand in the long run.

View Quote

Fraud vitiates consent and those who consent were not fraudulent induced to take the shot.  EUA is a blanket immunity grant but Fraud vitiates it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't forget all the "family" doctors who pushed big pharma for profit at the expense of those who trust them...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top