Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/15/2024 6:35:31 PM EDT
Nuke bros, is this good, bad, or just an acknowledgement of something that was already in process?

@JustinU235

https://www.ksl.com/article/51013022/biden-is-banning-russian-uranium-how-it-will-impact-utah

SALT LAKE CITY — The mining industry is praising President Joe Biden's signing of legislation that puts in effect a ban on Russian uranium coming into the country and also jump-starts the necessary enrichment process with an infusion of $2.7 billion in additional funding.

"This is a great day for the United States and its allies," said Curtis Moore, vice president of marketing and corporate development for Energy Fuels, a Colorado-based company that operates the only uranium processing mill in the U.S., located in Utah's San Juan County.

"We took very quick action as a country to ban Russian oil imports, gas imports, coal imports and impose a whole host of sanctions on Russia, but it has taken them quite a while to ban Russian uranium imports. This is a long time coming," he said.

Moore added: "We get about 20% of all electricity in the United States from nuclear, and 50% of our carbon-free electricity comes from nuclear, and it was just not a good place for the United States to be so dependent on a country like Russia for all of this clean energy."
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Byden, you really hurt Russian oil by bombing their pipeline, didn't you?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish there was a program to build like a dozen more nukes ... hey I'd say way more, but baby steps ya know...
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't Hillary approve the sale of uranium one to Russia?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:40:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#4]
Who cares. We probably buy it from the Kazakh’s anyway.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Does this mean my Alibaba shipment of DU for cast bullets won't be coming
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By delemorte:
View Quote

I think so. So did we just ban ourselves from using ore mined here since it's owned by Russia Russia Russia?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:41:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nickel_Plated] [#7]
Are there ANY strategic resources that we actually produce ourselves in our own country?

For all this talk of us being a world superpower, it certainly doesn't feel like it. Superpowers aren't generally supposed to be able to be economically and militarily crippled the second they decide to declare war on their main adversaries. That's not the sign of a superpower.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Excellent - my URA etf thanks you!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#10]
It is a matter of national security to support domestic Uranium mining and enrichment.

It is insane to be reliant on an enemy and support their critical security infrastructure.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Wasn't it ours before it was their's?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Yes they're probably selling it back to us at about a 50% markup
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Nickel_Plated:
Are there ANY strategic resources that we actually produce ourselves in our own country?

For all this talk of us being a world superpower, it certainly doesn't feel like it. Superpowers aren't generally supposed to be able to be economically and militarily crippled the second they decide to declare war on their main adversaries. That's not the sign of a superpower.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:00:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Pepperidge farm's remembers when Dems (BHO and HRC) sold vast quantities of US uranium to Russia under GOP protests.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Yup big time.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

This is what I remember
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

That's (D)ifferent.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By crazymike1973:

That's (D)ifferent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crazymike1973:

That's (D)ifferent.

10% going out... 10% coming back.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not sure about the recent appropriations, but in the first 68 billion in UA appropriations, nearly 2 billion went to support the energy sector, mainly nuclear, to offset higher supplier cost.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#21]
We just got ourselves kicked out of Niger, replaced by Russia.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Uravan and Nucla, Colorado approve this move.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I thought we sold it to them thanks to Hillary and some well timed Clinton foundation donations .
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I am sure he got his 10%. Shame Wolf and Tula won't bribe Biden.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:23:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stan_TheGunNut] [#26]
For years we used Russian uranium taken from dismantled bombs as fuel.  Of course it had been altered to lower the enrichment for civilian nuclear reactors, but old USSR bombs were in fact the fuel.  Megatons to Megawatts program or something like that was the name of the deal, if I remember correctly.

Edit:  Wikipedia states that something like 25% of US nuclear fuel comes from the USSR.  I say it's Biden still doing his best to destroy the United States.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:42:24 PM EDT
[#27]
More for Iran, NK & China.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
I thought we sold it to them thanks to Hillary and some well timed Clinton foundation donations .
View Quote

If I remember correctly, Hillary approved selling the Russians 20% of our Strategic Nuclear Reserves which is now owned by a Russian company; Rostrum.  Shortly thereafter, 9 Rostrum stockholders donated $114 million dollars into the Clinton Foundation...a Foundation that was set up by Jeffery Epstein.  I'm starting to wonder if the Russians had information on the Clintons.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:
Nuke bros, is this good, bad, or just an acknowledgement of something that was already in process?

@JustinU235

https://www.ksl.com/article/51013022/biden-is-banning-russian-uranium-how-it-will-impact-utah

SALT LAKE CITY   The mining industry is praising President Joe Biden's signing of legislation that puts in effect a ban on Russian uranium coming into the country and also jump-starts the necessary enrichment process with an infusion of $2.7 billion in additional funding.

"This is a great day for the United States and its allies," said Curtis Moore, vice president of marketing and corporate development for Energy Fuels, a Colorado-based company that operates the only uranium processing mill in the U.S., located in Utah's San Juan County.

"We took very quick action as a country to ban Russian oil imports, gas imports, coal imports and impose a whole host of sanctions on Russia, but it has taken them quite a while to ban Russian uranium imports. This is a long time coming," he said.

Moore added: "We get about 20% of all electricity in the United States from nuclear, and 50% of our carbon-free electricity comes from nuclear, and it was just not a good place for the United States to be so dependent on a country like Russia for all of this clean energy."
View Quote

It's bad from a market perspective, because uranium prices went way up, but my previous station foresaw this and at the breakout of the war, sought other sources of uranium for future outages.

A lot of folks may not realize that each individual nuke needs to source uranium, enriching, and fuel manufacturing.

Taking Russia out hurts the market.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Phew...for a second I thought that said he banned Russian Ukraineum.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#31]
That’s going to piss off the southern Ute tribe and Navajo nation. That uranium mill has been polluting their groundwater…
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

No you rube that's just a speaking fee for Bill. Totally unrelated. Some of you guys..
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:35:48 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Yep; and some here warned this type of play was coming…now here it is.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:42:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Why not just buy our uranium? We have lots of mines. Some are just sitting idle.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 80085:
That’s going to piss off the southern Ute tribe and Navajo nation. That uranium mill has been polluting their groundwater…
View Quote

Ute Mountain Ute Tribe, not Southern Ute.

And it still remains a mystery (to those lacking in basic science education) how exposed evaporation ponds cause elevated radium levels in groundwater 50 miles away...
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:00:01 AM EDT
[#36]
We found a way to get titanium from the USSR/Russia.  I'm sure we'll find a way to get Uranium.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:28:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Maybe I will be able to finally stake me out some gov land and get my Fallout4 on.

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:05:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Ozgur:

If I remember correctly, Hillary approved selling the Russians 20% of our Strategic Nuclear Reserves which is now owned by a Russian company; Rostrum.  Shortly thereafter, 9 Rostrum stockholders donated $114 million dollars into the Clinton Foundation...a Foundation that was set up by Jeffery Epstein.  I'm starting to wonder if the Russians had information on the Clintons.
View All Quotes

Clinton also backed Yeltsin even after he ordered an attack on the RF parliament.
Skip to 30:38
TraumaZone by Adam Curtis Part 5 1993 to 1996
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:00:00 AM EDT
[#39]
You buy on the world market when a country is dumping it at less than domestic extraction price.  Plus you have to deal not only with US politics, but public opinion.  Nobody wants to hear about mining in their back yard.

My wife's father was a geologist - chasing the next mineral, but he started with Uranium and ended with it.  Russian surplus was killing the US market.  They managed to keep the company afloat, mostly by looking for every last cent out of the mining.  They used a catalyst system and circulated water between pairs of wells - pulling out dissolved solids and pumping the water back through the wells.  Their main product was the uranium, but if any other metal was dissolved, the accountants would calculate the ROI on adding another catalyst loop to the system to get that one too.  They were probably pulling out copper, nickle, silver, gold, and probably some others.  Tiny amounts, but if it could give them a net $10k per year, they would process for it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:50:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:

It's bad from a market perspective, because uranium prices went way up, but my previous station foresaw this and at the breakout of the war, sought other sources of uranium for future outages.

View Quote

Which is very good for US industry. With this happening, large-scale uranium mining and refining are likely to return to the Four Corners.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:23:16 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

And now we can't use Russian uranium, but I'll bet that we can use US uranium owned by Russians, thereby reducing the competition and increasing the profits to those particular Russians, who just happen to be linked to the Clintons and Podesta.

This is EXACTLY how the game is played.

What a country!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BooJangles:

I think so. So did we just ban ourselves from using ore mined here since it's owned by Russia Russia Russia?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BooJangles:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:04:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:

A lot of folks may not realize that each individual nuke needs to source uranium, enriching, and fuel manufacturing.

Taking Russia out hurts the market.

View Quote

So last year, very very quietly, blackrock and vanguard assisted repatriating the American uranium one asserts. So the government subsidized nuclear power through aid package to Ukraine and private capital paid Russia (indirectly well more directly than than some would like) to get back shit that should have never been sold.  The Russians and the Clintons are the real winners in this escapade.  Now, Whether domestic mining and processing has restarted who knows.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 6:11:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By tr6r:

Yes they're probably selling it back to us at about a 50% markup
View Quote

We're so dumb (or corrupt)
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:10:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jwnc] [#45]
Originally Posted By Mulskynrr13:

So last year, very very quietly, blackrock and vanguard assisted repatriating the American uranium one asserts. So the government subsidized nuclear power through aid package to Ukraine and private capital paid Russia (indirectly well more directly than than some would like) to get back shit that should have never been sold.  The Russians and the Clintons are the real winners in this escapade.  Now, Whether domestic mining and processing has restarted who knows.
View Quote

I am not doubting you at all, but would love to read more about that.  Any links?

EDIT:  Sorry for being a lazy ass.  Link:

https://www.mining.com/uec-acquires-rosatoms-uranium-one-assets-creating-largest-uranium-miner-in-us/

I am finding it more difficult to find out how much was paid for U1.

Something I did find out that I didn't know was that since Hillary was SoS, the Russian donations didn't go to the Clinton Foundation, that would have to be disclosed.  Hillary just happened to have a Canadian shell non-profit set up where the millions went, so that shell was (in her 'novel" legal theory) not subject to disclosure.

It is all so tiresome...
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:20:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jwnc:

I am not doubting you at all, but would love to read more about that.  Any links?
View Quote

My timeline was wrong the purchase was final 3 months prior to Russia invading.

UEC purchase of Uranium One
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:25:32 AM EDT
[#47]

some of us already have  
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:32:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Mulskynrr13:

Now, Whether domestic mining and processing has restarted who knows.
View Quote

It has, and is gradually ramping up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:33:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

@JustinU235

SALT LAKE CITY — The mining industry is praising President Joe Biden's signing of legislation that puts in effect a ban on Russian uranium coming into the country and also jump-starts the necessary enrichment process with an infusion of $2.7 billion in additional funding.

View Quote

Something something 2.7 billion….

Don’t forget 10% for the big guy…
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top