Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/6/2022 10:03:14 PM EDT
Quick commentary by Mark Steyn and Peter Schiff.

The Russian ruble is HIGHER NOW against the dollar than it was before the invasion! | Mark Steyn
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]
So when are you trading your dollars for Rubles?
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:04:17 PM EDT
[#2]
IBR_S
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up".
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
That stupid asshole could fuck up a glass of tap water.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#6]
lol
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:14:23 PM EDT
[#7]
His nickname should be Brown Finger. Everything he touches turns to shit.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Backfire?!?

Whoever's running the show probably made a shit ton of money and would say he definitely fucking nailed it. This many "fuck ups" isn't incompetence, and anyone who thinks so is dangerously retarded.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Some people on GD should be ashamed of themselves and their ability to read charts as evidenced in my "Ruble tells the story" thread from a few days ago. I was assured Dollar strong and Ruble was in freefall against it by the genius financial wizards of GD.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure the Russian economy is booming.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Can you buy Rubles on an exchange, any exchange, anywhere in the world with Dollars? You can't. It's a false, propped up number made up.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:25:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard this on the Radio today. Answered a few questions. Caution- not for the weak

https://ugetube.com/watch/learn-the-true-nature-of-false-flags-in-ukraine_sXZF1Rao9RAQjQL.html
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Backfire?!?

Whoever's running the show probably made a shit ton of money and would say he definitely fucking nailed it. This many "fuck ups" isn't incompetence, and anyone who thinks so is dangerously retarded.
View Quote

Can't wait until we're actively at war in Ukraine for one week and then handing candy out to the Russian soldiers the next and back and forth for 20 years until we pack up and leave in the middle night.  Also can't wait for all of the defenders of this when it happens.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, the dollar is sinking, so....
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll keep my BTC and dollars.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I heard this on the Radio today. Answered a few questions. Caution- not for the weak

https://ugetube.com/watch/learn-the-true-nature-of-false-flags-in-ukraine_sXZF1Rao9RAQjQL.html
View Quote

They only do that when they aren't busy trafficking Ukrainian kids.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#17]
than
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:45:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Uh currency manipulation is real.

Keep thinking that the ruble is rising on its own merits… as it’s not.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#19]
biden could fuck up a steel ball with a fly swatter.
Most incompetent "president" ever.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Everyone knows in artificial though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 6:21:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll keep my BTC and dollars.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:02:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Some people on GD should be ashamed of themselves and their ability to read charts as evidenced in my "Ruble tells the story" thread from a few days ago. I was assured Dollar strong and Ruble was in freefall against it by the genius financial wizards of GD.
View Quote

"but I'm up 30% in 10 years on muh index funds, I are genius stock market guru!"
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Fjb
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ruble now backed by gold and commodities like cheap Russian oil.
India is in.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#25]
LOL

Things that are true but don't mean what they are being implied to mean.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:11:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'll keep my BTC and gold dollars.
View Quote

The USD is a dead man walking.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#28]
lol

Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Keep thinking that the dollar is rising on its own merits… as it’s not.
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:18:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ruble now backed by gold and commodities like cheap Russian oil.
India is in.
View Quote

But backed by gold means India can trade USD for a bunch of rubles - and then trade that for some of Putin's gold?

Or do they have to keep the Rubles that were indexed to gold?
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:21:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Keep thinking that the ruble is rising on its own merits… as it’s not.
View Quote

Please continue.  

Because I believe that you are incorrect.

Russia is a net exporting nation with current interest rates of 20%.  They were at 9% before the Ukraine war.

Compare with a net importer nation, in chronic trade deficit, with interest rates of near zero.  That would be the USA.

Too bad Putin is an a-hole, because Russia had some good things going.  And, unlike the USA, operating with a fundamentally strong currency.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:22:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not evidence in any courtroom
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:24:47 AM EDT
[#34]
The Ukraine/Russia/Financial experts here on Arfcom assured everyone through their posts that this is fake and that it will drop to being worth less then nothing.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:25:15 AM EDT
[#35]
In this thread we assess arfcom's general economic understanding and critical thinking.

Did not disappoint.

Schiff makes 90%+ of his money from selling physical & paper gold above spot price, he has a keen interest in seeing the price of Gold high, and the USD low, so everything he says comes from that standpoint.

The Ruble "Trades" similar to how it did pre-war, but there's only two problems : You can't actually trade it, and the Russian government is buying as much of it as they can on open markets to price-fix it.

This SHOULD be apparent when you look at what the street-value of Russian oil is valued in Rubles. If it was worth similar to pre-war value, then a barrel of oil SHOULD BE WORTH around $100 in Ruble equivalent. However when you look at what's actually going on ,it's trading for less than $30/barrel when converted, or 1/3rd of the pre-war amount.

It doesn't whether a chart tells you Rubles are worth 73:1 as it was pre-war (Which was terrible to begin with), or that Russia has a 4d chess game by tying their money to tungsten-salted gold bars, there are very solid ways of determining the real value, and the real value doesn't look good.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#36]
While Europeans bark about the invasion, they're funding the Russian military with their oil/gas payments.  
China and India are cashing in by buying cheap Russian oil.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The Ukraine/Russia/Financial experts here on Arfcom assured everyone through their posts that this is fake and that it will drop to being worth less then nothing.
View Quote

It already is and there's PLENTY of objective ways to see that it is.

But when you consume a news cycle that is 100% "Whatever Biden/Dems do or believe, the opposite is true", it leads alot down a path of lies and destruction.

Some idiot here already said that 20% interest is a good thing.

The intelligence in threads like this is like a black hole.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Fixed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed

Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But when you consume a news cycle that is 100% "Whatever Biden/Dems do or believe, the opposite is true", it leads alot down a path of lies and destruction.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone get Volcker on the phone, apparently 20% interest doesn't support the value of the currency.

ETA:  Always imagined personal attacks were beneath you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#40]
THE WALLS ARE CLOSING IN
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fixed

https://c.tenor.com/gSQ2fhJP6RkAAAAC/michaelscott-wink.gif

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:38:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Dead cat bounces happened to the Iranian and Venezuelan currencies too. Central banks have a lot of tools they can use to temporarily prop up their currencies for a time, but eventually they run out of track and it begins collapsing.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In this thread we assess arfcom's general economic understanding and critical thinking.

Did not disappoint.

Schiff makes 90%+ of his money from selling physical & paper gold above spot price, he has a keen interest in seeing the price of Gold high, and the USD low, so everything he says comes from that standpoint.

The Ruble "Trades" similar to how it did pre-war, but there's only two problems : You can't actually trade it, and the Russian government is buying as much of it as they can on open markets to price-fix it.

This SHOULD be apparent when you look at what the street-value of Russian oil is valued in Rubles. If it was worth similar to pre-war value, then a barrel of oil SHOULD BE WORTH around $100 in Ruble equivalent. However when you look at what's actually going on ,it's trading for less than $30/barrel when converted, or 1/3rd of the pre-war amount.

It doesn't whether a chart tells you Rubles are worth 73:1 as it was pre-war (Which was terrible to begin with), or that Russia has a 4d chess game by tying their money to tungsten-salted gold bars, there are very solid ways of determining the real value, and the real value doesn't look good.
View Quote

So what do you think is wrong in the OP?  Schiff may be a nut, but the OP seems correct.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#45]
When the only people that can trade between foreign currency and the ruble are people inside Russia that have permission to trade, and the only place to do it are at state controlled locations, then the state can set the rates they want.

The prices shown are on the Moscow "market" and people think it's the true value to the world?
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Dead cat bounces happened to the Iranian and Venezuelan currencies too. Central banks have a lot of tools they can use to temporarily prop up their currencies for a time, but eventually they run out of track and it begins collapsing.
View Quote

Not like our central bank has been propping up the USD.  Oh wait…
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:45:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:45:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayup. It’s hard for some to look in the mirror.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
So…

Who here is ready to go all in on Rubles?
View Quote

There will be a government run digital currency here soon. Don’t you worry.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Someone get Volcker on the phone, apparently 20% interest doesn't support the value of the currency.

ETA:  Always imagined personal attacks were beneath you.
View Quote

20% interest is an attempt to convince investors you aren't falling apart. Every country run by a tin-pot dictator has 20% interest rates.

Tell me, would you rather be living in one of these low interest countries, or high interest countries?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_central_bank_interest_rates

Here guys , knock yourselves out to get your Rubles, they're on a HUGE DISCOUNT based on this thread. All you'll need to do is round-trip your USDs to INR, then INR to RUBs. You can buy them for the low-low price of about 80rub to $1. Only slight downside is the interbank trade rate is currently showing at about 160rub to $1.

Time to liquidate your retirements guys : https://www.bookmyforex.com/russian-ruble/
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top