User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2021 2:16:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: COCKEDANDGLOCKED]
Black Summer: Season 2 | Official Trailer | Netflix

Who's watching?
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 5:42:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Hell yeah!!!  Can’t believe this just dropped!
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 6:02:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 11:25:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: smullen] [#3]
I've not watch S1:E1 yet...

Is this something I need to watch... From the Previews, it kinda reminds me of Walking dead with faster, smarter Zeds..

Is there more to this.
Better/More use of cooler weaponry, Eye Candy of the female persuasion, etc.. etc..???
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 3:52:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNC:
In! That's the prequel to Z Nation, right?

@STFM check this out!
View Quote

supposed to be, but without the corny humor.  Season 1 would probably be rated PG-13, but season 2 is a hard R with some brutal violence.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 3:56:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smullen:
I've not watch S1:E1 yet...

Is this something I need to watch... From the Previews, it kinda reminds me of Walking dead with faster, smarter Zeds..

Is there more to this.
Better/More use of cooler weaponry, Eye Candy of the female persuasion, etc.. etc..???
View Quote
These are "fast runners" that change quickly.  Think 28 days later, but Zombies instead of infected.  Takes a while to get used to the story line because it bounces around, following different characters at different times during the Apocalypse.  

Season 1 was good, Season 2 is better with a lot more action and gore.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Surprised to see Season 2 which was way better than S.1 and very realistic in how I would envision an zombie apocalypse would be; shaggy hair, being hungry, people not trusting other people, etc. The relationship between the two black men was interesting; "Little James got the names".

I'll be watching it again.

Downside which happens in these zombie movies like Army of the Dead is the full auto and can't hit anything scenes. You carry that ammo around and then do a mag dump on one zombie and then yell I'm out. LOL Plus lack of edged weapons. I think I saw one knife and an axe being used. I'd be carrying a few choice melee edged weapons for when the bullets run out like Walking Dead.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I really like it. Once again, good story and action. One of the things I like about Black Summer is that every episode is a different length - they focus on content and not just filler to meet a specific episode length. Some episodes are 47 minutes and some are 33, they end when that particular story is told. Looking forward to (hopefully) season 3.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Finished whole thing same day it dropped. Binged that.... Man the way they filmed some of these shots of scenes and the realistic feel just amazing! Holy shit I don't think you'd get more of an realistic zombie type show. Bravo! 10outof10 for me
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Very impressed with the show. Good writing and good acting. Tension... you can feel it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought all this zombie stuff was on the way out -
guess not.

Banged through Season 1 on Tuesday and now I'm halfway through season 2.

All I can say is:  Holy Shit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Season two is much better then season one.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 12:16:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50cal] [#14]
Didn't know season 2 was out. Damn, behind the times
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 3:28:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolomite] [#15]
Who wouldn't go out into the woods, meet these 2 fine young ladies - AND NOT put their complete trust in them?

How did that one B get to be put in charge?  I wonder (remember - she made that one guy eat snow, and the other dude had to hand over the tool he was using).  That would've been a good flashback.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I've really enjoyed both seasons, I hope we get a 3rd.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 6:14:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StandFast_Knives] [#17]
Not a big fan of either season.

For example,
throughout season II there are survivor groups that have formed/clicked up, yet arriving at the mansion all out chaos ensues in battle between these groups. Said survivors know damn well every casualty creates the super charged undead that are very formidable in this show. You'd think collective minds would unite? Doesn't make good tv does it? (maybe it does? think saviors and etc. Walking dead).

I try not to be to critical, I enjoy most zombie related movies and shows.
This show gave me a headache, I tried to like it but alot was unanswered and seemed rushed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Holy shit. Season two is making me anxious and I’m only half way through.

I think the selfishness and lack of forward thinking is probably pretty realistic. No one values human life except their own. Not hard to imagine people being quick to kill regardless of consequence in a total societal collapse due to a zombie apocalypse.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 3:37:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the heads-up. I've been waiting for this one since the first season ended. One of the best lower budget things on the TV recently.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#20]
it's really good!

glad they did season two

good stuff so far
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top