Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2024 3:21:48 PM EDT
I'm using the latest edition of Brave and in the last two weeks or so it has started freezing up after 10 minutes if left idle. It will not open any new tabs nor will any tab already open respond. My Google fu is weak, seems to be a known problem but I haven't seen a fix yet. Has anyone else experienced this?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
No, my Brave Browser is working OK. Except I can't get Google or Android services to pick up my true location. I am a little south of Columbia, SC. Damn Google allays thinks I am in Charlotte, NC and puts a random dot somewhere around the city. All the auto location services and store services point me to local stores in the Charlotte area.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, mine locks up when it sits for a few minutes too. The only way to unlock that I have found is to do a forced shutdown and start over. At least when reopening it gives the option to reopen the tabs that you were using.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cruze5:
have you tried uinstalling it and reinstalling from scratch?

https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404876135565-How-do-I-uninstall-Brave

View Quote

That will be my next step. I have disabled all extensions and that didn't help. I reset all settings to the default and slowly added them back. That helped some but a clean install is the next step I guess.
Top Top