Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2 says...

yes, you can shoot 5.56mm out of a .223 chamber
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a Ruger Ranch rifle the original one with a full wooden stock.
I bought cases of 5.56 military leftovers at gun shows.
Tracer rounds, all kinds of rounds.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:55:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charlie556] [#3]
There’s a douche on YouTube called Gunblue 460 or 490 or something that practically makes it a religious thing to say if you shoot 556 in a 223 you’re going to blow your gun up and die.

I’ve shot I don’t know how many 556 in Minis back in the day. Never a problem.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shack357:
They say you can shoot commercial .30-06 out of a Garand now too.

But the people saying that haven't stepped up with a guarantee to fix my rifle if they're wrong.
View Quote
You have always been able to shoot commercial ammo in it.  That is until the desert hippie said you couldn't.

Then we get that stupid M2 ball only myth that won't die.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Jeremy2171:
You have always been able to shoot commercial ammo in it.  That is until the desert hippie said you couldn't.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jeremy2171:
Originally Posted By shack357:  They say you can shoot commercial .30-06 out of a Garand now too.

But the people saying that haven't stepped up with a guarantee to fix my rifle if they're wrong.

Which desert hippie?  Warnings to not fire commercial 06 from an unmodified Garand have been around a lot longer than Forgotten Weapons - probably longer than the WWW.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:55:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#7]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:
I'll stick to the correct round for the weapon system. I don't care what some youtube dork says.
View Quote

I mean he is basically just presenting pre-auction guns in a lot of his videos, and I agree his knowledge is not a stellar reference point, but "youtube dork" isn't the only one saying 5.56mm is fine in .223 rifles. It's literally all over the place. Probably more than those arguing you'll blow off your pee pee if you shoot 5.56 in a .223. All I know is my Saiga .223 eats LC M193 5.56mm all day long, as does my Savage Axis .223.

But then again, I tear the tags off my mattresses, and  sometimes, I don't put my safety belt on until I get to the end of the street.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Charlie556:
There’s a douche on YouTube called Gunblue 460 or 490 or something that practically makes it a religious thing to say if you shoot 556 in a 223 you’re going to blow your gun up and die.

View Quote

That guy said to use your stripped BCG as a cleaning rod guide
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I once shot a single .223 round out of a 5.56 barrel. My 84 y/o grandmother got pregnant as a direct result. Please don't tell me that interchanging these calibers is nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By deanwormer:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By deanwormer:
Originally Posted By Charlie556:  There’s a douche on YouTube called Gunblue 460 or 490 or something that practically makes it a religious thing to say if you shoot 556 in a 223 you’re going to blow your gun up and die.

That's clever.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#11]
this has to be the single most over blown issue in the entire gun world.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Only the 55 grain FMJ 5.56X45.  Nothing in the heavy bullets.

Still have boxes of Winchester 5.56 bought years ago that we used to shoot through our varmint rifles for plinking so we could reload the brass with accurate loads/bullets later for ground hog hunting.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top