Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2024 9:04:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eagarminuteman]
The nationwide crime wave came very close to home for one Washington state man, after his Ring video doorbell alerted him to activity in his driveway early in the morning last Wednesday.

Eric Smith of Puyallup, near Tacoma, witnessed two men allegedly trying to steal his pickup truck. He told Fox News that when he looked out and saw his truck's door open, he pledged not to become the latest crime victim statistic.

Smith said he sees stories and online posts daily involving neighbors recounting their brushes with increasingly brazen criminals.

"I'm always looking at the map to see if it's close to me. And… it's not. But it just happened to be that night. And that was the situation I ran into," he said Monday on "The Ingraham Angle."

Smith raced to his front driveway and encountered a man rummaging through his truck from the passenger side, while another individual sat in a waiting car in the street. He said when he slammed his front door, the noise startled the burglar.

More

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Eric Smith is a dumbass.

He needs to write a letter to the criminal to thank him for not murdering his stupid-unarmed ass.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Didn't go outside with a gun but brought his phone?

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
Eric Smith is a dumbass.

He needs to write a letter to the criminal to thank him for not murdering his stupid-unarmed ass.
View Quote

What about the thieves?  They good?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Going out to confront two thieves without being armed, doesn't sound like the best thing to do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By maxima2:

View Quote

A phone is assumed to be as much a magic talisman as a gun is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 50-140:
Going out to confront two thieves without being armed, doesn't sound like the best thing to do.
View Quote

Especially car burglars. They’re almost always armed these days, using guns they steal out of cars.

We’ve had several people shot around here confronting vehicle burglars/thieves, including a local police officer
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#8]
He’s white, law abiding and it’s Washington state, he’ll be arrested by week’s end
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Hahah, what a freaking moron.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#10]
according to some i GD he should just stay inside
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

View Quote

How many videos have we seen here, where some dumbass (usually a woman) is holding a phone at crazy-with-a-gun, and ends up eating a few bullets for it.

The victims are relying on the consequences of someone being recorded committing a crime deterring the criminal from further behavior.  But you can't deter someone who can't conceive of consequences more than a few hours in the future.  

Criminals know what guns are.  They've often seen people shot with them, and they know it sucks.  They know what an ass-kicking is, because they've both received them and given them, or they wouldn't be violent criminals.  But they can't relate to a camera maybe resulting in the cops showing up a few days later.  If they could, then they'd still leave it for that 'other guy' to deal with.  Not them.  Especially not after de-policing and St. Floyd. And when the cops do show up with consequences, miracle of miracles, the stupid mother fucking criminals instead of simply taking the arrest, bonding out ROR and getting back to hoodrat shit, still often decide to fight and lose.

You can't reason with stupid people.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

100% correct.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#13]
That's my old 'hood. There's a reason I moved away a few years ago
Last I heard the cops knew who one of the guys was, they were still trying to figure out who the 2nd guy is. Pierce County prosecutors will probably immediately release them if they're picked up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I guess the car thieves didn't warn him to stay inside.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Looked like a hyundai. Likely stolen.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
according to some i GD he should just stay inside
View Quote

bunch of fucking pussies.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:55:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#17]
Yeah, fuck going hands on with a criminal like that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#18]
If I’m stepping out, I’m opening fire.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JEL:
He’s white, law abiding and it’s Washington state, he’ll be arrested by week’s end
View Quote

Not this election season.  Our democrats are vulnerable on crime right now.  They'll wait until December after the election
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

His phone was all he needed, it would call the police who would come and save him, then thank him for beating up the thief.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

(sarcasm) Thieves were probably off duty police officers and thought the phone was a gun…(sarcasm)

Things are going to get worse before they get worse.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Holy shit that guy is a massive idiot.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:31:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Commando_Guy] [#23]
When I was young and dumb (no longer young), working in downtown Portland late one night and wen out to the pickup for some more tools.
Encountered 3 bums that had jimmied the drivers door lock and had a toolbox out rummaging through it. Hadn't checked the open truck bed I guess. They never even noticed me until I layed into the three of them with an axe handle from the back. No announcement, just started into them. First guy caught it in the back of the head.
Retrospect, could have gone badly for me.
ETA: I regret nothing.

Nick
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JEL:
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top