Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2024 10:17:05 PM EDT
Regardless of company policy…what is the ruling in having you EDC in your truck? Not really finding much info. My permit is good from Florida. It’s not honored in 7 states. I’ll be avoiding those.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the state and where your permit is from.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
There are no Federal regs against carrying in your truck.  It is going to be state laws and company policy that would determine it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Like everyone has said it's complicated because you're going to have to do some legwork to figure out the laws in each state (and sometimes municipalities) you're traveling through. You also have to be mindful of not only your company's policy but also those of the places you're loading and unloading at.

The good news is 29 States now have Constitutional Carry and if you have a state issued permit reciprocity with other States can open up more places you're allowed to conceal carry. You have to make judgement call for everywhere else, weigh the risks vs rewards. FOPA covers you as long as you are following the transportation rules as far as storage but beware some States don't allow stops or only "reasonable" short stops in State under FOPA and some like New York, New Jersey shit all over the FOPA without repercussions.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Concealed means Concealed. Kinda like fake logbooks were.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I carried a gun in all 49 states and Canada without any permits for several years. What choice do you have?I pulled it about 10 times but never had to shoot anyone.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Keep it hidden when in the blue states.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top