Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/10/2024 11:27:52 AM EDT
I open this thread so that whoever wants, can upload Catholic prayers and devotions, many of them documented as miraculous.
Prayer for the Holy Souls in Purgatory by St. Gertrude the Great:
https://www.goodcatholic.com/prayer-for-the-holy-souls-in-purgatory-by-st-gertrude-the-great/
PRAYERS FOR SOULS IN PURGATORY
https://www.ourcatholicprayers.com/prayers-for-souls-in-purgatory.html
Prayers for the dying and for the souls in purgatory:
https://onesoulforhim.wordpress.com/prayers-for-the-purgatorian-society/
Manual of the Purgatorial Society:
https://www.catholickingdom.com/s_Library/Books/M/Manual_of_the_Purgatorian_Society_OCR_CK.pdf
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Purgatory is a man made doctrine created for the purpose of controlling and profiting off people.   Christ's atonement was sufficient to cover sins.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:41:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nraheston] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Thank you, I discoverd this amazing place a month ago, and I didn't know about the religious thread
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Catholic-prayers-and-devotions/135-2705835/
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By agillig:
Purgatory is a man made doctrine created for the purpose of controlling and profiting off people.   Christ's atonement was sufficient to cover sins.
View Quote

I believe in purgatory, at the same time I fully respect and understand that you only believe in heaven and hell
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I pray that the church dissolves and the immense wealth be auctioned off and given to the victims of abuse.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By basp2005:
I pray that the church dissolves and the immense wealth be auctioned off and given to the victims of abuse.
View Quote

Afterwards, the left will demand slavery and Jim Crow reparations
https://www.unionleader.com/opinion/columnists/pat-buchanan-left-s-latest-demand-race-based-reparations/article_0fe5bf8f-1f5b-5c15-9a46-16e34930de5b.html
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]
OP thanks for the great thread.

That being said, IBTL.  Inevitable the trolls will be here to ruin a good thing instead of saying, look something I'm not interested in and move on.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:05:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Elcunning:

That being said, IBTL.  Inevitable the trolls will be here to ruin a good thing instead of saying, look something I'm not interested in and move on.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote
Why are satanists so salty? Did you catch a temp ban on reddit or something?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Thank you very much. I have created another one on the subthread of Religion, just in case this topic is archived
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Catholic-prayers-and-devotions/135-2705835/
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:

+1
View Quote

Thank you. Here are some more Catholic prayers and devotions:
https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/devotions
https://mycatholic.life/catholic-prayers/
https://oracionesydevocionescatolicas.com/prayers.htm

PRAYER TO ST. JOSEPH FOR A SOUL IN PURGATORY:
Saint Joseph, reigning in heaven with Jesus and Mary, intercede for the souls in purgatory. Today, in particular, I ask you to turn your gaze to the soul who is most forgotten in purgatory. This soul longs to see the face of God, O good father. Ask the Holy Trinity to take this soul to the glory of heaven today. Remember me, St. Joseph, when I die. I beg you to be prompt in delivering me from purgatory so that I can see you, Jesus, and Mary face to face. Amen.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:25:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan] [#12]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:27:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Number_Six] [#13]
In Matthew 5:17-19, Jesus clearly upheld the 10 Commandments when He said: ”Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets".
The Ten Commandments prime directve:
You shall have no other gods before me.

Trump claimed he is the second coming, and the chosen one.

Therfore, I cannot have any devotion to Trump.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
This.  But thanks OP.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Why do you not pray that the wealth of Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, and almost any other billionaire gets sold off to help victims of human trafficking, some of which they abetted? Their estimated worth of $454.3 billion dwarfs the Catholic Church's $15 billion.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 2:02:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By XJ:
The pope is a commie.   Own it

View Quote

Are you sure we have a Pope? I don’t think we have a true Pope at this time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Where in the Bible do we see anything about purgatory?

Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Headless_T_Gunner:

View Quote

In Matthew 5:24-25, in 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 and in 2 Maccabees 12:39-46
https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/is-purgatory-in-the-bible
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By monadh:

Why do you not pray that the wealth of Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, and almost any other billionaire gets sold off to help victims of human trafficking, some of which they abetted? Their estimated worth of $454.3 billion dwarfs the Catholic Church's $15 billion.
View Quote

Why don't we start with the actual organizations  abusing children and trafficking humans... like the Catholic Church, NGOs and teacher's unions.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Purgatorial societies:
https://uofccatholic.com/purgatorial-society-2/
https://famigliadiapostolati.org/purgatorial-society
https://stmcatholicchurch.org/purgatory
"Heart of Jesus, burning with love for us, inflame our hearts with love of thee."
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

So the bible is the only authority? LOL
Which version of the bible?

Also, where in the bible are televangelists, snake chanting/dancing, mega church "pastors" that honey pick scripture with C.Rock bands and banning the consumption of alcohol?
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By LuvBUSHmaster:

Which version of the bible?

Also, where in the bible are televangelists, snake chanting/dancing, mega church "pastors" that honey pick scripture with C.Rock bands and banning the consumption of alcohol?
View Quote

The Bible is the only authority
It warns us of false teachers and false doctrines and wolves in sheep’s clothing
Jesus also told us of those that said “haven’t we worshipped you obeyed you “ and he said depart from me I never knew you

Religion sends people to Hell -
Salvation is a person it’s Jesus Christ and he told us we must be Born Again to see Heaven
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank you amigo! Vamos!
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

And what is the name of the god you are praying to?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Father O'Sullivan's Book for the Souls in Purgatory:
https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/library/read-me-or-rue-it-12622
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#33]
The Silent Scream, released in 1984, shows a 12-week baby being killed via a suction abortion. The film’s narrator, Dr. Bernard Nathanson (1926 – 2011), was a former abortionist who was responsible for some 60,000 abortions before becoming a pro-life Catholic

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:29:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By LuvBUSHmaster:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#35]
It will be interesting to see which religion is practiced in Heaven.

I would imagine the religion of Moses with Christ as it's head.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:24:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_Mike] [#36]
View Quote

What paradise did the prophets and Lazarus go to before Christ?  Where did the thief on the right go for at least two days before the resurrection when Jesus told him "tonight you will be in paradise"?

Purgatory is a locigal conclusion of interpreting scripture.  There are many passages that don't make sense like Jesus mentioning forgiveness of sins in the afterlife without there being a middle place.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
I Corinthians 3:11-15:

For no other foundation can any one lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any one builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble each man's work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Sounds like entitlement.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Here's the story of John Bruchalski, another former abortionist who become a pro-life Catholic:

Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

True.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Bat15:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bat15:
Originally Posted By XJ:
The pope is a commie.   Own it

We do, even if we don't agree with everything he says. If we don't have a valid Pope that means the line of Apostolic succession is broken. If that is the case then then Church has fallen, as Apostolic succession is one of the Marks of the Church. We know this not to be the case because Christ told Peter that the gates of hell would not prevail against His Church.

We've had bad Popes throughout history. The fact that the Church has thrived and prevailed despite such often bad leadership is, for me, one of the biggest proofs that ours is truly Christ's Church on earth.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By nraheston:
Here's the story of John Bruchalski, another former abortionist who become a pro-life Catholic:

View Quote

Dr. Bruchalski delivered my younger siblings. He is a hero for his Pro-Life views and practice.

Thanks for this thread OP
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:42:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nraheston] [#45]
In this video, she's sharing her Holy Week checklist as a Catholic mom. This checklist can help you organize and prepare for Holy Week celebrations with your Catholic family.

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By longhunter09:

Dr. Bruchalski delivered my younger siblings. He is a hero for his Pro-Life views and practice.

Thanks for this thread OP
View Quote

Oh, your siblings were very lucky
Thanks very much to you
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

I pray that the immense ignorance around the subject of priest sexual abuse, magnified by the poor handling of the issue by the Church, is lifted by the grace of Christ, and one day people are able to see past the bias that the rate of child abuse is the same inside and outside of the Church.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Number_Six:
In Matthew 5:17-19, Jesus clearly upheld the 10 Commandments when He said: ”Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets".
The Ten Commandments prime directve:
You shall have no other gods before me.

Trump claimed he is the second coming, and the chosen one.

Therfore, I cannot have any devotion to Trump.
View Quote

Prove it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Yep.
Let's all jump in and disparage a faith group older any protestant group by double-plus.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Homernomer:

I pray that the immense ignorance around the subject of priest sexual abuse, magnified by the poor handling of the issue by the Church, is lifted by the grace of Christ, and one day people are able to see past the bias that the rate of child abuse is the same inside and outside of the Church.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Homernomer:

Amen!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top