User Panel

Site Notices
Cavalry Arms Lower (Page 1 of 3)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/17/2024 10:04:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eli75]
Does anyone still have one and use it?

I have a couple.  The last one I bought was for the AR15.COM SEBR.  I slapped a Bushmaster Varminter upper on it with a budget scope.  It's been in the safe for around 14 years or more.   I got it out tonight and let my 13 year old son shoot at some cans out in the field.  He loved it!  It's probably time to invest in some better optics for it.  

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I still have one, and shoot it occasionally.  It has an Oly Arms .45 upper, and is fed by grease gun magazines.  Lots of fun, and with the long barrel it is almost hearing safe, (almost).  Kind of heavy with 30 rounds of 230 grain ammo, though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup.

Still have an unbuilt lower as well

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got more of those than I probably should.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:48:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#4]
They're not as popular since their alignment with violent revolutionary communists.

Edit: Am I thinking of the wrong plastic lower?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:48:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got one from about 2008 ...probably 5k rounds through  it.  No issues .
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:49:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beretta_Jerry] [#6]
They were made in town here. Why were they shut down? I'm pretty sure I met the founder at the htf shoot with the ant hill and the mg42. Really nice guy.

Eta: had a post sample g18 and f/a ar. Only time I've ever shot full auto. Remember it like yesterday. Much appreciated
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Is anyone making them now?
For the DIY crowd
With 3D printing I would hope now there should be a file to make in interlocking sections that can be glued together
Or how about someone making a 3D mold set to make one at home out of fiber glass or carbon fiber
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup, I still have the 'Cav Aid' lower with a Noveske barrel and standard upper, it's a good little coyote rifle.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:05:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eli75] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:
They were made in town here. Why were they shut down? I'm pretty sure I met the founder at the htf shoot with the ant hill and the mg42. Really nice guy.

Eta: had a post sample g18 and f/a ar. Only time I've ever shot full auto. Remember it like yesterday. Much appreciated
View Quote

IIRC there was some sort of ATF entrapment case against the way they were assembling the lowers.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:
They're not as popular since their alignment with violent revolutionary communists.

Edit: Am I thinking of the wrong plastic lower?
View Quote

One of the key employees (Russel Phagan) at the old Cav Arms is now with KE Arms where they make the new derivative plastic lower. He is aligned with an online wannabe social media red coffee shop revolutionary. It’s unclear if Russel is a commie or just retarded.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I walked into a gun shop years ago and dude had a ton of those in a crate for like 20$ a piece.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:08:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Eli75:

IIRC there was some sort of ATF entrapment case against the way they were assembling the lowers.  
View Quote

The ATF alleged all kinds of paperwork and records violations, but the owner pled (IIRC) to some FFL violation where he transferred a gun to a California resident who was falsely using an AZ address.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:12:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: d13s3l] [#13]
gwacsarmory.com
bought the tooling & IP for Cav Arms lower

a buddy of mine said a shop in Houston still has a few new/old stock for sale

eta:
KE arms has a version w/ slightly diff design
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

One of the key employees (Russel Phagan) at the old Cav Arms is now with KE Arms where they make the new derivative plastic lower. He is aligned with an online wannabe social media red coffee shop revolutionary. It’s unclear if Russel is a commie or just retarded.
View Quote

The people him and the other guy hang out with also work with Antifa/JBGC guys. One of their friends that they do content with was CHAZ security and maybe involved with shooting those kids on that joy ride.

KE Arms is what I was thinking of. I thought there was a connection between the two.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:22:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By grendelbane:
I still have one, and shoot it occasionally.  It has an Oly Arms .45 upper, and is fed by grease gun magazines.  Lots of fun, and with the long barrel it is almost hearing safe, (almost).  Kind of heavy with 30 rounds of 230 grain ammo, though.
View Quote

Same here. Blue with blue handguards.  

Loads of fun to shoot. Might have a pic of it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:25:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GLHX2112] [#16]
I had 3 of them at one time, I got rid of the Barney Purple one, and kept a Black unfinished one that was rough around the edges, but it was easy to clean up, and,  one of the rare Pidgeon Grey colored ones, I think they made 15 or 20 of them. Still have it packed away somewhere. Can't find any pictures of them right now, or I'd post them. This pic was taken back in 2010. Thread was on here and had something to do with goofy socks or something.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:30:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zentradi] [#17]

View Quote

I think almost every company head from Juanita was arrested  

Ameetec, Glockmeister, Cavarms

The valley was a shitfest for the firearms industry.  In addition to those guys we had Todd Bailey of Special Weapons, Bob at 1911 Heaven, American Spirit Arms.  

It got better, but used to be full of WTF.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:31:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I remember seeing that they made a very limited run of glow in the dark ones.  It would be cool to find one of those.  (not useful for night combat)
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Have the sabre defense one, talk about double ATF whammy

Built as lightweight P&W 14.5 beater iron sighted gun
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Jupiter7:
Have the sabre defense one, talk about double ATF whammy

Built as lightweight P&W 14.5 beater iron sighted gun
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/423396/IMG_2003_jpeg-3190886.JPG
View Quote

At one point those were getting blown out at 5/$100....hard to pass up a stack of lowers for less than a BCG. O_o
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:58:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Have had one as my truck AR for at least 15 years.  Beat to shit.  Still runs strong. Why is it my truck gun?  No idea it just is.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:15:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#23]
Never bought one. I thought they were one of the least cool lowers out there and looking cool is the most important thing. That and they are fixed stock only. What am I? A poor dirt farmer that can't afford or doesn't know that adjustable stocks exist?

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:16:51 AM EDT
[#24]
I recently unpacked my CAVAID lower from the move.

Those were.....interesting times.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:20:28 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Thanks guys. The guy at the shoot had a first initial T. He was an sot in the far east valley. From what I see, he was not affiliated with them. Had a really neat selection from what ive read. Apologies.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:23:06 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I thought there was something too about them getting jammed up at SHOT one year - tried to sell guns to a foreign government without going through State or something like that.
Maybe I'm thinking of a different company?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:25:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#28]
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

I thought there was something too about them getting jammed up at SHOT one year - tried to sell guns to a foreign government without going through State or something like that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

I thought it was an issue with where/how they were manufactured and the ATF splitting hairs over them being made in a different facility and they didn't care that he it was a CavArms employee pushing the injection molding button. I may be misremembering about that being the issue, but I think the ATF took issue with it. Fucking dickheads (even if I didn't want one).
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:27:20 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

The  CG shoot?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:31:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, a MkII, its going on like 20 years old now.. never had any issues with it on any upper ive put on it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:31:44 AM EDT
[#31]
One of the lowers I always wanted but never purchased....dont ask me why

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:32:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#32]
One on an ultra light build - still need to finish that build I think (hopefully can find the last round of upgrades).  One still in the box from them.  Got both during CavAid.

IIRC one of the things that pissed the ATF off is that the owner was storing pistols for Cal residents so they could use them for competition out of state.  Lots of the other stuff seemed like administrative bullshit.  Something like transporting firearms without serial numbers - apparently they had to be moved from molding to someplace else (which might have been on site) before they were engraved.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:34:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Yeager used the lowers for rental guns for classes, many of them had 50k+ plus rounds put thru them with no lower issues...

They were indeed robust
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:58:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joekizanyu] [#34]
Originally Posted By mousehunter:
One on an ultra light build - still need to finish that build I think (hopefully can find the last round of upgrades).  One still in the box from them.  Got both during CavAid.

IIRC one of the things that pissed the ATF off is that the owner was storing pistols for Cal residents so they could use them for competition out of state.  Lots of the other stuff seemed like administrative bullshit.  Something like transporting firearms without serial numbers - apparently they had to be moved from molding to someplace else (which might have been on site) before they were engrav

View Quote
It was actually because the two halves (one sided serial numbered and the other side not) were both in possession of the molder (who was not an FFL) at the same time. Therefore the molder had possession (or was it manufacturing?) of "complete firearms" without any records being kept. Yes, I know the two halves were not joined, but the ATF apparently thought the two halves could be rubber banded together and make a working firearm.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:45:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Does anyone still have one and use it?

I have a couple.  The last one I bought was for the AR15.COM SEBR.  I slapped a Bushmaster Varminter upper on it with a budget scope.  It's been in the safe for around 14 years or more.   I got it out tonight and let my 13 year old son shoot at some cans out in the field.  He loved it!  It's probably time to invest in some better optics for it.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31219/1000004402-3190782.jpg
View Quote
Had a bunch, built them up, and gave them all away.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:49:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By juan223:

The  CG shoot?
View Quote

Near Bloody/Horsethief Basin. Easy E was there. Think he got banned after that for posting a silly video.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:11:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#37]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:12:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:24:35 AM EDT
[#39]
I'd have to dig it out, but I know I have one of the few aluminum lowers that Cav made.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:24:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By zentradi:

I think almost every company head from Juanita was arrested  

Ameetec, Glockmeister, Cavarms

The valley was a shitfest for the firearms industry.  In addition to those guys we had Todd Bailey of Special Weapons, Bob at 1911 Heaven, American Spirit Arms.  

It got better, but used to be full of WTF.  

View Quote

Those were some good times, the parties, the people, the stories.
Back with AZEX, Cav, Ameetec, and all the other crazies.
Can’t forger the Uzi Triangle!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:36:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Vulcan
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

If I remember correctly, they were caught with an unregistered machinegun.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Talk about deja vu.  Cav Arms was a huge topic of conversation and conflict on here way back when.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:55:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thirsty] [#44]

View All Quotes

No, that’s only what they told you to garner your sympathy and gather your money.

They knew exactly why the ATF was after them, they had been warned to stop what they were doing, but didn’t. Something to do with off-the-books transfers or improper transfers.

ETA: at least that’s how I remember it. I felt pretty used after the truth was revealed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Didn't Eric the Hun have a DeWalt version?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#46]
I just sold one about 8-9 months ago.  I bought it back in the early 2000's but never put an upper on it.  The LoP was too long; here it is shown next to a fully extended carbine stock:

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
Didn't Eric the Hun have a DeWalt version?
View Quote

I believe he did.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#48]
I have a couple sets of furniture that I have never installed.  Blue and pink.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#49]
I regret not buying one.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:23:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AzzFaceKillah] [#50]
For you guys that still have these lowers, what's the lightest non-sbr build you've been able to put together? With optic? Without?

I'd kinda like to try one of the gwacs ones if they're true to the originals.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Cavalry Arms Lower (Page 1 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top