Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2024 5:40:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Good stuff, on the expensive side.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Way too many variations of the same things and they've gone very "corporate"

Some of their stuff is ok in my experience.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one of their alleged ceramic finishes.  I don’t know what’s in it but I’ll buy more.  It works and is easy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Good stuff from what I've used, but way too many options to choose from.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I use their products. I foam cannon my vehicles and like the extreme body wash and wax, and use the Diablo gel on my tires. I think they’re pretty good for the price.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Used to be when they had franchises.

Prices higher, but far better service and a good product.

They’ve gone the way of Walmart.  Cheapened the brand, and you no longer get the store service and advice that was once available.  They’ll be Meguiars 2.0 before long.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I use this stuff o0n my guitars. Works better tyhan the $5 per ounce Gibson guitar polish  that is basically quick detailer  with a guitar brand on it.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I use their foam cannon and black lite soap. I also use their air freshener.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:20:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I hear a lot of praise for them.

Bought into the good stuff and got a bottle of their glass hard water marks remover.

Tried it on a portion of the glass and works as advertised.

Never got around to finishing it so on that car there is a clear streak on a side window since pre-covid lol!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I think they have good products and they started out basically as a ground up company and then somewhere things went wrong. Now if you search through the products they offer you see insane prices on shit that you can buy on the amazons for a fraction of the cost. Just take foam cannons for example. $89 on chemical guys, and $14 on the amazons and this one comes with a complete set of power washer tips.

Chemical guys foam cannon

Foam cannon on the amazons

The list goes on forever of the cheap china shit they are selling like they own a Snap-On truck or something.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I liked their stuff back when I first discovered it, but they went all corporate since then and most of their products seem to be watered down versions of what they use to be.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:45:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#12]
It's what I use.  Frankly, they work as good or same as some others but they have better scents IMO.

I have a foam cannon by them that is failing after about 2.5 years.  Cheaply made but worked fine while it lasted.

I use their quick detail spray, foaming soaps for the couple times a year I do a water wash, Diablo wheel cleaner, Silk Shine for black plastic exterior parts and tires.  Wheel cleaner smells great but I'm not convinced it works that much better than just their regular soap.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FreakOfNature:
I liked their stuff back when I first discovered it, but they went all corporate since then and most of their products seem to be watered down versions of what they use to be.
View Quote

I noticed the same "went corporate" but I have not bought from them since they shifted. Several years back when I bought from them their shit was very good.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got a few of their products I use on my Camaro, not sure they're the best but they do pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:01:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sheltot] [#16]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Agilt:
Way too many variations of the same things and they've gone very "corporate"

Some of their stuff is ok in my experience.
View Quote
This is what I noticed. Seemed like everything claimed to do the same thing with a different name and label.
I tried it, though, and it worked well to get the interior of my truck nice looking when I got it ready to give to my son.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I buy their stuff off Amazon. No complaints.

The foam wash works well, and the after spray seems to do a good job.

Whenever it stops raining on going to claybar my windows and give their ceramic windshield stuff to try.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I started out with a lot of their products 4 years ago, maybe.  Soap, Speed Wipe, V polishes, Blacklight, V07, etc.  I ditched their polishes in favor of Sonax Perfect Finish.  I still use the soaps mainly for the smell.  I'll buy whatever soap is on sale on Amazon.  

I still use the Speed Wipe and V07 regularly.  I buy both by the gallon.  

The stuff worked well but I found I got nearly identical results using the Perfect Finish and it was a single product in place of 3+ product.  That doesn't even mention the extra pads and towels I needed with the V polishes.  

I noticed the corporatization of CG when they changed Stripper Scent to Signature Scent.  I assumed that was to appease the Elder Gods of WalMart.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#20]
I moved to 303 stuff , but it was ok.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 4Truck:
Used to be when they had franchises.

Prices higher, but far better service and a good product.

They’ve gone the way of Walmart.  Cheapened the brand, and you no longer get the store service and advice that was once available.  They’ll be Meguiars 2.0 before long.
View Quote

There used to be a "Detail Garage" a few miles down the road from me, has since closed up. Not sure of the reasoning; if the franchisee didn't hack it, wasn't worthwhile, or something else.

It was nice to have as an option being it was a place that would have most everything in stock, was a bit above parts store quality (on most things), didn't have to go to walmart, and was nice to get out of the house and not wait on Amazon if I was trying to get something done that day.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#22]
It's decent stuff. I like their wash and wax, mammoth drying towel, and wheel cleaner. Amazon has good black Friday deal where I normally stock up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:09:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Their products are okay but the real issue is that they are a marketing company. They have a bazillion products in their lineup with multiple products doing the same thing just with a different label so they can get more sales. They have a few stand out products like VRP but most of the stuff is just meh. On the consumer side I think there are better values like the TW Hybrid Solutions line. On the professional side you have brands like P&S, Koch Chemie, Adam’s, etc. that work better and are way cheaper when you buy in bulk and dilute.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got their "ceramic" leather protectant / cleaner - I've got white seats in one of my cars (see below image), so far so good...I have had to use a magic eraser on a little spot or two....but overall very happy with it. Came recommended to me from a buddy with the identical car.

Most of my detailing / car care products are from Griot's Garage, they seem to have really nice stuff along with a lot of education to go along with it (the other guys do to). Family business is a thing for me, so there's that too! I've got way more stuff than the "average" person should...A tall stand up cabinet with built-in storage in the doors with so much crap it's amazing...a rolling tool cart set up for detailing, etc... I do like my stuff to look sharp!

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I wouldn't say I'm a fanboi, but I use their stuff, and it takes dirt off my truck and makes it shiny.  

I also haven't washed my truck since November....so I should probably go do that....
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:47:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JustinU235] [#27]
I'm an Adams "fanboi" only because of the always available 25% vet discount.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:38:49 AM EDT
[#28]
I like Chemical Guys products but I just can't STAND how they have 10 of the same product but each are just slightly "tweaked" .  The soaps I get...but the tire dressings, Detail sprays, interior cleaners, "hydro" line...  just a confusing lineup.  Just make 1 or 2 GREAT products and ditch the rest.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:51:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I buy their stuff. Expensive but it works    Smells good too
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I like quite a few of their products, but am always looking for what’s better.  CG got me started on better personal car detailing.  As others have said they have way too many of the same products.
  The tire shine, hydro slick ceramic, drying towels and clay bars are GTG.  The one item I really like is the wheel iron decon.  I run a metallic HP brake pad on my z06 and get crazy brake dust.  That stuff cleans things up very nicely.

What’s considered tier 1 in detailing products ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By mc556:
I like quite a few of their products, but am always looking for what’s better.  CG got me started on better personal car detailing.  As others have said they have way too many of the same products.
  The tire shine, hydro slick ceramic, drying towels and clay bars are GTG.  The one item I really like is the wheel iron decon.  I run a metallic HP brake pad on my z06 and get crazy brake dust.  That stuff cleans things up very nicely.

What’s considered tier 1 in detailing products ?
View Quote

I love their iron decon as well.  My zl1 creates brake dust just sitting still.  

As far as "tier 1"  imo, I'd probably say AMMO .   I know there r even better though, but I'm just a baller on a budget
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Nah.

Use butter wet wax, it helps fight water spots, I wax her once a month with that.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top