Stoned idiot.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Bring back slavery as punishment.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:17:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tac556] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BFskinner:

POS but charging him will poaching all those minnows is a reach.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mousehunter:
My google Fu is week, but fingerlings are probably sold by the lb - and I doubt they cost all that much per pound and there could be hundreds of fingerlings in a lb.  Now that price rises rapidly as you start dealing with larger sized fish - but the pictures to me look pretty close to fingerlings.  So honestly, my initial wag is that is probably less than $2k of fish.

When you look at the numbers used in the article, they are starting with the value of an adult fish then assuming that all the fingerlings would live that long.  I think in nature those fingerlings have about 1% survival (maybe less) from that size to mature.

Chinook salmon fingerlings.  Not minnows...  Fish that might reach 30lbs or more, and sell for $20/lb or more commercially at the store.  Fish that also sustain a huge sports fishing economy locally.  

(Spring chinook sell for even more as they are even better eating.)

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Infrastructure attack?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MinnFinn:
Why the fuck would someone do that?
View Quote

Remember the fact checkers say there’s not a conspiracy to destroy our food supply.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GreyGhost:
That little weasel should be given the largest fine and longest jail sentence possible.He has impacted the lives of thousands of fishermen.
View Quote

In IA, any fish illegally killed is a liquidate d damage fee of $15 IIRC.

$15 times 18,000 fish, plus fines for what amounts to vandalism sounds great.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:

Remember the fact checkers say there’s not a conspiracy to destroy our food supply.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:

Probably not. Just some stoned out fucktard that had a beef with someone at the hatchery.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Oregon?
No charge, no jail time, no monetary fine.
They'll give him a good meal, a change of clothing and a very stern warning not to do that again.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Did salmon kill his family or something?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Spleenless-Dave:
 Make him eat ALL the dead salmon.  And he has to wash it down with buckets of Larks vomit.  

View Quote

Since they are charging him with unlawful taking of fish, the least he can do is eat his "catch."

He should have to make restitution by funding and raising a new batch of salmon - but seven times as many, so he needs to produce 140,000 of them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#14]
My google Fu is week, but fingerlings are probably sold by the lb - and I doubt they cost all that much per pound and there could be hundreds of fingerlings in a lb.  Now that price rises rapidly as you start dealing with larger sized fish - but the pictures to me look pretty close to fingerlings.  So honestly, my initial wag is that is probably less than $2k of fish.

When you look at the numbers used in the article, they are starting with the value of an adult fish then assuming that all the fingerlings would live that long.  I think in nature those fingerlings have about 1% survival (maybe less) from that size to mature.
View Quote

They are doing the math by the poaching fine per fish...
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By justsayin:

Article states it would likely result in loss of 200-400 adult fish for harvest.

That's still a pretty big deal and financial impact.

Still wondering if mental illness or drugs were a factor,  that's just....odd.
Dude went through quite a bit to do that.

View All Quotes

Article states it would likely result in loss of 200-400 adult fish for harvest.

It's very hard to know the real impact of this stuff and it is almost always higher than most estimates. There are so many factors. Fisheries can be pretty fragile and a big upset can wreak havoc. There is a ton of time and money tied up in the program. It's similar to when livestock is killed and they have to take into account the future earnings potential.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By tac556:

That is a guy who probably should stay away from the coastal boat ramps for a while….some of those folks might throw him in.

What a fucking dipshit.  Claiming he was high on MJ is a cop out- he likely is that way all day long…
View Quote

Well, if he was shooting or snorting marijuanas, then maybe that changes things?

Marijuana is a hard core drug that leads to Satan worshipping. Maybe he sacrificed the fish to his dark lord and good friend Satan?

All because of marijuana
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Underscore_O_Three:
Break the bones in his hands and feet.

See if he appreciates being able to walk around and feed/dress himself.
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:56:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:
Ive seen dumbasses purposely open gates to let livestock onto roads.
View Quote

I didn't see them.  And I ain't seem 'em since.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#19]
What a cunt that guy is.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#20]
What this guy did is insignificant.

ODFW has decimated Oregon fisheries in the last 30 years through changing how they manage them and making up definitions of what native fish or runs are. When their done eliminating recreational fishing, they will put more effort into eliminating recreational hunting.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Hope he goes to prison for a very long time and gets raped every day til his ass bleeds by muscled out bubbas.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#22]
What a rotten POS loser.  Needs jail time, and wage garnishment, and massive public humiliation campaign.  His dumb face on posters all around work/school/town, and on social media.  His family too.  Then, when they propose additional actions they're are going to personally take to do something equally positive - then the humiliation campaign can take a rest.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#23]
pouching - if he drove there; what he drove is forfeited along with anything he had on
him at the time.

Considering the location he performed the act, ban him from being within 1 mile of
any lake, steam, river, or body of water where fish can live.

and the fine, dollar a fish/fingerling, and 2 hrs of jail time for each fish/fingerling.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
So 17,600 end up as food in the food chain, which really goes to show how important those fish are for the larger ecosystem.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:56:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Poor fish. That probably sucked to die like that. I hope they put the screws to him
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:08:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RichinCM:

They are doing the math by the poaching fine per fish...
View Quote
The fish cop is doing the math, not the judge. Fish cops are usually way full of shit compared to county deputies

this dude needs some time behind bars, he will never pay any fine
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:38:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scott-S6] [#27]

That's not the way I took it, opinions vary.

It was massively wtf, but it's also true that per the article only 2-400 (vs 18,000) of those fish would have reached adulthood to be fished by anglers.
Both are true at the same time.

If you're charging someone for financial impact,  this might be relevant.
There's no doubt there's something wrong with dude.

View Quote

13million isn't based on the value of the fish. There's a 750 dollar fine per fish taken illegally. He killed 18,000 so 13.5m
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:09:09 AM EDT
[#28]
That faggot should be made to pay back every penny in damages he did. He should die broke and homeless starving under a bridge.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:04:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By colklink:

Well, if he was shooting or snorting marijuanas, then maybe that changes things?

Marijuana is a hard core drug that leads to Satan worshipping. Maybe he sacrificed the fish to his dark lord and good friend Satan?

All because of marijuana
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By colklink:

That is a guy who probably should stay away from the coastal boat ramps for a while….some of those folks might throw him in.

What a fucking dipshit.  Claiming he was high on MJ is a cop out- he likely is that way all day long…

All because of marijuana

What kind of driveling nonsense are you rambling about?  

Maybe read all the posts before you go off the rails on some tangent.  Was mentioned just above my post that some other article stated the guy was using MJ at the time he did it.  You maybe missed that…  

Oh, and yeah- I probably have seen the outcomes of all types of drug and alcohol use and abuse more than you, regardless of how long you might have enjoyed it.  So you can save the retarded “pot needles” type bullshit for someone who doesn’t know the difference.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:09:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By pepe-lepew:
What this guy did is insignificant.

ODFW has decimated Oregon fisheries in the last 30 years through changing how they manage them and making up definitions of what native fish or runs are. When their done eliminating recreational fishing, they will put more effort into eliminating recreational hunting.
View Quote

Yeah there certainly has been plenty of that.  But this dipshit wiped out fish that were going to be caught commercially and recreationally.  So even less fish out there…  

Don’t even get me started about the “wild fish vs hatchery fish” nonsense.  (Many of the “wild” fish are just un-clipped hatchery fish raised with federal tax dollars).
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:15:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:35:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BFskinner] [#32]

Chinook salmon fingerlings.  Not minnows...  Fish that might reach 30lbs or more, and sell for $20/lb or more commercially at the store.  Fish that also sustain a huge sports fishing economy locally.  

View All Quotes

"Can" reach.  The estimates were that 300-400 of those would reach adulthood and be the fish you describe.  I would be fine with charging him with 400 counts but not stretching it to thousands of counts.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:00:41 AM EDT
[#33]
I hope he does prison time and has his wages garnished for the rest of his life,
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:12:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:

Why do you say that ?

Do you know something we don't

Most states or the feds can garnish wages with a court order
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:
Originally Posted By toytruckman:
He will never be made to pay a penny

Why do you say that ?

Do you know something we don't

Most states or the feds can garnish wages with a court order
The Circuit (Felony) Court in my county issues bench warrants for failure to pay's all the time.

I think it's one of those things that just vary by jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#35]

"Can" reach.  The estimates were that 300-400 of those would reach adulthood and be the fish you describe.  I would be fine with charging him with 400 counts but not stretching it to thousands of counts.  
View All Quotes

Why? Did he kil 400 fish or 18,000?

Let's put it another way. If I come smash all the windows in your house and get caught, are you fine with me only paying for three?

Regardless what you think of hatcheries and fish cops, hatchery fish are property until released. He destroyed property. He should pay for every bit of it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:
those are state charges.

wait till the Feds fuck him.
View Quote

Exactly what I was thinking

I hope they go in dry
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Serial killer in the making.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#39]
We need NYPD and a broom handle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#41]
No sympathy for this shitbag, but the $13M is a reach.

Reminds me of a drug bust and they inflate the value down to selling street value high cost individual doses .  The feds get to boast about the $10B drug bust.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Look at what those minnows can grow too. Hatcherys are trying to bring them back to previous numbers and provide lively hood to commercial fishermen. Some rivers have so few returning salmon no fishing is allowed

F that guy,
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top