Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2023 1:22:39 PM EDT
So, the typical event is a brand event.  The Rep from "Oliva" [or whoever] comes and there is a table with all of the products from that brand. The rep educates folks and if you buy so many cigars, you get a free one, or a hat or something.

What other type of events do your local lounges hold?  
What kind of event would you LIKE to see?
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
My local lounges have had a few different events, some are centered around the cigars, some are just to get people together, while smoking.

1. Conspiracy Night: we discuss bigfoot, Alien bodies in Mexico, did the titanic really sink, did we land on the moon...

2. Smoke on the Rails: They rent an open air train car and we take a ride, 60 minutes both ways.  Picnic lunch, 4 cigars and a couple pours of Bourbon/ Scotch come with the ticket.

3. Movie Night: We watch a movie on Tuesdays (typical slow night).  Free popcorn, buy 5 get 1 free type deals.

4. Cut and Light: Brand Rep comes in for a smaller brand event, often chooses a movie and maybe does some trivia for prizes after.

5. Poker night: Buy 8 cigars of the chosen brand and get $20k in chips.  First place wins a prize pack, 2nd place wins a smaller prize... [ prizes depend on how many entrants]

6. Smoketoberfest: two day event, different brands highlighted throughout the days, live music, extra discounts.

7. Kings Table [Queens Table]: Fancy four course dinner, coat and tie dress code, limited to 6 tickets.  Get 3 nice cigars (Padron, Plasencia, Ashton) and premium liquor.

8.  Cigars under the Stars: Larger steak dinner [50 or so people], usually at a Golf Course (or somewhere with a banquet room), with outdoor seating for smoking after.

9. Outdoor Movie night: Inflatable movie screen and projector set up outside with lawn chairs.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 2:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish the lounges in in NEPA were more active, especially on social media.  Or just closer to me!  If the lounges in Scranton/Wilkes do events, it's either not often or poorly advertised.  OR... and I'll admit it could be the algorithm Section on my social media feeds that prevent me from seeing it, but I doubt it.  I only have commercial/retail cigar, church, meat smoking, and guns on my social medias.  No real people.  And since algorithms don't like church or guns, all I see is meat and cigars! LMAO

Social media and the internet are tools no business owner can afford to ignore these days, especially in an 'old mans' hobby like cigars.  I recently found out there's a small, small lounge about 25 minutes from me on a clear day.  They use their FB and IG a couple times a month at best.  The way small business' are failing these days, I assumed they were out of biz the first time I found them on FB.  Then after over a month, they randomly made a post.  Well at least now I know they are open lol.

Working for the gov, I've moved around a lot for the job.  Church and cigar lounges are always the easy ice-breakers to meet local people not associated with my job.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#3]
We do a huge event annually called Habanapalooza with around twenty reps, huge buffet, raffles, etc. Costs around $200 and you walk away with 20 or so sticks of varying quality, a shirt, branded cutter/lighter, coupon for 20% off a purchase.

Every December we rent out a high end restaurant and have the Davidoff rep in. Amazing meal, open bar, three Davidoff sticks, a nice limited Davidoff item, some great raffles, etc. About $180.

In January we do the NCAA college championship football beefsteak dinner at a local golf course. All you can eat steak and fries, beer and soda included, three mediocre sticks. $75

Annual locker holder Super Bowl party in March. $35 I think, pizza, wings, chips, beer, soda, etc. and two sticks donated by reps.

The rest of the events during the year are usually on premises and as described in the OP.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#4]
My local one had whisky tastings and I just found out they are starting a Ladies night!
My buddy is really excited about that and I am kind of too, been a long dry spell.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 5:27:49 AM EDT
[#5]
My local spot hosts a couple larger off premises events throughout the year along with the occasional in store cut & light, pre-Thanksgiving feast, Christmas party, Super Bowl party, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top