Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2023 1:40:20 PM EDT
It has been suggested to hold a swapping event.  The idea being bring some cigars that you'd trade and see who has something you want.  Maybe you bought a box and after smoking half of them, they just don't hit the spot anymore.  
Has anyone attended one of these?  How was it ran?  Was it well attended?  I've been asked to help plan it, and I'm not exactly sure what to do.

If an event like this was offered in your area, would you go?
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I would 100% go if one was within 60 miles of me, just to clean out some tupperdors! (Anyone here want some free sticks?)
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 2:02:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nopetrol] [#2]
I would be in for this provided time and distance allowed it.  ðŸ’¯ðŸ’¯ðŸ’¯.

***Regionally speaking, where are you proposing this?  I'm up in the extreme NEPA.  Scranton/Wilkes has some lounges and shops, but they don't appear to do much in the way of events and reps.  BCP down in Drums does plenty, but that hour + drive keeps me from going there.  

Somebody ran a swap/sell group on FB for a bit. I was in the group long enough to get interested, but then occurred to me ; 'I have zero proof the guy on the other end is of legal age in the receiving state'.  At least an in-person would solve that.  Out of all the questionable shit I've done in my Ife, a furnishing tobacco to a minor would be the one that finally gets me

*** I just looked at your other post and did a little digging.  Your down by Union Cigar?  I see their stuff on FB, always interesting.  Just too damn far for me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I brought a box of cohibas back fromm Cuba this year. Never smoked in my life
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 68MUDSTUD:
I would 100% go if one was within 60 miles of me, just to clean out some tupperdors! (Anyone here want some free sticks?)
View Quote

I'm always down to try some stuff.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes sir, Union Cigar is my home lounge.  I will make another post here in a bit regarding Pennsylvania that you may be interested in.  I don't want to diverge this one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Nopetrol:

*** I just looked at your other post and did a little digging.  Your down by Union Cigar?  I see their stuff on FB, always interesting.  Just too damn far for me.
View Quote

So which event from my other post kicked up Union Cigar in your digging?  Just curious.  I assumed it wouldn't be difficult if someone wanted to look.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By djturnz:

So which event from my other post kicked up Union Cigar in your digging?  Just curious.  I assumed it wouldn't be difficult if someone wanted to look.
View Quote

It's not terrible hard to connect the dots you put out.  I thought I remembered seeing FB events come through my feed.  You guys have an active FB, and even though you are too far to join you in person, I follow.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 68MUDSTUD:
View Quote

If you're willing to ship, let me know what interests you (other than cigars), and I'll come up with something to send you. I'm getting back into it and retesting my hygrometers as I type.  What I currently lack in cigar inventory, I make up for in other hobbies, so it's HIGHLY unlikely that I don't have something that interests you

Anyway, it might be fun, so just PM me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top