Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2024 8:51:45 PM EDT
Good read.
As the West lights it's Christian History on fire what comes next may be horrifying as conviction is lost in social religion.

Clanging noise without any real truth.

"Today’s Christian churches are full of free riders. In general, little is required of modern Christians, and all aspects of the Christian lifestyle have become optional. Aside from a few small gestures of faith, Christians are indistinguishable from non-Christians. They may receive their sacraments and associate with other Christians, but their outlook and behavior are much more defined by their environment than their religious beliefs. Even when their churches are desecrated, their brothers and sisters in Christ are martyred, or the key tenets of their faith are violated, most Christians tend to carry on as before, never realizing the damage that their complacency does to their religion."
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting read, it is disturbing what some churches & Christians are accepting & supporting
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Today’s Christian churches are full of free riders. In general, little is required of modern Christians, and all aspects of the Christian lifestyle have become optional. Aside from a few small gestures of faith, Christians are indistinguishable from non-Christians. They may receive their sacraments and associate with other Christians, but their outlook and behavior are much more defined by their environment than their religious beliefs. Even when their churches are desecrated, their brothers and sisters in Christ are martyred, or the key tenets of their faith are violated, most Christians tend to carry on as before, never realizing the damage that their complacency does to their religion."

This is one of the main reasons that I started attending the church in my town. It seemed like the majority of the interactions I had with people that seemed to be at least attempting emulate Christ like behavior. The people who seemed the most patient and the most giving towards their fellow man while leading an intentionally structured life mostly seemed to be active church goers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Mat_7:20 -  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Mat. 13:24-30 - Tares sown among the Wheat

Both texts spoken by the Lord Jesus Christ warning of Satan's ambassadors.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:39:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EastWest] [#4]
Originally Posted By T1NMAN:
Good read.
As the West lights it's Christian History on fire what comes next may be horrifying as conviction is lost in social religion.

Clanging noise without any real truth.

"Today’s Christian churches are full of free riders. In general, little is required of modern Christians, and all aspects of the Christian lifestyle have become optional. Aside from a few small gestures of faith, Christians are indistinguishable from non-Christians. They may receive their sacraments and associate with other Christians, but their outlook and behavior are much more defined by their environment than their religious beliefs. Even when their churches are desecrated, their brothers and sisters in Christ are martyred, or the key tenets of their faith are violated, most Christians tend to carry on as before, never realizing the damage that their complacency does to their religion."
View Quote

A good read, indeed. Sadly, I am not surprised that the article features the Anglican Canterbury cathedral (I grew up in the Anglican/Episcopal Church).

"Will there be any faith when I return?" (Luke 18:1-8).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top