BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

Tons of people here driving without any plates or registration on their vehicles. Lots more without car insurance. They're going to get people to self report and buy firearm insurance. Lol.

But watch the range owners will be their cuck and require proof to shoot at a club or range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DDDDCheapAF:
Lol , insurance for a constitutional right. Get fucked .

Tons of people here driving without any plates or registration on their vehicles. Lots more without car insurance. They're going to get people to self report and buy firearm insurance. Lol.

But watch the range owners will be their cuck and require proof to shoot at a club or range.

Because the range owners have to carry business liability insurance to have a valid business license from the county, and that insurance policy will damn sure get revoked if they don't require any customers to be checked.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:31:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stevelish] [#2]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

Aren't you glad Colorado decriminalized weed?
View Quote

Now do alcohol!®️™️(Did I do that right?)
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By contract:
and NO CRIMINAL WILL EVER BUY THIS INSURANCE.

View Quote

Nor will they ever be charged with a violation of this proposed statute.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]
This idea was floated back when the mag ban and UBC were passed years ago, it was “too much” at that time.  

I expect it to pass this time around.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Time to get serious about that land in WY.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Colorado sucks ass.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:25:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By XJ:
This idea was floated back when the mag ban and UBC were passed years ago, it was “too much” at that time.  

I expect it to pass this time around.

View Quote

Wow.  You guys are truly screwed.  Hopefully the SC will strike it down.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#8]
This would be like requiring women to take out Abortion insurance in case they later have one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Once you let a little infringment slide, it's open season.

But ya'll keep voting and serving in the military....

No Whites for Overseas Fights.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Then don't patronize them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Then don't patronize them.

Then you may not have a range to shoot at. I hope I'm wrong, but at some point, I hope the businesses and ffls just tell this state, no fuck you.

I was hoping they would do that with the 3 day waiting period... But here I am with my new guns being babysat  by the FFL as we converse.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:30:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#12]
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:

Because the range owners have to carry business liability insurance to have a valid business license from the county, and that insurance policy will damn sure get revoked if they don't require any customers to be checked.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:

You can't rationalize or church it up.

Being a cuck to illegal laws is being a cuck. We've all done it. But someone at some point has to draw a line and say no. Many shops told them to fuck off over the mag ban. We need to bring that spirit back.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By realwar:
They must have got the same idea from our bill in 2023.

Under SB 8, gun insurance in California would be similar to car insurance. Gun owners would:

Be held civilly liable for property damage, injury, or death resulting from the use of their firearms
   Have to obtain liability insurance that covers losses or damages resulting from negligent or accidental use of their firearm, including property, damage, injury or death
   Have to obtain proof of gun insurance, keep that proof with their firearm, and produce it when asked by a peace officer during the course of a lawful detainment.

https://trackbill.com/bill/california-senate-bill-8-firearms-liability-insurance/2282348/
View Quote

How did this end up in CA, is it law? If so how does it work?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I see they are nice enough to let people apply for an exemption if they can't afford it, that way they might not have grounds to sue.  How convenient.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:

Oooh!  Oooh!   I can translate that!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:
We also have pieces in the bill that allow folks to opt out if there is a problem with affordability

Oooh!  Oooh!   I can translate that!

Yeah I know where you're going I guess that is a factor too, my initial thought was they are setting it up to make it harder to get it overturned by the courts or sue.

The types you're referring to probably aren't going to apply for an exemption anyway.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By contract:
and NO CRIMINAL WILL EVER BUY THIS INSURANCE.

View Quote

Why would they? Likely would not cover criminal acts anyway.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah fuck off. I won’t be doing that. Just like I don’t obey any of their stupid fucking rules.

If I leave this state it won’t be because of the gun laws. I simply ignore them and do what I want. Even the three day waiting period can be circumvented with a quick trip to see my family in Wyoming.

I’m too damn old to be told what I can and cannot do. Piss off you commie cocksuckers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Legislators should be required to maintain liability insurance to cover the unconstitutional bills they put forward.
View Quote

This…..nails…..it
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:44:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:

Might as well pass a law mandating criminals carry
"criminal insurance" to cover themselves when they
suffer repercussions from committing crimes  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

https://i.imgflip.com/7swecy.gif

Originally Posted By The_Fly:
Yet another illegal and unconstitutional law that I'll freely ignore.

My guess is the idiots in Denver get their asses sued in a heart beat over this one.  No way it passes the Bruen test.

Might as well pass a law mandating criminals carry
"criminal insurance" to cover themselves when they
suffer repercussions from committing crimes  

Good then we taxpayers won’t have to pay for their court appointed attorneys
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By stevelish:

Now do alcohol!®️™️(Did I do that right?)
View Quote

Did decriminalizing booze lead to a locust-like swath of Leftists flooding a state, completely changing its electorate?  No?  Was the proposed change to Colorado predicted in full beforehand?  Why yes, it was.  Did lolberts not care, because, "Weed!"  Yep.

Sorry.  The people coming to Colorado because of marijuana were more bums than steely-eyed independent individualists.  Who knew?  This is just one more stupid thing that crowd believes in, is all.

We can discuss the tertiary effects on crime due to hindering incapacitation via removing a very prevalent strict liability crime, in another thread.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top