User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jarhead7011:
Just ignore their bullshit laws.  Rules of the wasteland or something…
View Quote

FFLs aren't going to be able to ignore this, if it passes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#2]
So when is the senate vote?

And who is organizing the armed peaceful protest of 10,000+ men with "assault weapons" for the day prior?

Have guns, will travel.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

The way I read it, you will not be able to transfer anything AK or AR related in CO, if this comes to pass. That seems to be the main purpose of the bill.

Compliant seems to be the wrong word, because this would only outlaw future transfers. What you already got is grandfathered... Which makes enforcement extremely difficult, for decades.

If you get questioned at a range or when pulled over by a cop... I had this back in 2023. Investigation of it would be difficult and time consuming. That isn't going to happen.

What will be real interesting to see, is if FFLs in other States (NM, WY, Kansas, TX) will sell you an AR, with a CO drivers license. I don't think it's illegal for them to do, and there's tons of legit reasons and plausible deniability.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fsjdw2:

Based on part XI isnt a stripped AR lower instantly non cpmpliant no matter what? There is a compnay that makes belt feed uppers for them IIRC (there was some weirdness with orders accepted and then not delivered for 2-3 years, and order of delivery. etc)

The way I read it, you will not be able to transfer anything AK or AR related in CO, if this comes to pass. That seems to be the main purpose of the bill.

Compliant seems to be the wrong word, because this would only outlaw future transfers. What you already got is grandfathered... Which makes enforcement extremely difficult, for decades.

If you get questioned at a range or when pulled over by a cop... I had this back in 2023. Investigation of it would be difficult and time consuming. That isn't going to happen.

What will be real interesting to see, is if FFLs in other States (NM, WY, Kansas, TX) will sell you an AR, with a CO drivers license. I don't think it's illegal for them to do, and there's tons of legit reasons and plausible deniability.

FFL's are required to abide the law of the state of the person they are selling too. Currently CO residents could buy an AR out of state (without mag ) because AR's are legal in Colorado but if that changes, they won't be able too.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Shit, if it goes into law that means Dragonman's gun shop will have to shut down.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Shit, if it goes into law that means Dragonman's gun shop will have to shut down.
View Quote

He does MG rentals, a range and other stuff too, so maybe not.

But I suspect that it will put a hurting on the smaller FFLs. I won't be surprised if a bunch go out of business. If this passes the senate, I would be shocked if they don't sell all the black rifles, the next day. I've already seen a few panic buyers.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#6]

And who is organizing the armed peaceful protest of 10,000+ men with "assault weapons" for the day prior?

View Quote
do it.gif
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you guys hear that Colorado is getting an AWB while you were busy arguing why Colorado sucks?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
do it.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:

do it.gif

I can convince like maybe 6 people to go.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#9]

I can convince like maybe 6 people to go.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:00:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the party pal(s).

Dang, twice in one night. Going to have to make this my sig line.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:12:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 762SR25:
I remember some of the loudest voices in the "Texas will be blue next year" threads being from Arizona and Colorado, even in the years after CO getting a magazine ban which admittedly was so seldom enforced I met many Coloradans that didn't even know about it.

View Quote

Same trend in Texas. Arizona has become more Democrat gradually over the course of a decade. Much like Texas has. Iowa and Ohio, two historic bellwether states, voted for Republicans in a higher margins in both local and federal elections these past 6-8 years. Things don't just change overnight. Arizona went from something like 11% to 5% to 3% to Democrat over the last few cycles.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:31:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 762SR25] [#12]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

Same trend in Texas. Arizona has become more Democrat gradually over the course of a decade. Much like Texas has. Iowa and Ohio, two historic bellwether states, voted for Republicans in a higher margins in both local and federal elections these past 6-8 years. Things don't just change overnight. Arizona went from something like 11% to 5% to 3% to Democrat over the last few cycles.
View Quote

The balance of power has not shifted at all here while the finger pointers and doomsayers went full blue.

Should have looked in the mirror instead of worrying about us.

Just like the Georgians predicting Florida's fall while they went blue themselves in 2 cycles.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top