BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:53:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pallas:
Major props to the female for not crying, going spastic, and keeping her cool. Make the arresting LEO look even worse.
View Quote

I was thinking the same.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:05:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WeimaranerDad:

If I had a teenage daughter, of course, I would give her the caveat “if you’re out on the interstate, don’t extend the “pursuit”.  Pull over when and where it is safe to do so which should be pretty much immediately.  If you happen to be in town, and there is a gas station or bank close by, pull in there.”

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KOOLKEV:

A driver, even a female, taking a few extra minutes looking for what she feels is a safe place to pull over, has led to some extremely angry police officers. Being pitted, isn't unheard of.

If I had a teenage daughter, of course, I would give her the caveat “if you’re out on the interstate, don’t extend the “pursuit”.  Pull over when and where it is safe to do so which should be pretty much immediately.  If you happen to be in town, and there is a gas station or bank close by, pull in there.”

Yes, of course. I was always told to just be polite, listen to what you are being asked or told to do, and address them as officer or sir. But that's assuming that they are in their right mind, and not some psycho looking to light you up over what they may perceive as a danger to themselves, or apparently,
whatever they may consider flagrant disrespect.Every parent today should tell their newly licensed child what to do and how to act during a traffic stop. Used to be common sense was all you needed. Now, seems like it's a bit more complicated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:09:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it just me or is this YouTube guy starting to go off the deep end a little bit?

Not talking about this incident, but this video.  At one point he interjects about the officer having a wedding ring on his left hand and someone should check on his wife.  Then he says the black letters on the car with the thin blue line tell you everything you need to know.

His videos get posted here all the time but the more recent ones have had some things that don't have clear relevance.

Just something I noticed
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:20:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

Or it won’t and agencies will do investment plan matching like many are trending to.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:
Originally Posted By dyezak:
These are the type of incidents that should make the victim a rich person, at the expense of the police pension system.

Let the police weed out the bad apples themselves once they realize they can’t retire anymore and will have to work until they are in a nursing home.

Or it won’t and agencies will do investment plan matching like many are trending to.

So burn it from the operational budget. A negative feedback accountability model isn't hard to figure out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:35:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: solid] [#5]
Originally Posted By chmodx:
Is it just me or is this YouTube guy starting to go off the deep end a little bit?

Not talking about this incident, but this video.  At one point he interjects about the officer having a wedding ring on his left hand and someone should check on his wife.  Then he says the black letters on the car with the thin blue line tell you everything you need to know.

His videos get posted here all the time but the more recent ones have had some things that don't have clear relevance.

Just something I noticed
View Quote

Lawyer Up is a member here.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:41:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Not looking to start a flame here, was it extreme yes, was it unnecessary yes, was he in danger no, was he overzealous yes, would a more experienced officer handled it different sure, but why in the fuck don't people do what the cop says? wrong or right, it goes alot smoother if you comply, fight your case in court. Not on the street with a cop. My dad told me that when i got my DL at 15 years old (back then).

IF the cop makes a mistake would you rather be dead or rich? easy question to answer

most, if not all, of the shootings at traffic stop are because of a chase and or not complying to exit the vehicle. i don't give a shit what i am looking for or doing when a cop says get out, i get the fuck out. that takes priority in my mind,
he can get the license and paper work himself.

do you really think if she got out immediately when he said, he would have thrown her to the ground ?

i was stopped and guns were drawn, i did exactly what i was told, I did not ask a single question, put both hands on the wheel, put down my window, unlocked my door, an officer opened my door and asked me to reach over with my left hand and release the seat belt, he grabbed my arm and said exit the vehicle, i was silent the entire time, leaned me against the truck, they didn't have to tell me to put my hands behind my back, the officer never let go my left hand and put it behind and i put the other one myself.

Only thing they did to me was be polite and concise and handcuffed me.  Mistaken identity, someone in a truck like mine eluded an officer after shooting at him.
when the officer in question pulled up, he knew immediately it was not me, i had a sticker on the back of my truck and my height, and face didn't match. I had 3 guns in my vehicle and told them exactly what, where and what state they were in, loaded, chambered and clean bores. They didn't even ask to see my license or paperwork or even looked in the vehicle, by that time my license plate came back clean. they apologized and asked if i wanted to file a complaint and had the option to file one later if i decide to.

I told them no and that i understood, but i want each one of you guy's cards and if i get a speeding ticket, one of MOFO better get me out of it. We all laughed and went on our way.

Had a buddy that was a cop and was shot and killed at a routine speeding stop. So i understood the urgency to take control of the situation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:48:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:
Wtf is WRONG with these guys?
View Quote

Nobody paid attention to them in high school.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:15:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Dude was unhinged and handled that badly but that's not a slam.
That's called a yank and place.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#9]
He has anger issues.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:56:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CyberSlacker:
Not looking to start a flame here, was it extreme yes, was it unnecessary yes, was he in danger no, was he overzealous yes, would a more experienced officer handled it different sure, but why in the fuck don't people do what the cop says? wrong or right, it goes alot smoother if you comply, fight your case in court. Not on the street with a cop. My dad told me that when i got my DL at 15 years old (back then).

IF the cop makes a mistake would you rather be dead or rich? easy question to answer

most, if not all, of the shootings at traffic stop are because of a chase and or not complying to exit the vehicle. i don't give a shit what i am looking for or doing when a cop says get out, i get the fuck out. that takes priority in my mind,

do you really think if she got out immediately when he said, he would have thrown her to the ground ?

i was stopped and guns were drawn, i did exactly what i was told, I did not ask a single question, put both hands on the wheel, put down my window, unlocked my door, an officer opened my door and asked me to reach over with my left hand and release the seat belt, he grabbed my arm and said exit the vehicle, i was silent the entire time, leaned me against the truck, they didn't have to tell me to put my hands behind my back, the officer never let go my left hand and put it behind and i put the other one myself.

Only thing they did to me was be polite and concise and handcuffed me.  Mistaken identity, someone in a truck like mine eluded an officer after shooting at him.
when the officer in question pulled up, he knew immediately it was not me, i had a sticker on the back of my truck and my height, and face didn't match. I had 3 guns in my vehicle and told them exactly what, where and what state they were in, loaded, chambered and clean bores. They didn't even ask to see my license or paperwork or even looked in the vehicle, by that time my license plate came back clean. they apologized and asked if i wanted to file a complaint and had the option to file one later if i decide to.

I told them no and that i understood, but i want each one of you guy's cards and if i get a speeding ticket, one of MOFO better get me out of it. We all laughed and went on our way.

Had a buddy that was a cop and was shot and killed at a routine speeding stop. So i understood the urgency to take control of the situation.
View Quote

To be fair, most cops will stroke out if you get out of your vehicle on a routine traffic stop and this was a routine traffic stop.

Her having her license in her hand when he grabbed her isn't a good visual for him. As far as other items like registration and insurance, lets be honest, MOST people will scrounge around for a minute or two finding the right one.

I keep both registration and POI in my visor, no reaching over to the glovebox or rooting around in the center console. Besides, there may be a box of ammo or other gun stuff in one of them and that kind of cop WOULD draw down on you, probably with his finger on the trigger if he saw that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:00:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:

It would be a cryin' shame to waste all that valuable training, dontcha think?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

He'll go to another department and do it again.

It would be a cryin' shame to waste all that valuable training, dontcha think?

Who are we lesser beings to question the actions of a HERO!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:18:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chmodx] [#12]
Originally Posted By solid:

View All Quotes

Just something I noticed

Did not know that.  I just prefer the commentary to reflect the actions and constitutional issues.  The ring reference had me do a double take, as if it's pointed out in case anyone wants to dig up info on this officer.  It's just irrelevant.

Saying someone may want to check on her is a bizarre thing to mention.  It comes across like he's inferring he won't do it but I'm case anyone on the Internet wants to fuck with his family there's some Intel for you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:39:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ExFed1811] [#13]
Society and politicians worked very hard  to run off most of the people who were good at policing, and to make it an undesirable job. What did they think would happen?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:47:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Armadillon] [#14]
Originally Posted By ExFed1811:
Society and politicians worked very hard  to run off most of the people who were good at policing, and to make it an undesirable job. What did they think would happen?
View Quote

Same thing happened with teachers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By UV18:

With millions (probably billions) of contacts, these events are isolated.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UV18:
Originally Posted By millfire517:
How many isolated incidents this year so far

With millions (probably billions) of contacts, these events are isolated.

Yah, but when the incidents are done by people who can ruin a person's life and have the government acting as HR when you bring misconduct to their attention, the scrutiny and punishment should be 87000% higher
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#16]

How do I know this?  Because bad cops go from place to place, year after year, and find jobs in LE.  A 20-year LEO who's bad didn't start being bad at year 20.
View Quote

I always thought it was year after year, but this guy is month after month.

The small piece of the timeline that is known to me:
April-July, the department that covers the fairground suspended him for ten days, trained him in deescalation, and pushed him out the door, all in three months. The guy who was glad to be rid of him said he moved to an unnamed department in Indianapolis.
July-? unnamed department in Indianapolis. What did he do to wear out his welcome there?
October-present: South Whitley, where the city attorney releases a public statement defending him and smearing his victim. I think he's found his home, at least among the city leaders, but the city residents seem to want him (and maybe the leaders) gone.

On Saturday (4-12-2024), the South Whitley Police Department shared the following post.
Within the last week, the city has decided that he was wrong, but that it's not worth punishing him for. After all, it's merely a federal crime of violating civil rights, and making false statements to LE, and presumably making perjured statements in a police report and in her preliminary hearing.

“In response to a social media post of an edited video of a local law enforcement encounter, the South Whitley Police Department notes that it is limited in its ability to offer additional information. The social media post and comments suggest a uniformed local officer acted unreasonably in his interaction with a driver pulled over for speeding on January 24, 2024. The incident resulted in a criminal charge and judicial finding of probable cause that the driver committed a crime. Persons charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

It is a crime to refuse to identify yourself if stopped for a traffic infraction. Further, a law enforcement officer is authorized to arrest an individual who commits a crime in the officer’s presence. The reasonableness of this officer’s conduct during the arrest is being reviewed. To ensure the fairness of the process to all parties, the Town’s Attorney has advised that it is inappropriate to comment on the underlying facts of this incident while they are being reviewed.”

---Greggory W. Hockemeyer, South Whitley town attorney wrote.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:54:10 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

A driver, even a female, taking a few extra minutes looking for what she feels is a safe place to pull over, has led to some extremely angry police officers. Being pitted, isn't unheard of.

If they've turned their lights on, they've chosen that spot as safe enough for them.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

But when the 'good cops' stand around while 'bad cops' do bad things, the 'good cops' become 'bad cops'.
View Quote

What about when the 'good cops' lower their voices to a level where the BWC has trouble clearly recording the words, and coaching the bad cops through their bad situations?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:01:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Cops have a job to do. She was clearly a hardened criminal and the cop was trying to turn her life around. It’s hard to protect and serve.

If that is my daughter, her dad is a better man than me IF I’d known what went down.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:06:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ramairthree:
I wish the guy pulling out getting yelled at to get away from his scene had video of his initial Camera “not working” phase.
Had put it in park, said I have exactly what went down on video in full detail, and I’ll calmly sit here until your chief shows up to make it his scene.
View Quote

That was a nice indication of how the bankrupt shithead goes through his daily life as a LEO, and helps explain why @UV18 would say he never should have had a badge pinned to his chest.

Imagine the following had happened:

Guy in the red SUV at 7:30 just displays a First Amendment protected finger while complying with the order to "get off my scene".
Officer Brian Schimmel responds with a violent assault.
SUV guy responds to a violent armed criminal with a lawful application of deadly force.
"Good cop" shoots law abiding SUV guy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Had to turn it off at 4:40. That lawyer is full of shit. I have no doubt the cop is guilty of excessive force but that doesn't mean the girl is completely free of fucking up as well. Lawyer Up is completely grasping at straws with the "blue line through the police" paint job on the squad car. It's not like that cop painted that car. He's also treading on thin ice by suggesting the cop beats his wife. Yes, I have serious reservations about the cop's actions that day. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna believe the parents side of things that Lawyer Up keeps promoting either. The parents weren't even there! They got their story from their daughter who, no doubt, crafted a version of reality into story format so that she sounds as innocent as possible.

The truth of what happened is somewhere in the middle. I suspect the girl went out of her way to act like an asshole and the cop obliged in return. Yeah, I think the cop deserves to be fired but I seriously doubt that girl and her family deserve a pay day. If that were my daughter, I'd take her driving privileges away.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Pallas:
Major props to the female for not crying, going spastic, and keeping her cool. Make the arresting LEO look even worse.
View Quote

I think she was stunned by her treatment , as any normal person would be.
Cop escalated it and punished her for disrespecting him ( in his mind ).

He neither acted professionally or handled a basic traffic stop.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#23]
She drew first blood by not giving him her drivers license fast enough, he had to get it on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Vne:
Had to turn it off at 4:40. That lawyer is full of shit. I have no doubt the cop is guilty of excessive force but that doesn't mean the girl is completely free of fucking up as well. Lawyer Up is completely grasping at straws with the "blue line through the police" paint job on the squad car. It's not like that cop painted that car. He's also treading on thin ice by suggesting the cop beats his wife. Yes, I have serious reservations about the cop's actions that day. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna believe the parents side of things that Lawyer Up keeps promoting either. The parents weren't even there! They got their story from their daughter who, no doubt, crafted a version of reality into story format so that she sounds as innocent as possible.

The truth of what happened is somewhere in the middle. I suspect the girl went out of her way to act like an asshole and the cop obliged in return. Yeah, I think the cop deserves to be fired but I seriously doubt that girl and her family deserve a pay day. If that were my daughter, I'd take her driving privileges away.
View Quote

lol.  The cop has difficulty controlling his voice, the young lady is calm and polite even after being manhandled by the perpetually disgraced officer.  The first police dept. knows he is bad news.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Did not know that.  I just prefer the commentary to reflect the actions and constitutional issues.  The ring reference had me do a double take, as if it's pointed out in case anyone wants to dig up info on this officer.  It's just irrelevant.

Saying someone may want to check on her is a bizarre thing to mention.  It comes across like he's inferring he won't do it but I'm case anyone on the Internet wants to fuck with his family there's some Intel for you.
View All Quotes

Just something I noticed

You are overthinking it.

It’s an insinuation that the cop might be a wife beater.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:
Wtf is WRONG with these guys?
View Quote

They are defective.

The problem is with the system that hires them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#27]
I love the posters who point out their issues with the youtube video itself and completely ignore the subject of said video.  It's like you're reading from a script.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By dyezak:
These are the type of incidents that should make the victim a rich person, at the expense of the police pension system.

Let the police weed out the bad apples themselves once they realize they can’t retire anymore and will have to work until they are in a nursing home.
View Quote

This.

Shitbags that do this kind of thing should face the max penalty for assault, and for perjury, seeing as they lied on an official report that has the potential to fuck up someone’s life.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Just something I noticed

I'd assumed this was to imply the officer was probably a wife beater, as opposed to a suggestion to harass the officer's family.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#30]
The same common theme, cop go from 0 to 100 in seconds and has to get it on.  Sure she should have gotten out of the car when asked but you have to give people some time to understand the request then a little more time to understand what happens if they don't.  But no, we just in seconds go hands on because you didn't instantly comply.  It is getting old.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Just something I noticed
View Quote

He's calling out thugs with badges that will violate your civil and constitutional rights.  If a thug would throw this girl to the ground, he does it others too.  Way to defend freedom sucking bullies......stay triggered
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Lawyer Up is completely grasping at straws with the "blue line through the police" paint job on the squad car. It's not like that cop painted that car.
View All Quotes
Lawyer Up is completely grasping at straws with the "blue line through the police" paint job on the squad car. It's not like that cop painted that car.

...except that as a civil rights attorney who routinely deals with violations of constitutional rights by agents of the state he sees that "line" in practice all the time. Like when one of his clients, a federal agent, had his house illegally searched by a family court judge looking for his assets. Then the entire family court system in the state of West Virginia closed ranks around the judge who exceeded her authority and who had a record of abusing court workers by making them do personal chores like mow her lawn. The local sheriff went right along with her bullshit.

It took the WVa state legislature starting to look into impeachment hearings for her actions to finally be addressed, including a rebuke from the WVa supreme court.

Or let's talk about the WVa state police command where they were busy fucking each other and using police vehicles and getting paid overtime to go fuck their mistresses, all while covering up one of their number literally running cameras inside the women's locker room. That line got real thin and real blue, including charging a whistleblowing trooper with domestic violence. What do you think he thought about that line right about then? It took public pressure...brought about by the very dude you're criticizing...to get the governor's office to intervene and get rid of those corrupt actors.

There are plenty of good people doing a good job as police officers. There are also shitbags who work for toxic leadership that close ranks around indefensible and inexcusable acts.

He's also treading on thin ice by suggesting the cop beats his wife.

If officer fuckstick is this ready to use inappropriate levels of force with such little provocation, it's perfectly reasonable to wonder where else he is inappropriately using force.

Yes, I have serious reservations about the cop's actions that day. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna believe the parents side of things that Lawyer Up keeps promoting either. The parents weren't even there! They got their story from their daughter who, no doubt, crafted a version of reality into story format so that she sounds as innocent as possible.

...or we could just watch the video and ask the same questions we ask about every use of force. Were the officer's actions reasonable and necessary?

If he can articulate that he was worried she was going for a weapon, yanking her out of the car can be a reasonable act. Did you hear that articulation? I certainly didn't. Then we'd have to get into whether or not that was a reasonable fear.

The truth of what happened is somewhere in the middle.

Splitting the baby isn't wisdom. It's usually cowardice.

I suspect the girl went out of her way to act like an asshole and the cop obliged in return.

...except police do not have the authority to use force because someone is "an asshole". Their use of force has to be reasonable and necessary based on the totality of the circumstances.

Yeah, I think the cop deserves to be fired

...then you are arguing that his use of force was not reasonable or necessary. And that's the end of the discussion.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Complete asshole.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:09:48 AM EDT
[#34]
What a fucking bad ass cop!! He should be very proud of the way he handled that 100 lb non threatening girl.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#35]
I used to trust cops, but anymore I don't want anything to do with them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:10:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apierce918] [#36]
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

You are overthinking it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

Just something I noticed

You are overthinking it.

exactly correct. it is a comment I would expect an arfcom member to make lol

also, didnt read the whole thread, but he tells her her driver side headlight is out, and it wasnt, its the passenger side
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

You don't think that a guy who obviously has such anger issues, as clearly demonstrated in teh video, might also beat on his wife? Behavior patterns are behavior patterns.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Obviously they need to lower the hiring standards some more. Also get rid of additional hands-on arrest training.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Obviously they need to lower the hiring standards some more.
View Quote

You have no idea just how low they are getting.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Creatyre:

If a police officer is determined to have lied on video, bad things will happen to them too. Career ending bad things. Brady cop things.

Please don't misunderstand my position here. The cop in the OP shouldn't be a police officer. But I'm not subscribing to the GD idea that 99% of cops are running around doing the wrong thing based on a couple of lawyerup videos.

There are hundreds of thousands of police officers in this country and the vast majority of them are out there doing the right thing. You will never be able to prevent bad actors from infiltrating. Humans are terrible.
View Quote

At the end of the day that is what most normal people believe about cops:  That they are professionals doing a good job and the right thing.  Most understand that police officers are people too and the human condition is that it’s normal to make mistakes.  The thing that is different is that the police are no longer given the benefit of the doubt and that sucks for good and bad cops alike.  

Why the police are no longer automatically given the benefit of the doubt is multifaceted and complicated to the point I certainly cannot offer any solutions.  I’m just surprised that the police actually give a damn what the public thinks of them.  Maybe the industry shouldn’t have taken the salad days for granted?

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

...except that as a civil rights attorney who routinely deals with violations of constitutional rights by agents of the state he sees that "line" in practice all the time. Like when one of his clients, a federal agent, had his house illegally searched by a family court judge looking for his assets. Then the entire family court system in the state of West Virginia closed ranks around the judge who exceeded her authority and who had a record of abusing court workers by making them do personal chores like mow her lawn. The local sheriff went right along with her bullshit.

It took the WVa state legislature starting to look into impeachment hearings for her actions to finally be addressed, including a rebuke from the WVa supreme court.

Or let's talk about the WVa state police command where they were busy fucking each other and using police vehicles and getting paid overtime to go fuck their mistresses, all while covering up one of their number literally running cameras inside the women's locker room. That line got real thin and real blue, including charging a whistleblowing trooper with domestic violence. What do you think he thought about that line right about then? It took public pressure...brought about by the very dude you're criticizing...to get the governor's office to intervene and get rid of those corrupt actors.

There are plenty of good people doing a good job as police officers. There are also shitbags who work for toxic leadership that close ranks around indefensible and inexcusable acts.

If officer fuckstick is this ready to use inappropriate levels of force with such little provocation, it's perfectly reasonable to wonder where else he is inappropriately using force.

...or we could just watch the video and ask the same questions we ask about every use of force. Were the officer's actions reasonable and necessary?

If he can articulate that he was worried she was going for a weapon, yanking her out of the car can be a reasonable act. Did you hear that articulation? I certainly didn't. Then we'd have to get into whether or not that was a reasonable fear.

...except police do not have the authority to use force because someone is "an asshole". Their use of force has to be reasonable and necessary based on the totality of the circumstances.

...then you are arguing that his use of force was not reasonable or necessary. And that's the end of the discussion.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

He's also treading on thin ice by suggesting the cop beats his wife.

Yes, I have serious reservations about the cop's actions that day. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna believe the parents side of things that Lawyer Up keeps promoting either. The parents weren't even there! They got their story from their daughter who, no doubt, crafted a version of reality into story format so that she sounds as innocent as possible.

The truth of what happened is somewhere in the middle.

I suspect the girl went out of her way to act like an asshole and the cop obliged in return.

Yeah, I think the cop deserves to be fired

Horseshit. Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JASIRR:
I love the posters who point out their issues with the youtube video itself and completely ignore the subject of said video.  It's like you're reading from a script.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/2OcFu56-590.gif
View Quote
Boot lickers are going to boot lick. When you can't find a legit reason blame the victim just attack the messenger.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By wyorock:
The same common theme, cop go from 0 to 100 in seconds and has to get it on.  Sure she should have gotten out of the car when asked but you have to give people some time to understand the request then a little more time to understand what happens if they don't.  But no, we just in seconds go hands on because you didn't instantly comply.  It is getting old.
View Quote

This. I tis unreasonable to give commands and not give the person time to comply.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:36:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#45]

I'm not disputing any of that. That's a good case. I'm disputing all the other bullshit you spewed. That the paint scheme on a car is magically predictive of the behavior of the cop driving it. Or that a cop that loses his cool on a difficult offender means he physically abuses his loved ones. That's all b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t.
Thanks for the education.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

Her having her license in her hand when he grabbed her isn't a good visual for him. As far as other items like registration and insurance, lets be honest, MOST people will scrounge around for a minute or two finding the right one.

I keep both registration and POI in my visor, no reaching over to the glovebox or rooting around in the center console.
View Quote

Working a dealership parts counter for 2 decades, I can't count how many times I have had to ask a customer for their VIN. Tell them it's on their insurance card, registration, etc.  All they have to do is flip their wallet open and pull out the insurance card.  Oh, but noooooo.  I don't carry that with me.  It's on my insurance app.  So then they stand their for 5 minutes, swiping left, swiping down, trying to sign-in, blah blah blah. The whole time I'm thinking, "Some day, you're going to make a cop wait on the side of the road while you do that????  In a cell coverage black hole????  Your day will not go well....."
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#47]

Just something I noticed
View Quote

I’m a big fan of his videos and I’ve noticed the same sometimes subtle, sometimes not so subtle change.  I attribute it to “appealing to an audience/market” which I don’t perceive as anything dastardly.  Let’s face it, the audience he is cultivating are NOT police officers.

I thought the comment about checking on the cops wife was hilarious.  Funny jokes are funny because they at least tickle the truth.  And BTW he does do videos where he breaks down how the subject is wrong and how the police were right.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#48]
I'm disputing all the other bullshit you spewed.
View All Quotes
I'm disputing all the other bullshit you spewed.

LOL

That the paint scheme on a car is magically predictive of the behavior of the cop driving it.

Despite citations of exactly where that "line" stuff was used to cover malfeasance and criminal acts, again challenged by the dude who watched it happen in real time to his clients and others.

Or that a cop that loses his cool on a difficult offender

Is that what we saw on the video?

Once again we have your preferred narrative versus what's actually on video. If a dude "loses his cool" over what's seen on that video, then that dude has no business carrying a gun with arrest powers. Because that ain't even CLOSE to difficult.

Excessively violent douchebags are excessively violent all over the place. Not just at work.

...and you said yourself that the officer's actions were unreasonable and unnecessary. You're saying a state actor violated the civil rights of a citizen. But simultaneously saying you don't like someone calling him a meanie for doing so.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Kharn:

If they've turned their lights on, they've chosen that spot as safe enough for them.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kharn:

Kharn

Yeah.

"Safe enough for them" to do what?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:57:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CyberSlacker:

View Quote

Really great story!  Were you 18 years old and had you ever been stopped before?
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top