Site Notices
Croatia?? (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cooper1:
How is this a vacation destination for a woman?

Bring a gun.  Somehow.

Nevermind.  I was thinking about Serbia.
View Quote

Serbia is amazing. Croatia is better.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Pula has a great very intact Roman amphi theatre. Well worth the visit.

‘Jedno pivo molem’ gets you a beers.

Ražniči meat cubes on sticks and cevapcici is good eating.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Dubrovnik - small but tons of history (Game of thrones as well)

Zadar - a little larger and more cosmopolitan. Great Roman history there. Best ice cream I've ever had.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I worked and lived in Zagreb for over a year. I never had any issues, nothing stolen or price gouging. I traveled during my time off. Croatia is a crossroads, Roman, Italian, German, Turkish, and Russian. The food is terrific. I had a hard time with the language but the locals helped me out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:33:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: COCKEDANDGLOCKED] [#5]
We went their 10 years ago for our honeymoon.  Amazing and beautiful.  Great food and drink, anyone under 30 speaks fluent English.  They love Americans.  If you are looking for a custom itinerary, I would highly recommend JayWay travel.

We self drove to take in the scenery, and boy, there is a lot of it.  If you do rent, be sure to request an automatic ahead of time if needed.  They have the nicest roads I've ever driven on.  We hit Rovinj, Pula, Plitvice, Hvar, Split, and Dubrovnik.  We also visited my family's ancestral home in Istria.

https://jaywaytravel.com/croatia

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By thunderopossom:
Had a college professor that loved Croatia and would recommend it to anyone. I trust her advice.
View Quote

Was she a babe?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the input guys. It truly helps.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Split is fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#9]
My mom visited some relatives there last summer. Went out to dinner and wound up sitting next to Luka Modrić at a restaurant. Said he was really nice,  got his autograph and everything.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:48:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By StevenH:
Reject modernization, embrace tradition. Its Yugoslavia.
View Quote
Pffft lame. Embrace true tradition. Kingdom of Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes. Or go back further; Austrian Empire. Or go further and get regionally specific; Venetian Empire.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:54:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By COCKEDANDGLOCKED:
We went their 10 years ago for our honeymoon.  Amazing and beautiful.  Great food and drink, anyone under 30 speaks fluent English.  They love Americans.  If you are looking for a custom itinerary, I would highly recommend JayWay travel.

We self drove to take in the scenery, and boy, there is a lot of it.  If you do rent, be sure to request an automatic ahead of time if needed.  They have the nicest roads I've ever driven on.  We hit Rovinj, Pula, Plitvice, Hvar, Split, and Dubrovnik.  We also visited my family's ancestral home in Istria.

https://jaywaytravel.com/croatia

View Quote
Saving that link for later. The wife and I want to go to Croatia. We've been talking about it for a while.  My dad's family is also from Istria so it's on the list of places to go. If you had 7 days, what would be your top choices?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Well,,,I'm substantially less wealthy but the flights and all the rest is booked. When I get back I'll try and load a ton of pics as the upload process is SLOW with HughesNet. We added two days in Venice plus another in Dubrovnic to make sure we had ample time to rest and relax.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I am planning now.

Fly to Rome spend two nights.
Fly to Dubrovnik spend two nights - walk the wall
Drive up the coastline for the next 4/5 days and end up at the capitol.
Fly home.

It is safe, clean, and unbelievably gorgeous.

Thought about going to Venice but that's a shithole.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Venice is always worth going to, but park north of the islands and take public transit.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ACEB36TC:
Well,,,I'm substantially less wealthy but the flights and all the rest is booked. When I get back I'll try and load a ton of pics as the upload process is SLOW with HughesNet. We added two days in Venice plus another in Dubrovnic to make sure we had ample time to rest and relax.
View Quote

@ACEB36TC

If you don't mind, what's the flight details?  Which carrier, leaving from and arriving where?

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Bohr_Adam:
Venice is always worth going to, but park north of the islands and take public transit.

View Quote

I stayed on the island of lido, where the Venice film festival is held.  Took water taxis to Venice to see the attractions.  Lido is laid back and fairly uncrowded with good restaurants but without the wait times for a table and the markup in prices.  Easy to rent a bike and explore the island, almost zero traffic.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Croatia?? (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top