Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2023 7:29:35 PM EDT
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to help a dog in urgent need.  An old friend of mine reached out to me earlier today to try to save his dog.

Her name is Dakota.  She's an 11 year old Husky/Shepherd mix.  It sounds like she didn't get along with the neighbor dog and started a fight recently.  The neighbor is pushing my friend to have Dakota put down, and that's currently scheduled for Thursday if he can't find a new home for her.

He tells me she's sweet and cuddly, and hasn't shown any aggression to any other dogs.  He brought two other dogs home while he's had her and she took the new additions to the house fine.  

Dakota is in NY (between Binghamton and Albany, I think).  If anyone has any interest in saving a senior dog, please let me know and I'll get you in touch with her owner.  Her time is short.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Am I missing the option to tell the neighbor to fuck right off?
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
Am I missing the option to tell the neighbor to fuck right off?
View Quote

I have also proposed that option. . While waiting to see if he takes that advice, I'm still working on getting the dog somewhere safe.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump.
Link Posted: 9/23/2023 12:08:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Neighbor is  lucky I’m no longer terminal. I’ve got a husky rescue myself. He had been in 4 different homes in 2 months after spending 3 years in a Georgia back yard, contracting heart worms, being abused and neglected. Total pain in my ass, but after over a year of trying to get him to trust me, he’s my best friend, and I don’t mind him so much either.

I wish you, your buddy, and that sweet girl lots of luck. I wish the neighbor bedbugs and herpes
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Update? Hoping it's not bad news.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top