Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 12:05:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Snozberry]
https://www.thatdailydeal.com/home.php?id=58657

Looks like real deal MREs at nearly half price of going rate. Amazon lists for about $10/unit. From the description:

We will try to get you all unique meals but you may receive a duplicate depending on our stock at time of shipment.

These meals ready to eat are extremely versatile and are made with some of the best components available on the military MRE market. Spaghetti with meat and sauce, Vegetable Lasagna, Beef Ravioli with meat sauce, Cheese Tortellini with tomato sauce, Chili and Macaroni, Sloppy Joe Filling, Asian Style Beef Strips with Vegetables and Chicken Breast with Pasta and Basil. In addition to the aforementioned entrees, each of the 8 kits also comes with the following side items: frosted brown sugar toaster pastry, (2) 1 oz grape jelly packets, Tootsie Roll, crackers, individual flameless ration heater, plastic spoon, paper napkins and seasonings. They don't require water or any kind of hydration and are fully cooked so they can be eaten straight out of the pouch anywhere at any time. Each meal includes a MRE flameless ration heater so you can have a hot meal, moments after opening, anywhere! They have a long shelf life: 3 years for military components and 1 year for commercial components. Both lightweight and waterproof, these MREs are the perfect option for outdoor enthusiasts, emergency preppers or anyone who is planning to be in a situation where they need food on the go.

For each order you will receive one MRE Kit which can include: Spaghetti with meat and sauce, Vegetable Lasagna, Beef Ravioli with meat sauce, Cheese Tortellini with tomato sauce, Chili and Macaroni, Sloppy Joe Filling, Asian Style Beef Strips with Vegetables and Chicken Breast with Pasta and Basil. In addition to the aforementioned entrees, each of the 7 kits also comes with the following side items: frosted brown sugar toaster pastry, (2) 1 oz grape jelly packets, Tootsie Roll, crackers, individual flameless ration heater, plastic spoon, paper napkins and seasonings.

Product Features:
1 pack of MRE meals
Military spec 8 oz. entree pouches in each meal
Calories per meal : 600+ Cal.
Light in Calories
Waterproof pouch
Weightless configuration and design
1-3 year shelf life
Made in the USA
MRE Contents:
1 Military MRE 8oz entree
frosted brown sugar toaster pastry
(2) 1 oz grape jelly packets
Tootsie Roll
Crackers
Individual flameless ration heater
Plastic spoon
Paper napkins
Seasonings
1 Waterproof, tamper proof, high density clear poly bag
View Quote

Ordered some.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:10:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Last I had Sopacko, they were pretty meh, but that was some years back.  The Ameriquals were pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#2]
No peanut butter or cheese? Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Humanitarian rations are a better deal even w/o a heater

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:51:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TribunusSanGeorgii:
Humanitarian rations are a better deal even w/o a heater

View Quote
Arent HDRs all kosher, halal, and vegan?

its worth paying more for something thats theoretically edible
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:01:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#5]
Originally Posted By VaultDweller:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
There's definitely no meat in them.
The main ingredient common to most of the entrees is parboiled rice, but some entrees are just tomato sauce and peas.

Yeah HDR entrees are not appetizing at all.

They do come with some standard MRE side items such as vegetable crackers, PB&J packets, shortbread cookies, fig bars, Don't forget the unfrosted toaster pastry. lol

HDRs are given out all over the southeast US after any significant hurricane.
They do not contain the flameless heaters as found in MREs.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:11:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Half the calories for half the price.   What a deal.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:14:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#7]
Sounds like it might be similar to the emergency ration. Looks like there are 16 of those in a case for around  $100.
https://www.surepak-12.com/buy-now/
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:23:07 AM EDT
[#8]
reduced sodium = run
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#9]
We're talking fuel to keep your body moving. If your tummy is to tender for these then you'll probably die early any ways for being a pussy.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:35:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TribunusSanGeorgii] [#10]

View Quote
I've eaten the HDRs and they are not bad.  These are low sodium, and not regular .mil MREs.

QFT
Originally Posted By Rokchukrslave:
Half the calories for half the price.   What a deal.
View Quote

Originally Posted By TexRdnec:
reduced sodium = run
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Those are decent meals and they're low sodium. They tast ok but are bland. I get a case everything I see them pop up in my email. I have probably 20 cases of them so far.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok deal, but you can do better for the same thing if buying in bulk. $110 for 2 cases of 14 meals = $3.93 per meal and free shipping.

Link: SOPAKCO Low Sodium MREs

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#13]
WARNING - WARNING - WARNING

I bought some $5.99 MREs from 13deals.com, which another arm of thatdailydeal (they have many, very suspicious...)

NONE of the heaters worked.  Everything was very old and in poor condition.  Tootsie rolls were like hard dog turds, candy melted.  entree selection was very bland.  No PB or cheese, just various jelly.

I love me a good USGI MRE but these were awful.  I could only choke down the stale crackers after thoroughly kneading the watery, separated jams.

I would suggest passing on these, I ended up throwing away most of my order after opening and checking about half.  Believe me, I could give steve1989mreinfo a run for his money on eating outdated and possibly dangerous military rations.  In my professional opinion... I'd run away.

If they were in good condition, $5.99 would be an ok deal.  maybe order 1 and try it but don't go wild and order dozens like I did

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
We're talking fuel to keep your body moving. If your tummy is to tender for these then you'll probably die early any ways for being a pussy.
View Quote

Quoted because you have some of the funniest replies ever!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Speedie:
Ok deal, but you can do better for the same thing if buying in bulk. $110 for 2 cases of 14 meals = $3.93 per meal and free shipping.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Speedie:

These are a much better deal because they give you the inspection date (2023 date) so they are most probably in edible condition.  Don't buy them for long term storage because they are nearing the end of their useful life.  at least for regular people who don't enjoy out-of-date MREs.

Originally Posted By j3_:
Sounds like it might be similar to the emergency ration. Looks like there are 16 of those in a case for around  $100.
https://www.surepak-12.com/buy-now/

These look to be new production.  Kind of expensive for the meal and shipping though.  ~$6 a meal isn't bad but the $40 shipping for a box.. I'd still order these over the 13deals/thatdailydeal scammers.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I have ordered them a couple of times.  Gave up after my order consisting of vegetable lasagna and cheese tortellini and that was it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:29:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2manytoys] [#17]
Those are not .mil issue.  They only contain ~ half the calories of issue MREs and they all have the same bland Tootsie Roll and flavorless, crushed and crumbled Pop Tart. They are also low sodium, and no amount of added seasoning will make them good.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Sopako's are OK, though the sides get repetitive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
View Quote

i love the tender tummy brigade on the arfcomz.

the typical Gee Dee navy squeal tough guy hard case MMA fighters think they're gonna fight the holy war in their shorts but they can't stomach an MRE and/or a humrat?

goddamn.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

- Heater ( Not guaranteed to work) lol

The calories linked in the op are a range, 600-1000. Not sure what the variance is.

And please, bitches. If you dont have or cant get access to salt, youve got much bigger things to worry about than a low sodium mre

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I love MREs and always take some backpacking or hunting but those low sodium types are inedible. After trying to power few a through I eventually tossed the rest of the case.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:57:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Snozberry:

The calories linked in the op are a range, 600-1000. Not sure what the variance is.

And please, bitches. If you dont have or cant get access to salt, youve got much bigger things to worry about than a low sodium mre

View All Quotes

Simply adding salt wouldn’t help those things.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:02:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexRdnec] [#24]

View All Quotes

i collect and have eaten WWII US rations.  i have also eaten MREs from around the world and have a spanish lunch menu #2 beside me right now, which has squid in its own ink.

i'm no steve1989 but i feel pretty confident that i can tell you that reduced sodium "MREs" suck, bitch...

ETA:  and where would i find salt??!  damn you preppers, damn you all to hell

Top Top