Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2024 10:03:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac]
I've been wearing Seikos for 50yrs and the capacitor on my current Kinetic is showing signs of age (test sweep only goes 2/3 of normal).
I'm looking at replacements but am not sure what's considered decent nowadays despite research.
I don't need anything fancy but prefer diver-style watches w/silocone bands so I don't have to worry about abusing them.
The two currently on my short list are:
Amazon Product
  • AUTOMATIC WITH MANUAL WINDING MOVEMENT: powered by the reliable 4R36 Caliber, these Seiko automatic watches for men combine automatic and manual winding capabilities.

Amazon Product
  • Featuring a Blue Band, Silver-tone Case, Crystal

I will consider other brands/models within that price range, so what suggestions do you have? Thx!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Disregard, decided to go w/the Prospex.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]
There are replacement capacitors available, but the one I put in only lasted a year… a bit of a pain to replace.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top