Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Absentee voting should apply to all military members if they choose, not just deployed military. Many military members remain legal residents of their home state and vote in their home state elections throughout their time in the military.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:44:29 AM EDT
[#2]
But how are they going to cheat?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:46:09 AM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't matter.

The tyrants will do whatever they want to do to obtain more control over us.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aside from deployed members of the armed forces, and maybe handicapped citizen with a qualifying disability, absentee voting should be a felony crime. Either make your way to the polling place, or you don't vote.
View Quote
Agree 100%
It isn't like election day is a surprise. You have four years to plan for it and make arrangements to be there. Except for a very few exceptions
voting should take place in person on election day and you should have to prove your identity. All the bullshit excuses people come up with are just that BS.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Aside from deployed members of the armed forces, and maybe handicapped citizen with a qualifying disability, absentee voting should be a felony crime. Either make your way to the polling place, or you don't vote.
View Quote

That's the way it 'used to' be.
But like my mother said: "'Used to' is dead and gone".
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Prefect, time to uncertify their 2020 vote.

Right? … Right?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In Mississippi you used to have to pay a poll tax ($2.00) several months in advance and keep up with your poll tax receipt and show it at the polls on the day of voting. As a kid, I saw my dad and mom diligently search for their poll tax receipt on election day so they could vote.

Oh, and you also had to be able to read and write and interpret the Constitution.

When those requirements were judged to discriminate against blacks, it all went to hell.
View Quote

Poll tax - I have many receipts that were my great grandfather's from paying a poll tax to vote.  This was in PA, I believe or possibly MD.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Poll tax - I have many receipts that were my great grandfather's from paying a poll tax to vote.  This was in PA, I believe or possibly MD.
View Quote

Make Standards Great Again
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top