Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2024 9:29:10 PM EDT
Im a little jealous. I really want a underground bunker.

Fucking stupid, close to a million on hand and they got caught for stealing electricity.  

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/10/28/deputies-discover-underground-bunker-filled-with-guns-drugs-waddell-rv-facility/
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to 2022.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tangotag:
Welcome to 2022.
View Quote

Yeah, saw it was a little old, But i like bunkers and didnt see it then so oh well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#4]
How many different calibers in those firearms?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Note to self: When operating an underground safe house full of guns, cash, hookers and blow, don’t be a fucking cheapskate with your utilities.

Seriously… That kinda cash, he could have probably set up solar and made it self-sufficient.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Will all the victims of gun theft get their firearms back?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a fun group to party with.  Just watch your power outlets.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Three stories deep and they stole electricity?  Idiots.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fxntime:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Meth eyes, both of them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice Henry.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:30:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coffin-Nail] [#14]
Originally Posted By GTwannabe:
https://i.imgur.com/rbBqJvM.png
View Quote

Meth heads usually don't have close to a million in cash and gold lol. A lot of wtf in this story.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember this one from 2022, stealing power. They had a good setup until they did that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Not to bad.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Interesting.

Looks like they didnt do a legal search.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:47:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prijador] [#19]

Wow.  I wonder how much was returned to them, of what was seized.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:39:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By nu3gawhat:

Interesting.

Looks like they didn't do a legal search.
View Quote

Does make you wonder.  If the search warrant said, "look for evidence of stealing electricity" and the Sheriff's deputies found evidence of, say, bypassing the meter or tampering with a utility box, but then followed an extension cord (or just continued to search the property) and found the bunker entrance and then went down into the bunker and nothing about underground bunkers was mentioned.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By fxntime:
View Quote

at one time there was no check to see if a gun was stollen unless there is a crime so a gun could be stolen, then bought and sold by FFLs with no check to see if it was stolen.  I could be wrong but that's my understanding.  Its a wonder any stolen guns get returned.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By pbystreetgang:

Does make you wonder.  If the search warrant said, "look for evidence of stealing electricity" and the Sheriff's deputies found evidence of, say, bypassing the meter or tampering with a utility box, but then followed an extension cord (or just continued to search the property) and found the bunker entrance and then went down into the bunker and nothing about underground bunkers was mentioned.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nu3gawhat:

Interesting.

Looks like they didn't do a legal search.

Hard to say.

Anything in plain view is covered, typically. But search warrants for the interior of structures have to be very specific, I reckon a good lawyer could argue that they had no right to search the interior.

But they’ll still take all his shit, and either refuse to return it, or destroy/“lose” it, because they can be petty like that without any real recourse.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#23]
In the pic of all the guns, does anyone know what that rifle is in the very bottom right? Looks like an A2 carry handle on top of a bolt gun with a telescopic MP5 stock..?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#24]
SKS M or D in that mix? The one on the left?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Do we need to do a roll call?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By WesJanson:
In the pic of all the guns, does anyone know what that rifle is in the very bottom right? Looks like an A2 carry handle on top of a bolt gun with a telescopic MP5 stock..?
View Quote

That is a Philippine semi auto .22LR that comes dressed up to look “sorta” like an AR.  I have one of them with the black painted non-collapsible stock that is a fun plinker.  Just can’t remember the name of it right now
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By bullsi191145:

That is a Philippine semi auto .22LR that comes dressed up to look “sorta” like an AR.  I have one of them with the black painted non-collapsible stock that is a fun plinker.  Just can’t remember the name of it right now
View Quote

It’s a variant of this:
https://special-ops.org/squires-bingham-m16-a-cheap-rimfire-rifle-from-philippines/
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Where did they keep the gimp?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WesJanson:

There used to be a Bingham (?) AR style .22 imported from the PI as you described advertised in the back of Gun Digest and Shooters Bible.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#30]
That dude is definitely fucking his mom.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:

Meth heads usually don't have close to a million in cash and gold lol. A lot of wtf in this story.
View Quote

These ones did.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:06:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigshot64] [#32]

In my jurisdiction, a dismissal with prejudice, stemming from a motion to suppress (it appears one was filed in this case) means that the state really crossed the line in terms of constitutional violations.  If the state just makes an honest mistake, it’s usually dismissed without prejudice (so if the state can fix the problem or figure out another way to prosecute, they aren’t barred from doing so).  When it’s dismissed with prejudice under such circumstances, and I’m assuming they are the same, somebody fucked up really bad.  

I’m having to make a lot of assumptions to get to this point.  I don’t know the facts or the case or the search or what was listed as the reasons for the suppression and or motion to dismiss.  Merely stating the facts surrounding the very limited information i have, and applying them to my jurisdiction.  No clue what the law is in the state where this happened.  I looked at the pics and that’s it

Hopefully they are still able to be prosecuted if it is legal and more importantly constitutional to do so.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:08:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Damn

While investigators searched the Swink’s storage facility, they found an underground bunker. The bunker had shipping container boxes stacked together to create a three-level building, with even a scissor jack elevator and tunnel ladders inside. Deputies say they found 36 guns, a pound of methamphetamine, an ounce of cocaine, a half ounce of psychedelic mushrooms and 200 pill capsules. Investigators also found $240,000 in cash and $700,000 worth of gold and silver. The duo was using the stolen electricity to power the bunker, deputies said.

“Sawed off shotguns, rifles manufactured with different lengths. We just found out that a lot of those weapons were reported stolen. I mean we are dating back to 2013, 2014,” said Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department. Deputies allege the bunker has been there for years. “We believe that it was built maybe ten years ago, so it has been there for a while,” said Enriquez.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Pink m&p .22

Weak sauce
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By J-L:
Pink m&p .22

Weak sauce
View Quote

I'll see you and raise a mini-14 in a bullpup chassis.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:

View Quote

Saw a comment on another site suggesting that there's no way these two built or stocked the bunker and were likely being paid to watch / "guard" the property.  

Just a guess but whoever was paying these people and either owned the property or leased it, effed up and let the power get turned off.  

As likely drug addicts the defendants would not have the kind of "mainstream" financial assets (checking / savings / credit report) needed to get power turned on to a property, thus the stolen power.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Fruit of the poisonous tree.

Still a mess for the owners. They must have seized everything. If things were stolen, they can't simply return. IRS will want its pound.

New charges coming.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Saw a comment on another site suggesting that there's no way these two built or stocked the bunker and were likely being paid to watch / "guard" the property.  

Just a guess but whoever was paying these people and either owned the property or leased it, effed up and let the power get turned off.  

As likely drug addicts the defendants would not have the kind of "mainstream" financial assets (checking / savings / credit report) needed to get power turned on to a property, thus the stolen power.
View Quote

I may be wrong.   The Maricopa County recorder site shows the property at 8601 N 143RD AVE WADDELL 85355 to be owned by the Laura Swink Living Trust.  Prior to that it was owned by something called Hi-Torque, Inc., of which Laura Swink was director.  Wonder if "Hi-Torque" is something of a play on words.  

Fwiw, the property is north of the Northern Parkway, directly north of the Luke AFB runway.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

I represent a utility in a busy "grow house" region. If our guys suspect a diversion, LE is notified and will typically surveil the premises for a while so they can secure a more complete search warrant for the premises.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Tangotag:
Welcome to 2022.
View Quote

IIRC, there was a thread about it back then.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:45:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jackslack] [#41]
Good?

I mean I hate druggies, but then I don't know to what extent the drugs played. Was it just MJ or was it meth, fentanyl and heroin?

Was it tons of it or just personal use?

Were they tied to the cartels?

The stolen guns makes them scum, but other than the theft and drugs....solid set up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#42]
A freaking Henry rifle??
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Impossible, I keep hearing you can't bury a shipping container because it will collapse on itself
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:01:49 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I went back and forth with a local co-op for days trying to get utility service for a commercial property moved into my businesses name.

Since I had no commercial service history with them, they required the deposit be 5x the highest bill....so $2500 dollars.

Most utilities do some form of 12 equal payments / prepay system for those with no credit, assets, or paper trail.

I don't think you need a credit score or a checking account to get electricity turned on when you've got a quarter million bucks in cash and say you'd like to prepay electricity for a year.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:23:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#45]
Originally Posted By 1775:
Impossible, I keep hearing you can't bury a shipping container because it will collapse on itself
View Quote
They used the containers as a form for the poured concrete.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top