Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2024 9:16:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil]
I know the look I want, lived in the desert and watched racing for years.

So this is a "new truck" just arrived in the country, spit shined before race.....it's been racing for several days....

Question is, it would start race with a Shiney black roof, then dust over with black showing.

Then dust settles into the backside of ridges, next morning, the dew settles on the dust and the fasteners collect dust turning dark, which highlights the rivets and stuff, as you drive and the blowing sand polishes the tops of the rivets

So do I wash it a light tan first or wash the details dark and finish light sand and silver last on a few rivets?

Is there a general rule?

I'm painting it the way I vision it driving,so all details will look like we are driving forward, never back
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 6:32:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Found a YouTube channel that looks promising for a beginner. Genesis models.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Flory washes on my model airplanes.  Just Google video search Flory washes.  On a flat or semi gloss surface it sticks better, but watch the videos. They’re an actual very fine clay mixed with water.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top