Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2024 12:42:26 PM EDT
I'm ready to graduate from bucket and sponge to foam cannon, electric pressure washer and detailing brush, and from cursing my wheels to hitting them up with powerful wheel cleaning stuff. BUT...I can't use products that will damage the asphalt driveway and surrounding lawn.

Seeking a list of products to use for all exterior surfaces that will get the job done easier, quicker and better within those parameters.

Detailing fluid, clay bars, waxes, etc. will be done inside a garage so no problems there.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for outcome.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
No idea if it will do anything to asphalt but it works great on the truck.

https://detailgeekautocare.com/
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:35:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bunnysriflestock] [#3]
Owned a house for years with an asphalt driveway and never had an Adams Polishes product damage my driveway after washing and detailing 4 vehicles.
The only product they have that I was careful with is their VRT tire dressing because I have seen other brands of tire dressings stain surfaces at other peoples houses but just out of caution I did not want to try and find out with their VRT.
Now 4 years here in Florida with a concrete driveway and washing our vehicles very close to our lawn. I have never had any of their products damage my grass either.

I rarely use my foam gun I just seem to prefer my USA Made brass Bulls Eye hose nozzle that has adjustable water pressure.
I have an ATS-V that leaves a lot of harsh brake dust the Adams Polishes wheel and tire cleaning stuff has greatly reduced my time cleaning tires and wheels without damaging anything.
Adams usually has some great BOGO deals multiple times a year. That what I wait for to stock up.
Just about every mail order type detailing company is going to have similar products. IMO

Wheel and Tire Cleaning Kit
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll second Adam's products. A C6, C7, and now a '46.
Never any issues with damaging concrete driveways or lawn damage.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Adam's good--check.

How about Griot's products? Anyone use their stuff? Does it kill the lawn?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:51:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Only ever used two Griot Garage products their glass cleaner and a detail spray because they were given to me.
Spray Away pretty much is one of the best glass cleaners and much cheaper than the boutique stuff. Every tint and glass company I have worked with use's it.

The detail spray was meh.
Adams detail spray is meant to go on a wet vehicle to aid with drying it off with one of their great white towels.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:18:04 AM EDT
[#7]
No issues with the Griots stuff here on my lawn or asphalt driveway.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I've never had any car detailing products damage my lawn.  I have even spilled Sonax wheel cleaner with no damage.  If you are worried about it, just keep the grass wet and then be sure any spills are diluted with plenty of water when you're done.  I think you're worrying too much.

For a polish, I'm liking Sonax Perfect Finish.  Follow it up with a good wax and you have a shiny paint job.  

303 Aerospace Protectant for plastics is nice.  Not shiny or greasy.  I use it on dashboards and trim pieces.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By baxt3r:
I've never had any car detailing products damage my lawn.  I have even spilled Sonax wheel cleaner with no damage.  If you are worried about it, just keep the grass wet and then be sure any spills are diluted with plenty of water when you're done.  I think you're worrying too much.
View Quote
Maybe, maybe not. Last year I killed a bunch of my lawn using this stuff. It works so good on aircraft I decided to try it on the cars. And it works great on the cars, much better than anything else I've ever used. But the runoff kills the grass. And I always wash the area down afterward to dilute the runoff. I had to go back to hardware store type car wash detergent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top