Page / 2
Posted: 3/18/2024 6:33:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Not guilty.

I hope he fights it and wins.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I seem to remember they,skipped the 2a stuff and were using civil rights violations.

Could be wrong been a few months since I saw or heard anything.

They usex Ebay sales records to track him down though that I remember.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:32:03 AM EDT
[#3]
fpni.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:52:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Crazyascanbe] [#5]
They are going to bury that guy under the NYS prison.

Dont you need a permit to even touch a pistol in NY
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#6]
There is a GiveSendGo for his legal defense.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#7]
If he manages to appeal it up to the big courts and they tell NY to fuck of, they'll just do what they did last time and double down with a super package of new laws.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:14:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Yes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:
They are going to bury that guy under the NYS prison.

Dont you need a permit to even touch a pistol in NY
Yes

In my county too they allow you to take your CCW course before getting your permit, which they acknowledge is just a muddy area as far as the law goes, but they don't seem to care.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Whether something SHOULD be unconstitutionally ruled against or not doesn't change the fact the guy was an idiot for doing what he obviously knew to be illegal in his state.

Now non-idiots are footing his legal bill.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
Whether something SHOULD be unconstitutionally ruled against or not doesn't change the fact the guy was an idiot for doing what he obviously knew to be illegal in his state.

View Quote

Easy coming from a guy that lives in OH. Will you turn in or destroy your stuff if it's ever banned in your state?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:19:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SmilingBandit] [#12]

View Quote

He’s a better man than you or I for being willing to stand up for what he believes in.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I listened to an interview of him and his lawyer a week or so ago.  He is well spoken and obviously an intelligent person.  Very interesting how federal and state resources were used against him.  I wish him the best.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck the left-wing democrat-puke gun thieves.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Bandhunter:
I listened to an interview of him and his lawyer a week or so ago.  He is well spoken and obviously an intelligent person.  Very interesting how federal and state resources were used against him.  I wish him the best.
View Quote

He dared to step off the plantation. They'll do whatever it takes to get him back on it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
He was an idiot for standing up for his Rights? For exercising his Constitutionally protected Freedoms in the face of State level tyranny?

Seems to me the real "idiots" here are those who didn't fight this when it was first implemented.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#17]
It is not my obligation to follow illegal laws that violate the Constitution or common sense.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I assume his lawyer has filed and lost motions to dismiss on 2a grounds. You can't argue those issues at trial
View Quote

The defendant isn't allowed to use, the law is unconstitutional, as a defense?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

shame on you
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Procat:
There is a GiveSendGo for his legal defense.
View Quote

It's true:

https://www.givesendgo.com/dtaylor_2a_legal
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By westphoenix:

The defendant isn't allowed to use, the law is unconstitutional, as a defense?
View Quote

This is why there is going to be a great deal of unpleasantness in our future.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#22]
He should tattoo a B and an A on his cock- walk into court; pull it out and allow them see it grow into

B
R
U
E
N
V
S
N
Y
S
R
P
A

FUCK NEW YORK, particluarly Hochuls sandy vag and Letitias disgusting gunt
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

He’s a better man than you or I for being willing to stand up for what he believes in.
View Quote

I believe abortion is evil but you don't see me burning down abortion clinics.

I don't see you burning them down either.

Lot of chest thumping on here. Yet I have not heard a shot heard round the world in response to all this tyranny. So what does that make you or anyone else in this thread?

Buying FRTs and printing ghost guns is not sticking it to the man. It's not being heroic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:01:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#24]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:08:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#25]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:15:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#26]
I don't know that he knew he was doing something illegal. He could have read about making 80% lowers and not known NY had all these restrictive rules.

My wife lived in PA for awhile and once said on the phone she was bringing her .22 pistol to NY to shoot. She had no idea she couldn't even possess a pistol in NY. I've had clients who grew up in NY, moved to Florida for awhile and returned with pistols they bought in NY. I've known police officers who had illegal guns.
View Quote

If you are printing ghost guns and aren't certain of the legality of it in you're locale, that also makes you an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:26:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#27]

With this logic, why do you even own AR's or mags over 10rds? Because a lot of the bans we've been seeing recently don't include grandfathering.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#28]
Originally Posted By TW52:

With this logic, why do you even own AR's or mags over 10rds? Because a lot of the bans we've been seeing recently don't include grandfathering.

View Quote

Logic must escape you.

I said don't do illegal shit. It's legal to own an AR. It is legal to own magazines in excess of 10 round capacity.

If you live in a commie state and have a mag ban there, move if you don't like it. You're welcome to vote with your feet.

You want the majority of America siding with us and seeing us as responsible, pragmatic, law-abiding citizens that aren't rogue.

Dexter is none of those things. He is not helping our cause. He is hurting it. He is a poster child for the left in terms of their talking points.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:04:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#29]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:05:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#30]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Logic must escape you.

I said don't do illegal shit. It's legal to own an AR. It is legal to own magazines in excess of 10 round capacity.

If you live in a commie state and have a mag ban there, move if you don't like it. You're welcome to vote with your feet.

You want the majority of America siding with us and seeing us as responsible, pragmatic, law-abiding citizens that aren't rogue.

Dexter is none of those things. He is not helping our cause. He is hurting it. He is a poster child for the left in terms of their talking points.
View Quote

So you failed to answer my original question.

When/if we get a Fed level ban, or if you get a ban in your state, are you going to turn your stuff in or destroy it?

At the least you should be supporting this guy, because guys like this that are actually fighting the BS is how we get BS overturned. Your way of complying until we have single shot blow guns isn't going to do a damn thing.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:45:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#32]

Logic must escape you.

View Quote

Red: My response to "just move" or "its a reasonable restriction": No, fuck you (not you the poster).

Blue: I am beyond caring what the majority of America thinks or cares or wants. The majority of Americans, as appearing to me @ 51%, are: amoral, liberal, communistic, hedonistic, sociopathic, egotistical fucking morons who I have no shared value with, and no compassion for. I am done caring for what they think or want, because that's where they are at for me - they want my way of life gone and erased for no reason other than "fuck you". I am also beyond caring about "reasonable" or "pragmatic". It seems that a "majority" of this country think that "reasonable, pragmatic" solutions to "gun violence" is lumping ME in with felonious psychopathic mass murderers (who are usually all of the above descriptors for "common Americans"). I disagree, and fortunately for me, the Constitution disagrees as well. I will not abide by banning common use rifles, suppressors, SBRs, body armor, night vision, IR lasers, DD's, ammo forts, on and on.

I say, he had courage to do what he did. He risked it all for a right that is outlined in the framework of our country. I wish him the best of luck.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Logic must escape you.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TW52:

Logic must escape you.

I disagree. Unconstitutional laws must be violated or else they will persist.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:21:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#34]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

I disagree. Unconstitutional laws must be violated or else they will persist.
View Quote

With all due respect, it is your opinion that this law is unconstitutional, and your opinion means as much as the liberal's who thinks it is perfectly constitutional. You are not a legal expert on constitutionality and neither am I. Let the SC do its thing, and in the mean time we shouldn't be violating laws we think are unconstitutional because then you end up with people saying they are going to operate illegal abortion clinics because of that same "unconstitutional" bullshit. Both sides play that game, and both sides cry foul 24/7. But the country's laws have been slowly sliding to the favor of the 2A and we need to let it play out, because we know CW2.0 is nothing more than a Boogaloo wet dream and won't happen, and as such I see no good coming of it.

At the end of the day infringing on rights is a gray area open to interpretation. Is not being allowed to own a new production MP5k infringing on your 2A? I see both sides. Infringing could mean absolutely no limitation at all. Anything goes. If that's the case then why the hell can't I vote on Wednesday? Or naked? Or at the location of my choosing? Why not with a crayon? Why the hell MUST it be on Tuesday, with clothes on, at a designated polling location, and I have to use their pens? Are they infringing on my right to vote? I don't see any serious weight given to that argument, and I think there is at least gray area as to what constitutes infringement, if none of those voting limitations constitute infringement in that context.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#35]
LOL @ people who think that they are incapable of reading a little history and comprehending the Constitution. I suspect it's a coping mechanism.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 3:41:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TW52] [#36]

With all due respect, it is your opinion that this law is unconstitutional, and your opinion means as much as the liberal's who thinks it is perfectly constitutional. You are not a legal expert on constitutionality and neither am I. Let the SC do its thing, and in the mean time we shouldn't be violating laws we think are unconstitutional because then you end up with people saying they are going to operate illegal abortion clinics because of that same "unconstitutional" bullshit. Both sides play that game, and both sides cry foul 24/7. But the country's laws have been slowly sliding to the favor of the 2A and we need to let it play out, because we know CW2.0 is nothing more than a Boogaloo wet dream and won't happen, and as such I see no good coming of it.

At the end of the day infringing on rights is a gray area open to interpretation. Is not being allowed to own a new production MP5k infringing on your 2A? I see both sides. Infringing could mean absolutely no limitation at all. Anything goes. If that's the case then why the hell can't I vote on Wednesday? Or naked? Or at the location of my choosing? Why not with a crayon? Why the hell MUST it be on Tuesday, with clothes on, at a designated polling location, and I have to use their pens? Are they infringing on my right to vote? I don't see any serious weight given to that argument, and I think there is at least gray area as to what constitutes infringement, if none of those voting limitations constitute infringement in that context.
View Quote

The RIGHT of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms shall NOT be infringed. There are no opinions, only facts, and it doesn't take being "a legal expert in constitutionality" to figure that out. Reads clear as day, listening to what the founders said reinforces that, not that it needed any reinforcing.

The SC gives zero fucks about our rights, that's pretty evident by now, unless you're head has been in the sand.

People like you are why we are at where we are at in this country.

And I'll ask again, will you comply when items in your collection are "illegal"? Will you turn them in or destroy them?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Maybe if Dexter identified as an illegal immigrant he'd be good to go?
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-rules-illegal-immigrants-have-gun-rights-protected-second-amendment
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Dexter Taylor on the Chris Salcedo Show- Our Battle with 2A Rights

Homemade guns trial starts || Dexter Taylor
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:03:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:10:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Didn't we just see some illegals arrested in NY and one or two had handguns and all were released? Maybe they are still facing charges but you'd think there is an argument for unequal treatment.

But NY, I know
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:15:29 AM EDT
[#41]

With all due respect, it is your opinion that this law is unconstitutional, and your opinion means as much as the liberal's who thinks it is perfectly constitutional. You are not a legal expert on constitutionality and neither am I. Let the SC do its thing, and in the mean time we shouldn't be violating laws we think are unconstitutional .......
View Quote

How does SCOTUS rule without cases like this?

No "violation", no case, no ruling.

But don't let your ignorance stop your ranting.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:25:54 AM EDT
[#42]
He’s black, so he’s the wrong color for persecution in NYC for this. They must really hate guns.

Yes, I know they do….
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:32:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nu3gawhat] [#43]
Havent listened to this one yet, but I bet itll be good.

Previously listened to this episode and he seemed like a good guy with interests in the firearms buisness.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#44]

If you are printing ghost guns and aren't certain of the legality of it in you're locale, that also makes you an idiot.
View All Quotes
I don't know that he knew he was doing something illegal. He could have read about making 80% lowers and not known NY had all these restrictive rules.

My wife lived in PA for awhile and once said on the phone she was bringing her .22 pistol to NY to shoot. She had no idea she couldn't even possess a pistol in NY. I've had clients who grew up in NY, moved to Florida for awhile and returned with pistols they bought in NY. I've known police officers who had illegal guns.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:08:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AmishElectrician] [#45]
Originally Posted By OTHP:
I seem to remember they,skipped the 2a stuff and were using civil rights violations.

Could be wrong been a few months since I saw or heard anything.

They usex Ebay sales records to track him down though that I remember.
View Quote

Last I heard Not only were they colluding with left wing companies, that were gladly handing over customer records, they were threatening weapons companies with lawsuits if they didn't turn over customer records.

The state police constantly talk about "tips" into investigations into someone with illegal weapons

So ...in a 37-count indictment with possessing 13 ghost guns, including four assault rifles.

Yea 4 assault rifles in NYC probably wasn't a good idea, isn't that an entirely seperate charge in NY? a charge for possession an assault weapon not only possession of a weapon

He's a smart guy and member of a gun club. Since 2013 SAFE ACT he must have known all that shit could come back to bite him.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Unless his goal was to make case law.  I wish him luck obviously.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#47]

Lot of chest thumping on here. Yet I have not heard a shot heard round the world in response to all this tyranny. So what does that make you or anyone else in this thread?

Buying FRTs and printing ghost guns is not sticking it to the man. It's not being heroic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Well, this thread went to shit pretty quick.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Gentlemen, this thread is an example of why we will always lose our rights to tyrants.  

Words are cheap, disobedience is expensive.  Disobey tyrants anyway.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top