Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I wonder if Taylor plead out? I can't find any current info on this case. It could also have been adjourned.
View Quote

I think this is him.https:https://twitter.com/futureradiocast

Carbon Mike.

Trial info on his page.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
Whether something SHOULD be unconstitutionally ruled against or not doesn't change the fact the guy was an idiot for doing what he obviously knew to be illegal in his state.

Now non-idiots are footing his legal bill.
View Quote

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.”—Samuel Adams
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:37:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everrest] [#4]
Rumble interview first ( will be copied to YT)
Interview with Dexter Taylor - Prosecuted in New York for Producing "Ghost Guns"! Viva Frei Live

ETA:
The Most Important 2nd Amendment Case You Never Heard Of! Dexter Taylor, Prosecuted for "Ghost Guns"
The Most Important 2nd Amendment Case You Never Heard Of! Dexter Taylor, Prosecuted for "Ghost Guns"
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#5]
In this thread are all the reasons I left New York 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 4:58:41 PM EDT
[#7]
With Kyle Seraphin

Long but worth it. Great conversation.

After listening its clear why they went after this guy, and it has nothing to do with the law, public safety, etc.

All the people involved going after this guy are a disgrace to humanity.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Boy good luck to him. It seems like he has no chance beyond jury nullification, which seems unlikely
View Quote

His legal strategy seemed to be based on an appeal from the get go.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:
They are going to bury that guy under the NYS prison.

Dont you need a permit to even touch a pistol in NY
Yes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Logic must escape you.

I said don't do illegal shit. It's legal to own an AR. It is legal to own magazines in excess of 10 round capacity.

If you live in a commie state and have a mag ban there, move if you don't like it. You're welcome to vote with your feet.

You want the majority of America siding with us and seeing us as responsible, pragmatic, law-abiding citizens that aren't rogue.

Dexter is none of those things. He is not helping our cause. He is hurting it. He is a poster child for the left in terms of their talking points.
View Quote

Oh good god.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#13]

With all due respect, it is your opinion that this law is unconstitutional, and your opinion means as much as the liberal's who thinks it is perfectly constitutional. You are not a legal expert on constitutionality and neither am I. Let the SC do its thing, and in the mean time we shouldn't be violating laws we think are unconstitutional because then you end up with people saying they are going to operate illegal abortion clinics because of that same "unconstitutional" bullshit. Both sides play that game, and both sides cry foul 24/7. But the country's laws have been slowly sliding to the favor of the 2A and we need to let it play out, because we know CW2.0 is nothing more than a Boogaloo wet dream and won't happen, and as such I see no good coming of it.

At the end of the day infringing on rights is a gray area open to interpretation. Is not being allowed to own a new production MP5k infringing on your 2A? I see both sides. Infringing could mean absolutely no limitation at all. Anything goes. If that's the case then why the hell can't I vote on Wednesday? Or naked? Or at the location of my choosing? Why not with a crayon? Why the hell MUST it be on Tuesday, with clothes on, at a designated polling location, and I have to use their pens? Are they infringing on my right to vote? I don't see any serious weight given to that argument, and I think there is at least gray area as to what constitutes infringement, if none of those voting limitations constitute infringement in that context.
View Quote

The post above is the problem.

The Americans of the Revolution understood that their rights as Englishmen--"no taxation without representation"--were being violated.

If you need the Supreme court to tell you what is constitutional you are a tool unfit for rule of law.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:33:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DarkStar] [#14]
Enemies, foreign and domestic.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:53:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DonS:

The Americans of the Revolution understood that their rights as Englishmen--"no taxation without representation"--were being violated.

If you need the Supreme court to tell you what is constitutional you are a tool unfit for rule of law.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DonS:

With all due respect, it is your opinion that this law is unconstitutional, and your opinion means as much as the liberal's who thinks it is perfectly constitutional. You are not a legal expert on constitutionality and neither am I. Let the SC do its thing, and in the mean time we shouldn't be violating laws we think are unconstitutional because then you end up with people saying they are going to operate illegal abortion clinics because of that same "unconstitutional" bullshit. Both sides play that game, and both sides cry foul 24/7. But the country's laws have been slowly sliding to the favor of the 2A and we need to let it play out, because we know CW2.0 is nothing more than a Boogaloo wet dream and won't happen, and as such I see no good coming of it.

At the end of the day infringing on rights is a gray area open to interpretation. Is not being allowed to own a new production MP5k infringing on your 2A? I see both sides. Infringing could mean absolutely no limitation at all. Anything goes. If that's the case then why the hell can't I vote on Wednesday? Or naked? Or at the location of my choosing? Why not with a crayon? Why the hell MUST it be on Tuesday, with clothes on, at a designated polling location, and I have to use their pens? Are they infringing on my right to vote? I don't see any serious weight given to that argument, and I think there is at least gray area as to what constitutes infringement, if none of those voting limitations constitute infringement in that context.

He's a commie. He should be a grey bar for everyone on this site. Please don't quote him.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:01:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nu3gawhat] [#16]
These anarcho tyranny commies are trying to destroy this country.

They create laws to go after and target good people, while letting the real criminals roam free to terrorize the communities.

Let god protect this man and see him prevail in his appeals to this mockery of justice and see this unconstitutional law struck down.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:03:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:12:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Inneedofhelp] [#18]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

In my county too they allow you to take your CCW course before getting your permit, which they acknowledge is just a muddy area as far as the law goes, but they don't seem to care.
View Quote

Some people in California have wanted to break off and form the state of Jefferson for some time, in the eastern/northern parts.  Many many years ago, I and a friend were returning home from another friend’s apartment in a large town (>90k people) in Northern California, but west of Sacramento.  We got pulled over, handcuffed, and the car searched against my friend’s objections.  He had an SU16 not properly configured according to the AWB laws, and 1 30 round magazine for it, and an SKS with the original 10 round magazine.  He learned from what the police told him that there had been some guns stolen from a residence in the area, which is why they were doing what they were doing.  He said one of the other officers was “a dick”, but the older officer that initially made the stop and called the others to his location was cool.  They let us go once they realized that what he had wasn’t stolen.

There is the law as written, and in many areas of life there is how things practically are.  It can be dangerous, because you never know how a certain cop may react, but many of the eastern and northern counties in California are different from the western ones, and still what happened occurred in a western one, albeit not some place like San Francisco or Marin county to the north.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Logic must escape you.

I said don't do illegal shit. It's legal to own an AR. It is legal to own magazines in excess of 10 round capacity.

If you live in a commie state and have a mag ban there, move if you don't like it. You're welcome to vote with your feet.

You want the majority of America siding with us and seeing us as responsible, pragmatic, law-abiding citizens that aren't rogue.

Dexter is none of those things. He is not helping our cause. He is hurting it. He is a poster child for the left in terms of their talking points.
View Quote

I don’t see Americans changing their mind over 2A issues because we seem responsible. We will never be left alone by the zealots and they will continue to push no matter your “responsibility “. There is only 1 goal and it will never end until it is reached.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Everrest:
View Quote

I’m really not of the example that the US government and the Russian government are exactly the same, but to me, this is all governments can do, make examples and use fear as their tool if they don’t like something.  In Russia, they arrest this person and that person for making some little protest against the war, like reading poetry against it in public, or a few Jehovah’s Witnesses because they don’t like them, and imprison them for 5-10 years, or maybe more, because they can’t arrest them all, so they arrest a few and expect the others to fall in line through fear of themselves ending up the same way.  

Governments just suck, period, in many ways.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Whether something SHOULD be unconstitutionally ruled against or not doesn't change the fact the guy was an idiot for doing what he obviously knew to be illegal in his state.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#22]

I believe abortion is evil but you don't see me burning down abortion clinics.

I don't see you burning them down either.

Lot of chest thumping on here. Yet I have not heard a shot heard round the world in response to all this tyranny. So what does that make you or anyone else in this thread?

Buying FRTs and printing ghost guns is not sticking it to the man. It's not being heroic.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Equivocating bullshit.

Appeasement cuckposting must cease.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Dana Loesch WARNS You What The Biden Admin's Plans Are To Jail Law-Abiding People | The Dana Show

New York state finds 2A Advocate Dexter Taylor guilty of making his own firearms and sends him to Rikers to face up to 18 years in prison for merely manufacturing his own guns and not selling them.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone know where I can find complaint, warrant, etc for this case?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#27]

RedState: NYC Man Convicted Over Gunsmithing Hobby After Judge Says 2nd Amendment 'Doesn't Exist in This Courtroom'

A Brooklyn man has been convicted of 13 weapons charges after having been arrested and charged in 2022 for building his own firearms. Dexter Taylor’s ordeal could become a landmark Second Amendment case in light of the Bruen ruling handed down in the same year.

The jury found Taylor guilty of second-degree criminal possession of a loaded weapon, four counts of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, five counts of criminal possession of a firearm, second-degree criminal possession of five or more firearms, unlawful possession of pistol ammunition, violation of certificate of registration, prohibition on unfinished frames or receivers. Two lesser charges, including third-degree criminal possession of three or more firearms and third-degree possession of a weapon, were not voted on.

Taylor, a 52-year-old New York native and a software engineer, discovered the world of gunsmithing years ago. He decided to take it up as a hobby and possibly turn it into a business later. However, when a joint ATF/NYPD task force discovered he was legally buying parts from various companies, they opened up an investigation that led to a SWAT raid and arrest.

He is currently being jailed on Rikers Island as he awaits sentencing. Taylor’s conviction highlights the ongoing battle for gun rights. During an interview with Vinoo Varghese, Taylor’s defense lawyer, he detailed how Taylor’s trial proceeded and highlighted a distinct bias in favor of the prosecution.

Varghese described how Taylor became fascinated by weapon science during the COVID-19 lockdowns, which inspired him to take up his gunsmithing hobby. “He ended up building, I believe it was eight pistols and five rifles or six rifles, AR-style rifles, and then eight or nine Glock pistols that he built,” Varghese said.

From the beginning of Taylor’s trial, it was evident that the court would be biased against the defendant, according to Varghese, who explained that two judges presided over his case before the current official, Judge Abena Darkeh, took over.

The judge disrupted Varghese’s opening statement multiple times as he tried to set the stage for Taylor’s defense. Even further, she admonished the defense to refrain from mentioning the Second Amendment during the trial. Varghese told RedState:
She told us, ‘Do not bring the Second Amendment into this courtroom. It doesn’t exist here. So you can’t argue Second Amendment. This is New York.'

Varghese said he had filed the appropriate paperwork to “preserve these arguments for appeal” but that the judge "rejected these arguments, and she went out of her way to limit me.”

During the trial, the prosecution attempted to paint Taylor as a dangerous individual who was building dangerous firearms in his basement. In this vein, the prosecution objected to allowing Taylor’s family in the courtroom to show support, nor did they allow his upstairs neighbor, who knew about Tayor’s hobby, to testify on his behalf. Varghese described the prosecutor’s opening statement:
He opens up, and he says that Mr. Taylor had a parade of horror. He was building this horrible place. When they saw this horror that he was making under the noses of his neighbors because all of those guns intended to hit their targets, basically implying that he was going to do some harm with these things.

When Varghese countered this narrative during his opening statement, the judge interrupted him again. “There’s no crime here, there’s no allegation of violence,” Varghese recounted, saying, “I got up and said, ‘You’re going to learn what Dexter is, who he is. You’re going to learn that he never fired these guns.’”

The judge interrupted again and asked the lawyers to come to her chambers for the second time.

Varghese explained that he believed the only chance of having the case go in his client’s favor was through jury nullification, which occurs when members of a jury believe a defendant violated a law, but decide against prosecuting them because they disagree with the law itself, or other reasons.

Judge Darkeh attempted to shut this argument down and led the jury to believe they would face consequences if they did not vote to convict Taylor. In reality, this is not the case. Jury nullification is not illegal, according to Varghese.

“I actually argued that jury nullification is allowed because there is some law from the High Court of New York that talks about lawyers who made jury nullification arguments. And basically, they said that judges shouldn’t encourage it, but they can’t prevent it. I actually made a pitch directly to Judge Darkeh to allow me to argue during nullification. She, of course, rejected that.”

He added: “She basically said, ‘You must vote guilty’ without saying ‘you must vote guilty.’”

He characterized Judge Darkeh as “the most aggressive prosecutor in the room.”

On April 16, when it was almost time for the court to close for the day, the jury returned with a verdict. They found Taylor guilty of all but two counts. He was immediately taken into custody.

The lawyer described what happened after the verdict was read. “When the verdict was read, his mom started crying in the back, and he said to me: ‘Vinoo, please comfort my mother.’”

Varghese continued, saying Taylor also “turned around to his mother after the jury was done, he said to his mom, ‘God bless you, mom.’”

Taylor is scheduled to be sentenced on May 13, and it appears Judge Darkeh will likely make an example out of him to send a message to others who might consider building their own firearms in New York, according to Varghese. He could be facing between 10 and 18 years in prison.

However, the battle is far from over. Both Taylor and Varghese are committed to fighting this case to the end – even if it means taking it to the U.S. Supreme Court. “We have a shot at winning in federal court,” the attorney said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:45:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Everrest] [#28]
Originally Posted By miseses:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By miseses:

I don't have access to the State filings on Dexter Taylor, but Pacer shows that the New York AG went after several parts sellers (unfinished frames) base on sales to Taylor and others in New York.
Case No. 22-cv-06124 (JMF)
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, by
LETITIA JAMES, Attorney General of the State of New
York,
Plaintiff,

-against

ARM OR ALLY, LLC; BLACKHAWK
MANUFACTURING GROUP, INC., a/k/a 80 Percent
Arms, Inc. or 80 Percent Arms; SALVO
TECHNOLOGIES, INC., a/k/a 80P Builder or 80P
Freedom Co.; BROWNELLS INC., a/k/a Brownells or
Bob Brownell’s; GS PERFORMANCE, LLC, a/k/a
Glockstore or GSPC; INDIE GUNS, LLC; KM
TACTICAL; PRIMARY ARMS, LLC; RAINIER
ARMS, LLC; and ROCK SLIDE USA, LLC,
Defendants.

AMENDED COMPLAINT amending 70 Amended Complaint (PDF)

Summary:
PRAYER FOR RELIEF
WHEREFORE, Plaintiff, the People of the State of New York, respectfully requests that
the Court enter an order and judgment that:
1. Enjoins each Defendant, pursuant to Executive Law § 63(12):

a. From selling, shipping, distributing, or otherwise supplying unfinished frames or receivers to any person or entity with a current New York State address;

b. From selling, shipping, distributing, or otherwise supplying unfinished frames or receivers to any person whom the Defendant knows or should know intends to bring, ship, sell, or otherwise transport, carry, or transfer any such unfinished frame or receiver, or an operable, unserialized firearm assembled therefrom, to New York State or to any person or entity with a current New York State address;

c. From manufacturing, distributing, selling, or marketing unserialized firearms or products that are used to form or create operable, unserialized firearms within the State unless such conduct complies with heightened, independently-monitored safeguards against the recurrence of the Defendant’s fraudulent, illegal, and/or unlawful practices, which are to be set forth in a compliance plan reviewed and approved by Plaintiff and the Court; and

d. To issue public corrective statements regarding their false and misleading public statements and omissions;

ETA: Court listerner:
The People of the State of New York v. Arm or Ally, LLC (1:22-cv-06124)
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#29]
The judge fucked up big time.

If she'd let the NY jury hear the defense, they still likely would have convicted him. And the SCOTUS is not sympathetic to criminal defendants.  

But with her interruption and refusing to let him present an effective defense, she perfectly positioned the case for 2A advocacy groups to take up the questions of if 1) the 2A covers homebuilt guns, and 2) is that incorporated against the states, through the appeals process.

All she had to do was STFU and let an NY jury run its natural course, and her arrogance is going to cost the antis everything.

Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Juries don't decide issues regarding constitutionality. All that is done in pre trial motions. Juries only get to decide issues of fact.

Taylor can still appeal. I think he has to convince the SC to take his case.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kharn:

If she'd let the NY jury hear the defense, they still likely would have convicted him. And the SCOTUS is not sympathetic to criminal defendants.  

But with her interruption and refusing to let him present an effective defense, she perfectly positioned the case for 2A advocacy groups to take up the questions of if 1) the 2A covers homebuilt guns, and 2) is that incorporated against the states, through the appeals process.

All she had to do was STFU and let an NY jury run its natural course, and her arrogance is going to cost the antis everything.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/AUjzjHX-60.gif

Kharn
Juries don't decide issues regarding constitutionality. All that is done in pre trial motions. Juries only get to decide issues of fact.

My understanding is she prevented the defense from mentioning Bruen in their opening argument, along with other statements beneficial to his defense throughout the trial. Someone on X, formerly known as Twitter , stated they contacted the judge's clerk and court reporter to get a copy of the entire transcript.

My reading of it (no Class A felonies,  no Class B or C sex offenses) is that he's eligible for release pending appeal, but that assumes NY doesn't apply "bUt GuNs!" and keep him confined until it reaches SCOTUS.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#32]

My understanding is she prevented the defense from mentioning Bruen in their opening argument, along with other statements beneficial to his defense throughout the trial. Someone on X, formerly known as Twitter , stated they contacted the judge's clerk and court reporter to get a copy of the entire transcript.

My reading of it (no Class A felonies,  no Class B or C sex offenses) is that he's eligible for release pending appeal, but that assumes NY doesn't apply "bUt GuNs!" and keep him confined until it reaches SCOTUS.

Kharn
View All Quotes

Kharn

Kharn

NYS was a fucked up state with a bunch of statists, at least 15 years ago.  With a few rural folks exempted.  And even they generally trusted the government.  Though to be fair I thought The process was fair then as well.  In hindsight, three was nothing fair or reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:18:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:
They are going to bury that guy under the NYS prison.

Dont you need a permit to even touch a pistol in NY
Yes

Not if you're a democrat senator from Arizona, you can touch as many pistols as you like.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Homemade guns case goes to SCOTUS || Matthew Larosiere

SCOTUS will hear a case challenging the Biden administration's restrictions on guns without serial numbers, often made at home. They've been labeled "ghost guns" by government agencies and the media. Matthew Larosiere is a gun rights attorney.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:51:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#38]
That's such a stupid evil waste.

Putting a contributing non-violent member of society in prison because his hobby is scary is just wretched and shameful.

even if you're anti-gun, he hurt no one.  Just wasting millions of dollars and ruining a man's life.

Beyond it being a stupid ass law
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#39]

If you are printing ghost guns and aren't certain of the legality of it in you're locale, that also makes you an idiot.
View All Quotes
I don't know that he knew he was doing something illegal. He could have read about making 80% lowers and not known NY had all these restrictive rules.

My wife lived in PA for awhile and once said on the phone she was bringing her .22 pistol to NY to shoot. She had no idea she couldn't even possess a pistol in NY. I've had clients who grew up in NY, moved to Florida for awhile and returned with pistols they bought in NY. I've known police officers who had illegal guns.

If you are printing ghost guns and aren't certain of the legality of it in you're locale, that also makes you an idiot.

Dang I read down the page some more and you went on a helluva roll after this gem.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:55:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: miseses] [#40]

View All Quotes

Kharn

That is a lie told by the judge to the jury.  A jury can find guilt, or not, for virtually any reason they like including constitutionality.  Notable exception would be something like a condition where the defendant bribed the juror meaning they were never in jeopardy.  This is why you end up with stuff often characterized as 'jury nullification' where the jury may have an explanation as simple as the law was dumb or an exception needs to be made.

They may choose not to find guilt if there is no crime.  There cannot be a crime if the constitution precludes it being a crime.   An issue of fact they may observe, is what the contents are of the constitution.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#41]
If he had only assaulted a police officer he would have never been charged, but a gun?
Fainting couches all around.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Govern me harder Daddy, em I right?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:
LOL @ people who think that they are incapable of reading a little history and comprehending the Constitution. I suspect it's a coping mechanism.
View Quote

When you get done reading those words then read about the concept of English Common Law.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:51:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul] [#45]
This place has gone really really strange.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top