Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2024 1:04:37 PM EDT
I’m looking at utility trailers to haul 3 dirt bikes. I’ve read a ton, and looked a a few at local dealers.

I’d like the minimum size to fit in garage but I don’t want it to be a pain in the ass to load either. Not interested in playing dirt bike Tetris every time I load.

I see there are people putting 3 on a 5x8. It seems small to me, but appears to work by putting two outside bikes forward and middle bike facing rear. It would take up less space in garage.

I was thinking of going 6x10 for the extra room. 6x10 would fit in garage, but 5x8 would fit even better.

If anyone has done 2 or 3 on a 5x8, do you think I should go 5x8 to save room or is it going to be a pain in the ass loading it?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an Aluma MCF2. It folds up against the wall in the garage.  It will carry two adventure bikes (GSA, Africa Twin, etc) or three dual sport / dirt bikes.  It’s not enclosed but the fold up storage is a game changer.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I've done three dirt bikes on my 5x8 but it kinda sucks. The 6x12 is way easier but depending on the size of your garage that may not work too well.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you thinking of using the trailer as a sleeper too?  If so, bigger may be better.

Think about gear as well.  Will you store your gear, equipment, tools, and other items in there?

You could make 5x8 work but if you have space for the bigger trailer, it may be worth it.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to haul 3 with a 5x8, but I used motocinch(es) that attached to the footpegs, and didn't need to use tie down straps.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By flyhack72:
Are you thinking of using the trailer as a sleeper too?  If so, bigger may be better.

Think about gear as well.  Will you store your gear, equipment, tools, and other items in there?

You could make 5x8 work but if you have space for the bigger trailer, it may be worth it.

View Quote

No, not planning to use it as a sleeper or haul much gear. It would be an open utility type trailer rather than enclosed. I’ll have plenty of room for gear and tools in the bed of my truck.

Think I’m going to go 6x10.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Camel:

No, not planning to use it as a sleeper or haul much gear. It would be an open utility type trailer rather than enclosed. I’ll have plenty of room for gear and tools in the bed of my truck.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Camel:
Originally Posted By flyhack72:

Ah I was thinking enclosed.  

We store gear, bikes, gas, tools, and sleep/rest in enclosed trailers in FL during track days.

Open, I would go 6x10.  Good choice!

Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up with a Sure Trac 6x10. Took it about 300 miles yesterday.

Sure trac seems like decent quality comparing it to the tsc, local angle built and AMO angle built I looked at. A bit more than I wanted to spend, but seems that’s how it always works out no matter what it is lol

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Muddy boots may just get tossed in, so go with something that has mesh or solid sides. Wish I would have gotten the 6x12 rather than 6x10.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I put 4 bikes on a 6x12 utility trailer and 1 or 2 on a small 4x8 aluminum trailer. I got 4 of the knockoff wheel chocks and they needed spacers to fit dirt bike tires but they work well. I made extra floor plates and move them around as needed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I used to put a crf250l and a klr650 on a 5x8.

With 3 bikes you want the 6x10. Could you likely do 3 dirt bikes on the 5x8 yes, loading and unloading that 3rd bike is going to suck though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#11]
No matter what size you get it's going to be too small.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top